• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Misunderstood lyrics

Years
  • Lauryn Hill's The Mystery of Inequity is one that comes to mind.

I heard her wrong when she got to the phrase, Loving a lie,
    Not realizing in Adam, all die.

I thought she was saying,
    Loving a lie,
    Not realizing an animal died.

Since the song is focusing on issues of civil rights, injustice and the corruption in the system I thought she was making mention of animal cruelty as something else wrong with the world.

To be fair, there's a whole lot of words in this song, and she's running them almost seamlessly together at a popping beat. I'm surprised that I didn't miss more.

Another one I sang the wrong lyrics to for some time was the Mars Volta song, With Twilight as my Guide.

I heard the phrase, where he keeps them in a vault of devil daughters, instead as, where he keeps them in a vault of devil darkness.

Makes some sense, darkness sounds more devilish than daughters. Haha. Also the first time I heard the song I was not listening to Cedric singing it, I heard a lady mumbling it, and her diction wasn't the best. Lol

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    They said, "All teenagers scare the livin' shit out of me"
    They could care less as long as someone'll bleed
    So darken your clothes, or strike a vile lamppost

What do you mean it's "a violent pose"?

Really, though, I keep making that mistake even when I sing it nowadays for some ungodly reason.

Back