• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mocked for your love of Pokémon?

Well? Have you?

• Yeah ¬_¬

Votes: 49 49.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • I don't like pokemon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What's a Pokemon?

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    Princess Peach said:
    Well sweeties, I go to a ghetto school, and I was never mocked for my love of Pokémon. I remember I brang a GameBoy Color, and Pokémon Yellow, took them out and started playing it in front of everybody in class. The reactions I got were: "Hey look! Jeremy is playing Pokémon!" "Say, Pokémon went hard back in the day." "I be playing Pokémon back in the day." Ect. I guess there wasn't any mockery because they must have grew up in the Pokéra, sweeties. =p </lamepun>
    XD

The same thing with me. I recently started playing the actual games again, and everyone's like "Pokemon, man thats so oldschool." All my friends know it, and basically anyone who ever played secretly still likes it. I don't hide it, but I know some d00dz who still 'mon and try to keep it low. I think it's stupid to hide it - I support my fandom 100% :D

Years
    Um, no. I don't actually love pokemon, I like to play the games and watch the show sometimes. Most of my friends play the games when they are bored too, so it's not a big deal.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2006
    Yeah I get mocked...but personally I couldnt give a ****....I'm 21 ans like pokemon...so what...If I respect that other people have their interests...then they could respect that I have mine. and If they dont they meet my not so cheery side >3

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    I just find it funny now that some people don't like Pokemon. I'm so used to it.

Heh, I brought my GBA into work cos I was bored, and on a break I whipped it out and started playing.

"Whatcha playing?"

"Pokemon"

"Heh, you coulda lied about it."

I'm not fussed though. I kind of take the same mentality as Akidatheart, have me a battle or two and we'll see if it's a kids game or not.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    Eh, not since middle school. Back then, yeah, it was a social popular/unpopular issue, but since high school, folk have mellowed out about it and tend not to care.

Muse

'The Underdog Trainer'
    Years
    Mocked? Understatement. Big one.

At my elementary school, we went to war about it. (Mini-war, mind you!) Seriously, I could tell rather interesting stories about the whole ordeal. But I'm going to keep it at the short version so I don't warp your mind or something like that.

-Kid moves in with Pokemon cards
    -Shiny cards draw in a small group of 'outsiders'
    -Unofficial Pokemon Club is formed.
    -Jerkizoids (Yes, that's what we called the mocking people. We were young and silly) declare war against Pokemon Club, deeming us geeks that must be eliminated.
    -Pokemon Club > Jerkizoids for five long years. Xp

Last edited:

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Everyone that I hang out with knows I like Pokemon. They're cool with it, as long as I'm not majorly obsessive over it. They all agree that Pokemon owns Yu-Gi-Oh, and that you're never too old to play Pokemon XD.

I don't really scream that I like Pokemon from the tops of buildings, so it doesn't really get out much that I like it. When someone finds out, I usually get the typical "Blah blah that automatically makes you a loser blah blah I'm a redneck blah blah", but I don't let it bother me much. It's just a game that I like to play - not a representation of my social rank.

~Alakazam~

Psychic Eye
    Years
    My friends are cool with the video games (GBA) and that's all I like, so I never get teased for it. I actually draw out closet pokemaniacs in my school.

DR.MUNCHLAX

Just passing by.
    Years
    Many people where I live know about my love of Pokemon and I am teased all the time, but it dosn't matter to me as long as I have Pokemon I will always remain happy ^_^

mew_rocks

Sell the kids for food
    Years
    Well at my old school my best friend liked it, and all the girls in my class thought it was cute that I liked it. (HELL YEAH!) Most people just laughed and said pikachu in a weird voice but it wasnt exactly a pay out. Now at my new school I dont think i'd reveal that I like it so meh I dont care I guess. Except one friend I had that was 2 years above me. He hated pokemon so I never metioned it around him though he did pay me out occasionally.

Ati

Staff User
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 1, 2009
    Dashiel said:
    Has anyone else been mocked/ridculed by their freinds/peirs for their love of Pokémon? I know I have :p I had a Pikachu Plushe in my bag (don't askl why)
    and someone found it. I havent heard the end of it since ¬_¬

I have my Latias everytime in my bag and doesnt matter for me if someone saw or will see it...:\

Neosplash

|♜|♞|♝|♛|♚|♝| ♞|♜|
    Years
    Me too...

When my friend, who will remain unamed (CoughPAULcough), looked over my shoulder at the computer I was at, he said "you like Pooky man" and now he won't leave me alone about it. He pokes me and says "hey look, I'm a Poky man!" =S

Don't ask me why he does that... I don't get it either.

AAMLrox

Super Kawaii! ^_^
    Years
    My friends think I'm crazy for still liking pokemon (they think it is for kids -_-) but they don't tease me about it...anymore...but they used to called me a 'pokedope' which wasn't very funny -_- The thing is though, they all used to love pokemon too.

I haven't told them about me liking Beyblade yet (eek!) I actually borrowed Pokemon movies 1&2 of off my friend and my other friend found me some Pikachu emoticons for Msn Messenger. ^_^

Some poeple find it funny though, I just give them evil looks ¬_¬
    I think it is stupid when people tease me about it because obviously they have nothing better to do than wonder about what I do in my spare time -_-

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    Neosplash said:
    When my friend, who will remain unamed (CoughPAULcough), looked over my shoulder at the computer I was at, he said "you like Pooky man" and now he won't leave me alone about it. He pokes me and says "hey look, I'm a Poky man!" =S

Don't ask me why he does that... I don't get it either.

Wow...and he thinks you're immature for liking pokemon?
    No offense to him, but I think acting like that is more immature than liking pokemon. -_-
    I think most people who tease other people are immature though. The mature people would leave you alone about it because it's none of their business. ^^

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2006
    AAMLrox said:
    I haven't told them about me liking Beyblade yet (eek!) I actually borrowed Pokemon movies 1&2 of off my friend and my other friend found me some Pikachu emoticons for Msn Messenger. ^_^

You have Pikachu emotions?? you are awsome...I want marill ones :3

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    When I was in high school...yeah. There was one kid who wouldn't leave me alone...until I threw a burrito at his head!

Now I can wear my shirts and wander around with my plushies in peace. The students at my college don't care; and the people at my place of work just think it's cute! They smile at my childish acts.

Back