• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mocked for your love of Pokémon?

Well? Have you?

• Yeah ¬_¬

Votes: 49 49.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • I don't like pokemon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What's a Pokemon?

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters

mew2_v1

The Unknown
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 14, 2010
    One of my friends called me 'PokeAddict' and all of my students laughed cause i'm the only student who likes pokemon.:(

Orophin

Gamer
    Years
    None of my friends know either, but at my age, you can't like pokemon without being mocked in some way.

MUSION

>:)
    Years
    If I find that someone in school or whatever that likes pokemon, I tell them I do and their the only people outside of home that know that I do. No matter how close a friend is, if I know they'll bug me about it I don't tell them. Because of this, I've never been mocked for it. Personally though I don't give a hoot about what other people think anyway, but I'd rather save myself some hassle.

I don't let anybody outside of home know about the crushes I have on many girls from pokemon though. Telling them that would be too risky. Funnily enough though, my mum knows!

Dr_random

I am... All of Me
    Years
    Of course I've been mocked. and all the time the same sentance.
    pokemon is for 3 year olds, you gay freak. you must be the only one over three who likes poke-gay-mon
    but I know all of you are at least 7

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    A friend of mine happened to see me buy pokemon TCG booster packs and she immediately 'snatched' it and showed it to my other friends who were there at the shop before I could pay. It was some form of indirect mocking, and I got pretty pissed.

But ack it, I don't deny my love and passion for pokemon.. I just don't like others mocking pokemon. It makes me a rather angry girl I must say......

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    Everybody in my school thinks pokemon is for kids.They think its stupid(i have to hide my old pikachu plushie when a friend comes over) But here we are in a nice safe sanctuary were we can interact with each other and talk about pokemon all we want without being criticized. I really feel at home here.

PrimeCupEevee

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    I am one of the smartest students in my school (Overall GPA is 101.432) and anybody who knows me knows my passion for Pokémon. Nobody seems to mind except for some idiots.

Funny story about that really...In Physics class my passion is known because I make Mew noises when we did 'myuu' (the coefficient of friction)

Anyway, several months later the teacher is drawing some sphere and one of the cheerleader girls calls it a Voltorb, and looks back at me, impressed with herself. Go figure.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    You bet. Then again, I'm a Senior in High School, and anime in general is looked down on either because of the whole "hentai" thing or because people are like "it's a freaking cartoon!"

Thus, I keep it quiet and talk about it with a few close friends and fellow nerds.

(And, PrimeCupEeve, I don't know where you go to school, but GPA doesn't go over 5, ever. And most of the time, it's just 4. Schools with a GPA possibility of 5 are bigger schools with more course offerings.)

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    I don't really bring it up to friends. I mean a few probably know I play the games, but that's about it. They probably wouldn't care.

Back