• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mocked for your love of Pokémon?

Well? Have you?

• Yeah ¬_¬

Votes: 49 49.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • I don't like pokemon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What's a Pokemon?

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Lol Well, alot of people that know I like it think its cool, but then other times when random people hear me talking about, or playing it they're all "You still like Pokemon?!" And then call me weird, or crazy... they're never real mean though, and eventually they just joke about it. One guy thought it was weird, but he was cool with it.

Last edited:

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
  • Yeah, all the time. There were already those who taunted me for superficial reasons that never really justified anything they did, and once they discovered this it gave them yet another one.

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
    Years
  • Every single day by my dad. x.x

Anime = Childish to him.
    Manga = Childish comics to him
    J-pop = Annoying Music that must be changed to him

My friends seem to like it..well one of my friends I can talk to about it.

xXx_SKITTY_xXx

Skitty is the most Adorable !
    Years
  • i always get looked at and people are like... 'yeah i liked it too, in like the 5th grade'

*le sigh

zonic the hedgehog

...::: D. GrAy-MaN :::...
    Years
  • There was a time where I did get teased a little bit, and this was just after the fad ended. (2002-ish)

It was pretty annoying, but it hasn't bothered me since then.
    Pokemon is obviously old enough for people to not make fun of me for liking it, so I guess that's somewhat of an advantage...

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
  • Not much..well,anymore =|

Most of the people I know can bear with the fact that I still love Pokemon..
    My best friend and I have been playing the game for a long time now..so ya..

*Orion*

Goner...
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Aug 8, 2006
    Back in Junior and High School, some people made fun of it. But eh... I always ignored them. And even laughed at their references.

And even though I'm still not much open about it, I doubt my peers at Uni care at all about what I like. So... the fun is over. It takes place in Immaturity Central, which is High School...

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
  • LOL NO!!!!my friends like it and my girlfriends(girl-as-friends)think I look cute with my little plushies(then again....they think I look cute anyways,so I dunno what to say about that...^_^; )

Years
  • No i ve never been teased for playing/watching pokemon.my friends know i like pokemon, and they don't tease me about it and don't care . Plus i never talk about pokemon when at school . When i first brought my pokemon crystal game into high school .One of the boys in my form room came up to me and said What are ya playing and i replied pokemon and he said" Yeah pokemon's a classic". Where i live pokemons kinda dead.

The_Bunny_King

God Of The Bunnies :P
    Years
  • a bit all it ever is is "Pokemon Boy!" since they found a cube magazine with a pokemon XD reveiw in it. but my best friend doesn't care we play the TCG all the time and on a school trip we missed breakfast because we were playing Y/B version

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
  • meh, some of my friends tease but I don't care 'cuz I have lots of friends who still play pokemon with me we don't care what people say, it's good fun
    and until it's not we'll keep on playing.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I was just watching an episode of pokemon and my mum asked me why on earth I was watching it...then she said that she recognised Meowth as one of my plushie toys.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2006
    :/ Sure, in school they did. Even my friends did at times, though I tried not to let it get to me.

I was (and still am...*cough*) a huge Pokémon nerd in school, but now that I'm older I honestly don't give a rat's *** what people think of it anymore. Heck, I have a plushie Pikachu backpack that I still use sometimes. My purse has at least ten Pokémon keyrings attached to it and my bed is covered in Pokémon plushies. I even wanted to paint Pokémon characters on my bedroom walls at one point, and I'm not ashamed to admit any of it because it was what made me happy. Still does, too, and if it makes me a nerd, then so be it! *salutes*

Yoko-Chan

Weirdo <.<
    Years
  • yeah, my friends can be REALLY annoying sometimes -__-'
    my brother too, but he's just an idiot though XD

Charizard_guardian767

Pokemon fanatic
    Years
  • Yeah I've been mocked countless times, people in my school hate pokemon and it seems like I'm the only one who likes it, which is why i decided to look for pokemon forums to meet and chat to people who liked it as much as i did, i went to pokemon dungeon first but the people there are a load of bull **** when i tried to give tips and advice, they just mocked me, so i decided to have a look at the next forum which is of course pokecommunity and everyone here is great and friendly to talk to

Years
  • Of course I've been mocked haha, but... I don't care. It doesn't bother me much, because some of my friends I know that they're just joking because they're anime fans as well. But others, pshh... They piss me off >=| haha

katiekitten

Is currently: Very happy
    Years
  • People used to make fun of me, but as I truly don't care, they have stopped. Unfortunately, even though I have lived in this country my entire life minus the year that I was born, every school I go to I am mocked for having an accent from a different country. The WHOLE school does it. And for some odd reason, every one knows my sister and I.
    >.>
    <.<
    O.O
    XD

It is really odd, people I have never even SEEN before make fun of us. I am so used to it that I just ignore it, but it never stops me marvelling at the sheer number... You'd think they would have better things to do. XD

Back