• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moderators

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    I have some time on my hands and would like to write some feedback to our wonderful mods here at PC. <.<
    First of all, I enjoy how all of you are very nice. This is one of those rare occasions where mods are actually enjoyable to be around. Many forums I visit involve either power hungry or just plain smart-*ss moderators. So, props on your niceness. ^.^
    The second thing I notice about PC moderators are that they're efficient, they warn threads if they're pushing it, and are very good with locking threads early, so there isn't a roaring spamfest of "ZOMG IN B4 LOCK!"'s. You're doing a great job with your current positions, keep it up.
    As of now, I have no complaints about the awesome mods here at PC. Let's keep it that way. :)

P.S. - Trying to create paragraphs on this board failz.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    My first thought when I opened this thread was "Ogod, yet another n00b complaining" but I was totally wrong about that.

That being said, yeah...the mods here aren't as evil as the ones you commonly find on forums of this size, though they do have their little mischevious sides. XD

I generally don't have much issue with the folks in steel blue around here either. o.o (though I do note that the one time I did get stabbed by a rouge moderator, the Admins acted pretty quickly to take him out.)

It's good that you took the time to compliment them, moderating is certainly not a cakewalk. (Contrary to what some might think)

Yoruichi

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2010
    I think the moderators here are better than most forums. Alot of those other forums have power hungry moderators who are sad little kids.

Yoruichi

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2010
    Your welcome there! I am glad you all hired the nicest moderators. I think the forum is alot more fun with moderators who are awesome and cool

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Definitely. I know that even lately, most of the staff has cooled down and none of them really seem to have that bad attitude. We had some pretty umm....violent ones...but I think they've gotten more humble over the past couple of years or they were booted out of the staff if they didn't. :P

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    We're all power hungry though. The members provide enough food for our hunger to be sustained, luckily. :)

Definitely nice to see someone appreciates what we do, so thank you!

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Aww... I feel all blushy now. o//////o Thanks, guys. :D

Don't tell them about the feedings, Klippy.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Feedings is our secret Klippy, shhhh. >_>;

Anyway, thanks for the appreciation. It's nice to know we're doing a good job and that people can come around and compliment our work. <3

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    I think it has something to do with age, Most of our Mods are/ almost Adults.

Ditto and Kudos on the compliments.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    I'm just glad to know we have a team of mature responsible mods.

P.S. - FEEDINGS?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Thank you! Someone finally makes a thread that isn't complaining about the moderators. >>

I praise you, now. 8D But yeah, the staff are nicer than people think they are.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I think it has something to do with age, Most of our Mods are/ almost Adults.

Ditto and Kudos on the compliments.
    The age might be involved but I have seen some great,efficent and friendly moderator that ar actually quite young. So it doesn't matter how old you are to see if you are a good moderator or not.

Compliments to all those friendly moderators out there who keep PC as Spam free as possile and making PC a place where people can enjoy and have fun talking not just about pokemon but about mostly anything. Thankyou.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2024
    I personally feel that the quality of the staff has been dropping ever since Fox♠ and I left. Things just aren't the same, and it shows in their work. Kind of disappointing, but I guess great things can't last forever.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I will say that there are quite a few moderators who are young, but very capable. I even know a few who quit the staff team that were quite young. Signomi was a mod for quite a while, and she was one of the kindest, yet talented moderators on PC. (She even turned down S-Mod promotions)

I kinda miss not seeing her on the mod team, but she's been a bit busy so yeah. She's older now, and is enjoying herself here at PC still as a normal user. \o/

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    And I couldn't ask for better members<3

I personally feel that the quality of the staff has been dropping ever since Fox♠ and I left. Things just aren't the same, and it shows in their work. Kind of disappointing, but I guess great things can't last forever.

Shut up Amachi, you love me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2024
    And I couldn't ask for better members<3

Shut up Amachi, you love me.

Quit sucking up to the members :P

I have to admit that indeed I do ♥ you, and while there are still some exemplary staff members, they just can't live up to the incredibleness of the Foxachi combination.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years

I second this, nothing is the same without the daily dose of Foxamachi brutal moderation.

Also, I'm like the second youngest on staff, yay me! :D Thanks and stuff.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years

I do agree with how you mean great things can not last forever. I mean nothing lasts forever anyway. At least I think? Anway, you need to recongize the great potential that lies within new moderators and other memebers, you and Fox (i) leaving is a thing of the past and we will miss you but we now have new moderators. All moderators and Staff memebers are here for the same reason. To control and help PC be a friendly and constructive/informative forum.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    You know, due the the nature of being a moderator, most of the people we come across are people who are getting into trouble for something they did and we're dealing with it. Obviously they aren't going to be very friendly (though there are some who apologize for their mistake and promise to do better next time), so we often get very negative criticism. Over time, moderators learn to just roll with them because... well, not everyone is going to smile at you when they get into trouble, are they?

But with that said, having a position like this on a forum is very much like being an employee at a retail store. You get so many bad customers who complain about every little thing and one comes along and gives you a compliment. It really lifts your day. Even if it's just one person. Even if it's someone you don't know. It's nice to know you're appreciated by someone.

I was having a suckish day because of my Friday night plans falling apart, but this managed to make me feel a little better.

Back