• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moderators

Yoruichi

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2010
    I think we should have one! I think the staff need one here. We all love them so much.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Yeah, with only a few exceptions over the years I've always been very happy with PC's staff. :3 Very rarely do I ever encounter people who turn out to be crap moderators.

I'm glad you agree. :] ty for the nice feedback.

One of those crappy moderators doesn't happen to be my self-righteous, immature, seventeen-year-old self from a few years back? Looking back, even I agree that I was a terrible mod back when I had that chance. XD

But the current group of mods are different...they're actually cool and very rarely do they come off as condescending or rude in any way (although I have seen a couple of former staff members acting as such recently, but that doesn't matter, right? :P)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    While were talking about favorite Mods, I think Fox, TwilightBlade, and Hiro are (were/was in Fox's case) the most enjoyable.
    Awww, you just made my day all the more worthwhile, I couldn't leave here without saying thank you. Although, I was only modded a month ago and still remain the newest mod, I have to give credit to the other staff members who taught me the ropes on how things work. As well as the higher staff for giving me this position in the first place. I know without well staff members like that to look upon to, I and maybe other moderators may not have been considered so well appreciated. I also have to give credit to my mod partner in the section I moderate, bobandbill, as he helped me work well in that side of the forum.

Anyway, I believe that the majority of staff members past and present did/ are doing their job to make the forum all the more enjoyable for members to come to. With that said, it allows this place to grow and form beyond its limits from when it first started. Also, it's the members of the community that make the staff members so well off, as many of them learn from their mistakes the first time and try to help out when they can, which makes things for us easier and makes us appreciate you guys as well, like said by Drew earlier.

Anyway, not to go tl;dr, thank you for your appreciation once more, it's well appreciated.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I hate the moderators. If I was in some position of power I'd have them fired immediately. Useless team of people. Especially Erik Destler.

Oops. Forgot the serious part of my post. Thanks for the feedback. It's always nice to get something positive from the members rather than a complaint. So we appreciate it <3

Last edited:

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    The Mods here are nice. Need to try this age limit tag :)

[AGELIMIT]18+: Mods are wonderful in a rude sort of way as well[/AGELIMIT]

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Staff members come and go, it's not an unusual occurrence. Each and every staff member has given their own time to help better this community, may it be the staff of the past or the present, every single one of them have contributed to making PC as advanced and knowledgeable than it ever was before, therefore both staff and ex-staff members deserve a great deal of credit.

It's like passing the baton once a staff member quits, there are people capable of doing the job; it's not rocket science, it can be done. I don't believe any staff team here on PC to be incapable in whatever state it is in at the moment. No moderator or higher staff member is better than each other, let alone less capable than each other, because they all commit themselves to doing the very same thing their position beckons them to do, and that is to monitor the welfare of the community, and to moderate all issues that happen to lie unresolved.

PC is resilient in the sense that the members will always keep up its legacy; therefore PC will never die no matter what anybody claims and theorizes. It will only carry on growing in popularity and interest. Staff members are human, it's only natural that some may gradually lose interest and to leave, once that happens then their position is then passed onto someone fresh and lacking jadedness, with the potential of making broad ideas without the cons of experience weighing them down, they must be somebody who is willing to get the job done. And that's what keeps this community in its stable state. Should any former staff member rekindle their desire to go at the job once more, then good luck to them, they'd be going at their job once more with a new kind of resolution in mind.

Well said Siggy. :D
    Especially true for you too. I've always had insane respect for you mainly because you were one of best in my opinion.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Yes , I love you all , PC Honest and kind moderators !
    *gives everyone a warm hug*

Well , f' course "This Needs To Be Locked" but not now . Let's enjoy this .

PS : DO NOT LOCK THIS THREAD OR I'LL MAKE SURE YOU DIE I'LL ANNOY YOU TO DEATH ! -_-

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Lemme tell you all about a little thang called Foxachi, it used to send da ladies crazy. The day they split was that 99.8% of PC's female population got purity rings, so that if by chance both would return, they would be ready.

^ Someone has an ego.

!

Someone wouldn't be saying that if Ray was still a mod, but please disregard the hard work he put into the Pixel Art section, heck, the hard work we put in. I'm sure you'd do a far better job there champ (b'')b

While were talking about favorite Mods, I think Fox, TwilightBlade, and Hiro are (were/was in Fox's case) the most enjoyable.

Thanks Rahul :) It's being a long time.

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
    Oddly enough, the Database crashed shortly before I was about to post what I was going to say. Let's just put it at that. =P

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    Who here remembers my hundred something post thread about how nice the moderators are.
    Let's hope this one doesnt get off topic xD

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
    Who here remembers my hundred something post thread about how nice the moderators are.
    Let's hope this one doesnt get off topic xD

Moderators here are nice. Actually, the Pokecommunity has a great Admin / Mod staff, especially compared to a lot of fan made forums and communities online. I don't think I've seen a single moderator here that post like a 5 year old.

Trust me, I've been to some sites where they think they're awesome, but they're mainly immature and are like, "LOCKED! LOLZULZ OMGS ENJOY UR BANS."

Pokecommunity has a far superior moderation team. Kudos to whoever picks 'em.

Last edited:

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    Foxachi has absolute nothing on the current and former RP section mod(s). ^3^

Just look at the list of former mods and look at where they are now and look at how awesome the current RP section mod is and you'll see what I mean.

No really. I'M NOT BIASED AT ALL. Really I'm not n3n;;;;;

There is no Pixel Art. There is only Roleplay. LONG LIVE THE ROLEPLAYIAN EMPIRE. DOWN WITH THE PIXEL ART REPUBLIC

But yeah, the mods here are just adorable and they're so nice to me. ;w; I keep forgetting who's on staff because on things like msn, you realllly cant tell they're staff at all. XD They're normal people. WITH MAGIC STAFF HATS. *-*

...+5 to Dexterity I tell you...+5 to Dexterity....

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    I have some time on my hands and would like to write some feedback to our wonderful mods here at PC. <.<
    First of all, I enjoy how all of you are very nice. This is one of those rare occasions where mods are actually enjoyable to be around. Many forums I visit involve either power hungry or just plain smart-*ss moderators. So, props on your niceness. ^.^
    The second thing I notice about PC moderators are that they're efficient, they warn threads if they're pushing it, and are very good with locking threads early, so there isn't a roaring spamfest of "ZOMG IN B4 LOCK!"'s. You're doing a great job with your current positions, keep it up.
    As of now, I have no complaints about the awesome mods here at PC. Let's keep it that way. :)
    I understand your reason, and also applause it (not seeing a feedback thread often), but aren't you forgetting something?
    I, too, have some favourite mods currently (though not telling names), and one of them is a really young prodigy. Some of them do a harder job, due to the activity/popularity of the section. But all are great all the same.
    Anyway, what's important, is that there is also the rest of the staff:

The Global Mods

These guys here do ten times the work of a moderator.
    That's because they 'moderate' ten times the field.
    They receive reports from ALL forum sections, and they even take the role of a regular moderator on unmodded sections.

The Administrators

Them beasts have an even greater responsibility.
    Not only they get the duty of a global mod at times, they also have to deal with all abnormalities regarding the board, do the latest vB upgrades, do the maintenance, downtime fixes, and all the technical stuff. Shouldn't you ADORE them if you just like the regular moderators?

And let's not forget all those members that help this community as a whole, not all vB forums have such an enthusiastic amount of donors, and a fair amount of helpful individuals who help others, sometimes (YES!) quicker than a mod, just because they happened to be there.

What my point is, on the whole, if I were you, I would do feedback EQUAL on this whole great community, which offers a considerable portion of great members. Thank you for motivating me to write this, as this is also my personal feedback here.

I breast my case.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    The moderators here are meant to be efficient and all of them are up to date. Not many n00bs post here in lol-text because the mods stop that because it's against the rules, making this place clean, normal, and understandable.

Also, NiKaNoRoU is right, the Global Mods have a giant job, but he forgot that there are two types of Administrators. There is the Staff Admin and the Site Admin.

Staff Admins take care of all the moderators and users, hence the 1000-PM inbox because of endless reports.

Site Admins have a larger inbox (due to vBulletin), they take care of both the reports and the forums entirely and have to make sure that the server is all right. I like the server at the moment, too.

Years
    For the most part, ever since I joined, I have always liked the staff. Even though I have had some problems in the past, I have acquired a sense of respect for the things they do to keep this large community under control. There are some that I miss dearly that seem, to me, to have left PC (DarkMage31 and Forest Grovyle come to mind), and there have been a few that I didn't care for. But as a whole, this community does have, and has had, a great staff.

And I must admit, the Foxachi team was quite awesome. ;)

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I remember hating mods because I have an endless infraction (for about 2 years) but I've come to respect their choices.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    Moderators here are nice. Actually, the Pokecommunity has a great Admin / Mod staff, especially compared to a lot of fan made forums and communities online. I don't think I've seen a single moderator here that post like a 5 year old.

Trust me, I've been to some sites where they think they're awesome, but they're mainly immature and are like, "LOCKED! LOLZULZ OMGS ENJOY UR BANS."

Pokecommunity has a far superior moderation team. Kudos to whoever picks 'em.

Reposted due to the truth.
    But really, with more knowledge of the site, our Moderators/Staff are amazing compared to most sites staff.
    Kudos to who ever knows the right person to choose for staff.

Back