• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mods (no not the moderators :P)

TY

Most games have been modded by some people. Some mods are amazing, some are just not even playable. It can be a small change, or a entire revamp of a game.

What are your favorite mods for games? What are your least favorite mods and why?

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
    Years
  • I used to mod Mario Kart DS a lot, but I quit it, ROM Hacking is not allowed when signing an NDA.

TY

I used to mod C&C Tiberian Sun, i had a pretty popular mod too, people asked me if stuff were gonna be implemented, i tried to do so... It was a cool mod which i never finished cause of school.

Though i always played mods for other games. I love the effort people put in them and the changes they made.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I've played Fallout New Vegas with quite the laundry list of mods, which include Project Nevada, Weapon Mods Expanded, Weapon Mod Recipes, A World of Pain, among many many others.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    One of my favorite modifications would have to be car mod for Grand Theft Auto. This allows you change your car to anything you wish, even if it's not a part of the game. I also like the Pokémon mod for Minecraft. It's called Pixelmon, I think.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I'm not really a big fan of mods; as great as some of them are, they give a bad message to developers and consumers alike.

With that said, Project Nevada is pretty awesome, and the various mods that improve technical issues and add to immersion are a godsend for games like Fallout: NV. I'd say the worst mods are the nude mods and sex mods. Most of them are pretty horrible looking, and the effort put into making them could be put towards better things.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • I love the HD mod for Grand Theft Auto 4. It makes a game that already looks good even better, with better colour, light mechanics and textures.

Another mod I like is the Ultra difficulty mod for the Touhou Project series...it's taking an already hard game to astronomical levels - double the bullets, double the hell.

My top pick, however, goes to the numerous car mods in Need for Speed: Most Wanted or in Need for Speed: Carbon. The NFS community's gone mad with their creations - bringing things like Ferraris (which aren't in any other NFS game), and newer models beyond the game's release date (getting to play with a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport in a game released 2006 is hella fun), giving people a chance to try their favourite cars in an older game.

Years
  • There are 2 games I absolutely adore with mods; Minecraft and Skyrim. With Minecraft, I mostly use Feed the Beast because that mod pack is absolutely amazing and adds thousands of items and even more to the game, making the playability longer and just in general more enjoyable. Sometimes I go back to the normal Minecraft and it just seems quite lame compared to using a variety of different mods. You normally use a range of mods in Minecraft rather than just one, to make the playing experience a lot better and people have actually put together mods that compliment each other, so to speak, and it's just easy to download and start playing. There are quite a few mods that don't even add much to the game, just add small things to the game that are useful and help us to carry out certain tasks. Since there are thousands of mods and so many that I like, not to mention texture packs, I'll name a couple I love: IndustrialCraft, BuildCraft, ThaumCraft. Those are the ones that come to mind straight away.

Skyrim mods also have variety. I won't talk too much here because I rambled on about Minecraft mods. Skyrim mods are generally very enjoyable, a lot of the mod producers are very creative. I've once used a mod for a lingerie shop. Yes, a lingerie shop with posters or Argonian models on huge posters and mannequins with lingerie displayed. That's just one of the more humorous examples and there is a lot more where that came from. But, yes, there are very good and fun mods out there that are useful and add to the game. I really can't remember any names of mods in Skyrim I just remember what the mods I use add to the game. I really enjoy using more weapons and ones that add expensive houses and caves around the map.

TY

There are 2 games I absolutely adore with mods; Minecraft and Skyrim. With Minecraft, I mostly use Feed the Beast because that mod pack is absolutely amazing and adds thousands of items and even more to the game, making the playability longer and just in general more enjoyable. Sometimes I go back to the normal Minecraft and it just seems quite lame compared to using a variety of different mods. You normally use a range of mods in Minecraft rather than just one, to make the playing experience a lot better and people have actually put together mods that compliment each other, so to speak, and it's just easy to download and start playing. There are quite a few mods that don't even add much to the game, just add small things to the game that are useful and help us to carry out certain tasks. Since there are thousands of mods and so many that I like, not to mention texture packs, I'll name a couple I love: IndustrialCraft, BuildCraft, ThaumCraft. Those are the ones that come to mind straight away.

Skyrim mods also have variety. I won't talk too much here because I rambled on about Minecraft mods. Skyrim mods are generally very enjoyable, a lot of the mod producers are very creative. I've once used a mod for a lingerie shop. Yes, a lingerie shop with posters or Argonian models on huge posters and mannequins with lingerie displayed. That's just one of the more humorous examples and there is a lot more where that came from. But, yes, there are very good and fun mods out there that are useful and add to the game. I really can't remember any names of mods in Skyrim I just remember what the mods I use add to the game. I really enjoy using more weapons and ones that add expensive houses and caves around the map.

I never was able to get Mods and texture packs working in Minecraft, i still wanna get them installed... xD

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • The original Stanley Parable for HL2 is by far my favorite mod.
    It's not a game in the real sense, but really, talking about it spoils the fun.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I don't like to change games significantly. I don't like the feel of playing a heavily-modded game, nor the trouble of getting it working without issue. I generally only use mods for certain things, often minor, that bother me more than I'd like, such as the blood on-screen when hit by attacks in TES V (oh, and the entire inventory UI; I'd probably recommend SkyUI more than any other mod). I once had a lot of mods for Homeworld 2; the Complex mod is interesting but caused performance issues on my PC at the time. I mean to try it again sometime. Community patches are great too, but as Luck implied, they do take away some incentive for developers to fix their games, even though, ironically, community patches must've come about to fix what devs simply wouldn't bother with anyway.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I love mods. I've applied a lot of mods to a whole host of games, such as N-Terraria (for Terraria); Pixelmon, Equivalent Exchange, plus a whole bunch of other mods in Minecraft; and some Zombies mods for CoD: World at War. I have to say that mods are great - they can re-spark an interest in a video game!

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Modded Morrowind with over 80 gigabytes of mods. My Skyrim used to have 20 gigs worth. I love mods and everything about them in Fallout New Vegas I had about 37ish gigs of mods and they were all just weapon and armor packs. Morrowind was modded with the overhaul stacked on with mods that I had accumulated over the years. It was one of the first RPG's I ever played.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Mostly Minecraft mods. I do a bit of modding myself (not to the point of actually releasing one). My favourite mods would have to be IC2, Tinker's Construct, Thaumcraft and anything Chicken Bones releases.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
  • I've got somewhere around 10GB of Skyrim mods at the moment. I enjoy a lot of the graphic improvement mods, but my favorites are ones that make the game more immersive (iHUD, Realistic Lighting Overhaul, Immersive Patrols) or improve the game's UI (SkyUI is probably one of the best Skyrim mods out there).

I'm not a fan of mods that make the game too easy (Cheats/God Items) or too realistic (Realistic Needs and Diseases or Frostfall). I feel like those kinds of mods take the fun out of it and ruin the experience.

TY

Right now im in love with the C&C 3 mod named Tiberium Essense, bringing back some old Tiberian Sun units to C&C3 like the Titan Mech and the Hover MLRS... I really loved the old TS GDI arsenal and they did a awesome job with getting the TS soundtrack in it aswell

Back