• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mom, do this!

Years
  • Are you one of those teens/kids who overworks his/her mother to the point of exhaustion? Did she ever tell you?

Oh be honest too please.

As for me, quite the opposite. Since I hate my mother, whenever my room is dirty, I clean it. When I'm hungry, I cook (And I actually mean cook, not microwave), and so on. The only thing she does for me that I can't do is buy clothes, because I would look like a bad dressed hobo without her.

Years
  • Not. I'm independent for a long time. I can do all things for myself. There are moments, when I'm tired and my mom does something for me, but not often.

Magik?!

Georgums.
    Years
  • My mum does the usual stuff for me, I mean... if she's cooking for my stepdad and my stepsisters then obviously she cooks for me too, and if she's vacuum cleaning the hallway and her room, she'll do mine too. Other than that I do everything myself, she's looked after me my whole life - she kinda deserves a break by now :P

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    Well, my mom basically does nothing to me. Probably help me pick up clothes only. I have a maid so my mom doesn't cook nor clean nor nothing. xD

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    It's the opposite. My mom is super lazy. If I won't bring her the phone or the TV controller she won't do it herself.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Heck no! >____>

I respect my parents, especially my mother, that I wouldn't want to make them do my chores.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I try being independent most of the time, but sometimes she does a few things for me. She washes my clothes for me if I forget to and it's only those kinds of situations.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Since I'm set to move out in on week and be married in less than one month, I feed myself for the majority of my meals. I even buy some groceries for for the house often. I buy all of my clothes, shoes, and entertainment goodies. The only thing my mom regualary buys for me is dinner a few nights a week, when she gets fast-food for the family (unhealthy I know but I'll have to deal until I move out, and I try to order mini-meals and salads/baked potatoes and stuff).

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    To be honest, yes. It is just a bad habit that will take effort overcoming. I do try to help out when I can, however. I don't expect her to do things like clean my room, but I do always ask her to make me food and etc. I can say that all though I do tend to overwork her at times, I pull my fair share most of the time. Allllllllllso, she is usually only aggravated by my sister.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Sometimes I do, but it's usually when she's had a long at work. I try to help around the house but sometimes it doesn't quite work. I do cook my own meals sometimes though, but the problem isn't the cooking, it's the cleaning. XD; My sister and I have both been doing a better job at trying to keep clean though.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I like to try and do things on my own so my mom doesn't have to worry about doing it. I'm 18 I can cook clean and buy my own belongings but she still feels I'm her baby and she still has to buy me things -___-.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • Honestly, I try depending less on my parents, because I want to become somewhat more independent. But there are times where you just have to bug your parents for stuff, you know? lol.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • It was actually the other way around for me. Since my mother was indisposed, I had to take care of her while I was still very young. I learned independence at an early age.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't believe I work my mom that much. My stepdad cooks, since he's afraid we'll set the house on fire if we use the stove even though both of us can use it. The only times I really think I work my mom are when it comes to books and school stuff. But she likes the second one. If talking about your problems and opinions counts then I definitely do though.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I try to rely on others as little as possible, or maybe too little sometimes. It's really no different with my mom. Aside from maybe occasionally driving me somewhere, or cooking if she's up to, I like to get my own things done. Even when she cooks, it's never because I want her to make something just for me. :x It's always for both of us, or maybe more than that.

Years
  • Nope, I pretty much try to do as many things for myself without her help. There are some times where I ask for favors, but besides that, im very independent.

Back