• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moments in games that freak you out.

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    There have been games that can make anyone freaked out, but me, the original resident evil on GC. I swear, when those dogs jumped through the glass just made me jump in fear. I never saw it coming. *Dead*

Last edited:

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2020
    Hmm...
    There have been few games I have played with moments which scared me but King's Field IV (PS2) scared me for the most of it, imagine a first person Resident Evil with slower graphics and set in Medieval times. Scary.

The other is from another relatively unknown game, Orphen: Scion of Sorcery (PS2). 3 moments.
    I. During one part, you have to go through a maze with parts which block some of your paths when they see you. It wouldn't be too scary, but they have big eyes on them...
    II. Another is a room with spiked traps. There are 5 of them, touching one twice kills you, you have to jump over them or go under them, but there are parts of the floor with traps which could make them move.
    III. A boss, which runs at you and pushes you down a hall, where eventually you'll be pushed of the edge, I shake really badly versing it, even now.

I got the game when I was about 8, now, 6 years later they STILL freak me out.

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    Another one for me was in resident evil 4. During the first Giganto or whatever it is called. The wolf comes to help you fight it. (if you were willing to help out the little wolf at the start of the game). Now when it's lightning and raining, when you go back to the curch with the insigia, you should see a dog up the pathway. I figured it was the wolf that helped me. But instead, it was a dog with the parasite. I come up until I can see the beasts yellow eyes, and the thing jumps on me, riping my face apart. *gets pistol and takes it down along with the others*

Last edited:

mudkiprulz

Yay Mudkipz
    Years
  • ok this was just for one second, i was scared. but in swbf2, this group of like, 50 or so rebels made their way through polis massa, (along with me) then about 16 mines (blame for a few other guys and my friend) ok so they were hidden under this panel that made them disappear, then i just blew up randomly, then this last dude walked through to an exit then blew up. boy, it was a sight to see. i mean, 50 people flying in the air.freaked me out for a second. not that scary, but im not even a teen yet and i still play it>_> (note that i wasn't the first one to blow up, this guy landed right on the screen making it black, THEN i blew up. for a minute there i thought my tv froze. right when i blew up, the guy got off me then i saw the other people flying around.)

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    .......The Impact Crater in Metroid Prime. I still get freaked out thinking about it...

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Redeads freaked me out, but the Resident Evil games sort of top it.

Also there was this one game where you're in a warehouse and there's an air duct right above you and a skeleton falls on you. Then all of a sudden the ceiling starts to collapse and there's these tentacle things that home in on you and try to grab you. Plus some of the boxes had red-ish eyes in them.

Shadow_Yue

SO I HERD U LIEK NARUTO?
    Years
  • I'm scared pretty easily so when I had my Resident Evil 4 game I was wandering around some shacks then turned around and this dead zombie is just THERE. It freaked me out to the point where I turned off my game and then turned it back on.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    New moment. In Resident Evil 4, there's this section with a Bird's Nest. Knock it down and about five dogs infected with the parasite chase you. Their intestines or whatever ripped me to shreads in mere seconds.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Icon of Sin from Doom II, because when I first played, I had no idea what to do and why I died (which, as a matter of fact, was a telefrag.)

Other then that, the general atmosphere of F.E.A.R. was scary until you got used to it.

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
  • There have been games that casn make anyone freaked out, but me, the original resident evil on GC. I swear, when those dogs jumped through the glass just made me jump in fear. I never saw it coming. *Dead*

Ditto. And I thought dead people were scary...

And while I was at my cousin's house, I chanced upon a game called Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.

Seriously creepy, this game actually targets the player to be tormented. It once said something like "All save files have been deleted", and other times, what looked like error messages popped up around the screen. I even thought I busted my cousins GameCube when I saw what happened to be a Blue Screen pop up.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • I don't remember exactly when it was, but the part in Gears of War when you're trying to get underground, and its dark and all the creatures are jumping out in front of you... It freaked me out so bad.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • In RE4 when you're Ashley and she goes into the dark and when she grabs the treasure, all those armor creatures chase you. Basically that whole game scares me. I just watch my brother play and I freak. X.x;

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Spoiler:

I never played that level again.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    the only part in a game to freak me out was part at the start of F.E.A.R where you walk though a hallway and when you get to the end this little girl calls you you turn around and see that there is a giant pool of blood above you and as you walk towards the girl it starts to dissapear and the music there was crepy i never played the game again

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • i don't play much horror games so probably when i first saw the big monsters with the giant gun on Resistence. It didn't scare me by popping out it just freaked me out cuz it was huge and came chasing after you!

Darx

I am JUSTICE!
    Years
  • In KOF: 2003, a fighter by the name of Mai, I think, was wearing clothes that almost made milk come out of my nose... It was scary...

Back