• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moments in the games which made you go... "eh?"

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Do you guys have any moments playing the Pokemon game (any Pkmn game), which made you go "eh? wtf?!"?

My experience are these:

- Finding a Leftover in a bin. Am I suppost to let a Pokemon hold it?

- The girl which gives you TM's for cans of drinks. Little girl, TM's are much more expensive than cans of Yummy Water.

- Getting a Porygon in Red version by buying the coins then trading for it, then when a friend comes over that day, he says: "hey, I'll trade you a Porygon for a while so you can get its Dex entry".

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    Yes. Two such times that I can recall at the moment would have to be..

-In the Abandoned Ship..

"You found something shiny! But it's just trash.."

So? It's shiny! ME WANT IT!!! XD

-When I put a Mightyena and Walrein in the Day Care Center, and I got an egg. o.O For some reason it just seemed messed up. XD

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Random Plushie said:
    -In the Abandoned Ship..

"You found something shiny! But it's just trash.."

So? It's shiny! ME WANT IT!!! XD
    Yeah, I always wanted to pick the shiny trash for some reason too... maybe it's something important?!

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
    Years
    What I think is weird (in both Pokemon and Zelda) is that people don't seem to mind you goin into their houses in the middle of the night. And they never seem to lock their doors, either. And where are the bedrooms? And bathrooms? O_O

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    'Snorlax used Sleep Talk!'

Then, 'Snorlax used Rest!'

Also: 'Snorlax woke up!' 'Snorlax used Snore!'

LishaKara

オレスシ。
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    Bred together a Blaziken and Salamence and got a Torkoal O___o'''

Yameneko549

Eat hammer!
    Years
    Random Plushie said:
    When I put a Mightyena and Walrein in the Day Care Center, and I got an egg. o.O For some reason it just seemed messed up. XD

Three words: Skitty and Wailord.

I think the only time I ever had a "WTF?" moment is when I got a first turn win in a 4 on 4 double battle. Dual Quakes > All

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    How about the time when a friend of mine used metronome with his snorlax (I have

absolutely no idea why he thought it metronome) and a text saying 'Snorlax flew up high'

pops up o_O, I also found it rather weird how my blaziken and zigzagoon got an egg,

come on blaziken could easily step on zigzagoon without even noticing it.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    On that little island where those rich people are (in FR and LG), on guy had his smeargle and use bounce. I was like. Wtf? How did it just fly? And then I realised it was bounce.

Years
    =3 when I you read the tv in ruby after you have one teh game ( not for lati@s )

Two men dancing on a piano keyboard

O_O wtf?!

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    When a wild pidgey uses flamethrower in Red Version. xD
    Of course, my poor little level 8 bulbasaur fainted... but it was worth it

Years
    Okay, I'll give it a shot.

I'd say making Waterfall just to get over Tohjo falls and gift hunting in Mt. Mortar and finding Lugia. And the move is okay but it doesn't do anything to help beyond the overworld part. Just thinking "why is it here if it's isn't overall useful?"

The counterpoint, Whirlpool is the Fire Spin equivalent for water so I can see the use both battle and Overworld.

Another note, when you Dive, you note how you have no diving equipment and yet you can stay there for hours without coming up to breath?

Lastly, the Juggler in the Silph Building in R/B/Y. "Team Rocket freelances? And they're circus folk?" The scientists in the Silph Building, I got, because they were traitors and being they're scientists fed into the Rockets' exploitation image via their research but the Juggler?

That was a weird surprise. Even weirder is the fact the guy packs a punch too.

Shadox

The dark one
    Years
    In silver, i was training my houndoor when Raikou appered. Normal chances, wouldn't you say.The thing is, the other day i'd been in the same grass and Raikou had appered, only i accidentaly turned of. After i caught the Raikou, Suicene appered!I already had Entei, so that made a full house!

Years
    The fact they made Ditto for R/B yet couldn't fix the fact that it glitched up the game something fierce. They couldn't wait until G/S/C with the enhanced tech to finally introduce Ditto and not screw your game up?

Back