• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moments in the games which made you go... "eh?"

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
    Years
    Dark Weezing said:
    The fact they made Ditto for R/B yet couldn't fix the fact that it glitched up the game something fierce. They couldn't wait until G/S/C with the enhanced tech to finally introduce Ditto and not screw your game up?
    What do you mean buy that?
    What sort of glitch happened?

Years
    RaikouSpecialLover said:
    What do you mean buy that?
    What sort of glitch happened?

In R/B, whenever Ditto transformed into its target using its Transform attack, the game couldn't get the conversion down so a glitch is made. Not major but just annoying as Hades as you had to restart. Obviously when they got to G/S they fixed this but still, they could have waited until the generation that could support the creature to debut it.

Years
    Finding the Safari Zone Warden's dentures. Finding someone's dirty dentures is something I didn't need to do and thanking my lucky stars that my grandmother didn't have dentures or too many bad memories would have come with this task.

Years
    The fact your human character can walk and walk forever and not get tired and need to sleep or eat. You're a camel essentially as with the few times you can sleep (the showdown at Silph, the boats).

I wish I can do that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    The first time I played Blue:

-This is your rival. ... Erm, what is his name again?

ME: Um... I have to put my name in AGAIN?!

rofl

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 17, 2008
    nicoleb said:
    What I think is weird (in both Pokemon and Zelda) is that people don't seem to mind you goin into their houses in the middle of the night. And they never seem to lock their doors, either. And where are the bedrooms? And bathrooms? O_O

LOL ditto that :O it's weird hahaha.

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    Ah.. I have come across another one..

Ever noticed how no matter how many times you defeat the Elite Four, they always talk to you like you're some random pushover they've never seen before? oO;;

Come on, man, wtf, at least make an effort to say "Hey! I remember you! You're not getting passed me so easily this time!"

What? Is that too much effort for your Elite brains?

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    - How there is only one Entei, when Entei is supppost to be born everytime a volcano erupts.

- How macho brace does not macho-fy your Pokemon graphic.

- How trainers don't compalin about their money being taken when ever they lose to a battle.

- How you lose half your cash when all your Pokemon loses.

Years
    kohei said:
    - How trainers don't compalin about their money being taken when ever they lose to a battle.

- How you lose half your cash when all your Pokemon loses.

Frankly, kohei, I'm more on what currency it's based on. Pretty sure it's based on the yen but they won't go into details despite the fact we're dealing with Japanese customs, Japanese areas and characters on a 24/7 basis, they could at least resolve the money issue finally.

So that makes me "eh" big time.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Nice, Poke Dollers.

This solves the currency problem quite nicely... even though I'll still refere to the ingame money currency to "yen", since I'm so used to it, from the days of Red/Green.

Recknin

Banned
    Years
    when u beat the elite 4 and become champion and then when u beat the elite4 again and the guy still says u are the new champion,i was like WTF

Nintendo freak

Pineapples!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 26, 2008
    I have two breeding ones. All other ones I know have basically been said. If you don't understand them, I'm not explaining.

- Ditto copies other pokemon 100%, right? And other pokemon can breed with it, probably after it copies them. Now, I'm not saying this because I'm a homophobic. I'm saying it because there's an egg... O_O

- One word. Wailord. It could breed with Skitty and other pokemon of the sort. O_O

Years
    Fine, yen it is! Pokeyen!

Anyway!

Meeting the Game Freak designers. Some of these designers and their conversations make me wish they never made the fourth wall in there.

"Hey! I designed you! How about that?"

Makes me think my character is a clone or an artificial being than a person in these games.

Too weird.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Dark Weezing said:
    Fine, yen it is! Pokeyen!

Anyway!

Meeting the Game Freak designers. Some of these designers and their conversations make me wish they never made the fourth wall in there.

"Hey! I designed you! How about that?"

Makes me think my character is a clone or an artificial being than a person in these games.

Too weird.
    When I played Green version for the first time, I really didn't know what the guy meant... I was so puzzled, and in the end, I assumed he was the ingame characters father for some odd reason.

I was like 7 years old then.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2012
    When I taught my Weepinbell Razor Leaf in Crystal. "1..2..3.. and Poo!" o.0

Also, when I was battling my rival (so aptly named Fart) in the Rocket basement and after I defeated him he has his little speech, oh why, why did I lose, and he says "I didn't ease up on the gas" Funny coincidence

Back