• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mono-Type, Generation, Duo Challenge (Yes, once again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • EDIT: Since I can't catch the first of my duo until the windworks, would it be chill if I just raised my Turtwig until then, seeing as it is part ground type, but I hate Torterra. Haha.

Okay, just make sure you have the Shellos before the 2nd gym and that's all you can use in there, too. :| Have fun? xD

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Okay, just make sure you have the Shellos before the 2nd gym and that's all you can use in there, too. :| Have fun? xD
    Alright, sounds good. Gardenia is gonna give me hell. xD I just got Turtwig tonight, but I gotta go to bed. Tomoz I'll play more though. :)

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Alright, sounds good. Gardenia is gonna give me hell. xD I just got Turtwig tonight, but I gotta go to bed. Tomoz I'll play more though. :)

XD Make sure to use Cheryl to the best. Level Shellos up ALOT while still traveling with her in Eterna forest. Hm maybe someone needs Ice beam or something XD. Hopefully I can start my challenge by tomorrow or sometime soon

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • FIRST UPDATE

Player: Fire
    Generation: I
    Type: Fire
    Duo: Ninetales and Arcanine
    Version: Diamond
    Play Time: 0:31

Okay, I'm using Generation I Fire Pokémon, specifically Ninetales and Arcanine. I got the eggs and two Firestones ready on my Pearl version, then began my adventure on Diamond. Started as the female character for a bit of variety, named her Fire, and the rival Water. Did the early game pleasentaries, picking Chimchar as my starter. Did the business with Rowan and Lucaas in the lab to retrieve my Pokédex, headed to the mart abd bought some Pokéballs. Caught three randomers and headed straight to the union room to retrieve my two eggs and the Pokémon holding the firestones. I walked around for a bit until the eggs hatched and immediately evolved them, so that they would learn moves that put them in good stead for the future. After that, I made my way back to the Sangdem Town pokémon centre to release the Pokémon that were holding firestones, gaining a few levels with Keeara along the way (the nickname I gave to Ninetales), and that's as far as I've got so far.

Lv. 4 Ninetales (Female, nickname Keeara)
    Bashful nature
    - Flamethrower
    - Energy Ball
    - Nasty Plot
    - Quick Attack

Lv. 1 Arcanine (Male, nickname Maxx)
    Impish Nature
    - Fire Fang
    - Thunder Fang
    - Bite
    - Roar

I'll periodically post updates as I do them. I'm not sure how much time I'll get to do it, but I enjoyed doing it last time so I'll do so again.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2010
    --UPDATE1--

Ok got pretty far on my first day playing.
    Started the game, named the character Ilixia and my rival Tristan. Did all the boring beginning stuff and picked Chimchar (obviously). As im not worrying about Lucario untill Iron Island I just set about training Chimchar and heading through the game. Beat Tristan outside Jublife at at somepoint along Route 203 Chimchar evolved into Monferno.
    Cauught a Machop for initial HM slave and beat Roark quite easily. Healed and saved.

Team:
    Lvl. 19 Monferno
    Bashful Nature
    -Fury Swipes
    -Leer
    -Flame Wheel
    -Mach Punch

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Since Trapinch is taken I won't participate. This is stupid! why can't we just use the pokemon we want to use!

It's a challenge, sir. This was originally made to be different than all the mono-type/pokemon/whatever challenges, and pretty much throw them together. If Trapinch/Flygon is taken for both a dragon and ground type challenge, then yes, it's knocked out. If it's taken for only one, it's still up for grabs. We wouldn't want everyone running with the same team. If you want something where it's easier to pick your team, find another challenge. Don't complain about this one.

Anyway, I'm in Eterna Forest. No fancy updates for me til later when I can get some real game time in. Off to school. Smell ya later.

BenEary

Little Rabbit
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    I wanna play!
    I'll do a third gen grass challenge.
    Breloom and Ludicolo

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • Hey Horizon um don't want to burst your bubble but um it would have been better to not evolve them straight away lol Vulpix would have learned a lot more better moves then Ninetales: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Vulpix_(Pokémon)#By_leveling_up https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ninetales_(Pokémon)#By_leveling_up

But then thats just my thoughts cause I never use non damaging moves lol

Nasty Plot on Ninetales and Fire Fang/Thunder Fang on Arcanine means evolving them straight away is the best thing to do for an in-game run anyway.

Pokemonmasterkoen

Color Trainer
    Years
  • UPDATE 1:

hello everybody I chose at the start a turtwig( is now a grotle lvl 19 named ~Forest~) and I got a budew (started lvl 5 named ~Blossom~) and now he is lvl 19 caught starly,geodude and shellos as HM Slaves(didn't train them)
    and beated Roark very easy...
    beat galactic in valley windworks. Now i'm on the way to eterna forest.
    (My character name is Pokeman and my rival name is Damion.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2010
    --UPDATE2--

From Oreburgh travelled up to Floaroma Town and the Windworks and ran Team Galactic out (Bug pokemon fail to my fire =D). Went through Eterna Forest, again making short work of the bugs and took the oppertunity of constant healing to do some training.
    Arrived in Eterna City, replaced Machop with Bidoof as HM slave and taught it Rock Smash and Cut which i picked up from Cynthia
    Then twas time for Gym 2, Monferno KO'd everything in 1 hit. After beating Gardenia taught Monferno Grass Knot and saved.

Team:
    Lvl. 30 Monferno
    Bashful Nature
    - Fury Swipes
    - Grass Knot
    - Flame Wheel
    - Mach Punch

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm just now getting ready for the 2nd gym. I want them both to be on at least 25. This will be a pushover gym, but the next one will be a pain. -.-

Obamasnow/Snover lv. 24 (Snow Warning)
    -Icy Wind
    -Grasswhistle
    -Powder Snow
    -Razor Leaf

CapriSun/Snorunt lv. 25 (Ice Body)
    -Icy Wind
    -Bite
    -Headbutt
    -Protect

Geodude - Rock Smash
    Bidoof - Cut

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Alrighty, I'm not quite done playing for tonight, but I'll post what I've done so far.
    Spoiler:

So, that's all I've done so far. I'll post another update tonight before I go to bed, probably.

EDIT: Omg, No$GBA crashed, and I hadn't saved. /slits wrists
    EDIT2: Okay, I just sharked a level 5 Shellos on Route 203, to make it a little easier.

Last edited:

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • As soon as I sort out my pokemon and get some help from my friend I'll be starting my challenge =) I'm looking forward to trying this

Silver enseron

Water type trainer.
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2020
    I am wanting in on this challenge! and since the two i want are not used yet i ma go with them!.

Player name will be Raiko.
    Gen: I
    Type: Flying
    Duo: Dragonite and Charazard ( nicknames will come in first update )
    Game: Platinum

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2010
    Um can you tell me if this has been done yet.

Generation:4
    Type:Water
    Duo:Empoleon and Bibarel
    Version: Platinum

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Um can you tell me if this has been done yet.

Generation:4
    Type:Water
    Duo:Empoleon and Bibarel
    Version: Platinum

As far as I know, that one's free, so go ahead. I really need to update that first post so that people can know what's not available. :| Can't guarantee you'll all be in order of entry. xD

As for me, I'm in Wayward Cave and it was giving me a headache, so I'll pick the game back up later. Both CapriSun (Snorunt) and Obamasnow (Snover) are on level 30. I want them to be at least 35 before the fighting gym. Trust me, they'll need it. :|

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back