• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mono-Type, Generation, Duo Challenge (Yes, once again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    Thanks Alpha!

And Sudeki, I do have two DS's. =3

One is my old, old DS that has a broken hinge that is falling off. xD
    But it still works, so I use that for my trading. Right now I am breeding Skarmory and Gligar, and plan to trade them.

Also, if you want, I could try to help you get the Pokemon you want? If you have wifi.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • I'm currently just waiting on a couple of trades then will be starting my challenge. I just wonder since my type is dragon and Trapinch is ground until it evolves at level 35 would that still be ok? I hope so otherwise its back to the drawing board

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • Thanks Alpha!

And Sudeki, I do have two DS's. =3

One is my old, old DS that has a broken hinge that is falling off. xD
    But it still works, so I use that for my trading. Right now I am breeding Skarmory and Gligar, and plan to trade them.

Also, if you want, I could try to help you get the Pokemon you want? If you have wifi.
    Yeah I got Wifi, But I would need to start a new save to be able to do this, and then I would Have nothing worth while to give you :/.
    And Yes Alpha_Spike as long as the final evolution is the type's your going for, and you evovle it as early as you can. :p

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    Sudeki, it's fine, I don't really want anything worthwhile. :)

What Pokemon do you want? I have access to anything that you can catch on Platinum.

11wildy

Me!
    Years
  • 1 last question. Can you use legendary's/Garchomp?

I'll sign up for this.

11wildy
    Generation: 3
    Type: Dragon
    Duo: Flygon and Salamence (might change to Lati@s if it's allowed)
    Version: Diamond

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Wait, you're not allowed to use a pokemon someone else is using?

That's stupid.Everyone else who does these challenges lets you.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • Wait, you're not allowed to use a pokemon someone else is using?

That's stupid.Everyone else who does these challenges lets you.
    Its not as bad at the start, but once alot of people join in, its gonna get annoying to newer people xD, (If everyones taking there favorites)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah, but....fine.

Someone's took Lucario aswell, so know what am i meant to do?Gliscor's been taken...

Guess i'll have to run with Bibarel and Clefable...

See?It just ruins it for people not being able to pick their faves!!!

I mean, the Fr/Lg monotype manages fine!(although I still haven't been credited with completing it)

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    No, just use what you want, I'm sure the owner won't mind now there are so many people.

Zan

Electric Mad!
    Years
  • then I'll use the 3th gen set-up, I'll be trading over one of my Bagons and Ill get myself a Trapinch

Allredy taken by Alpha_spike

and Amore you cant, Bibarel is gen 4 and clefable is gen 1

Plus youre not aloud to use the pokemon if some1 is allredy doing the same type and gen but if thay finsh i think thay become free agan (not shore tho)

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Rules state that your allowed to use the same pokemon so long as its not for the same type. If someone used a Lucario for steel then you can't use it for steel etc etc. Though I think if someones using something like say a gen 2 evo of something like Gligar it would be ok to use Gliscor since its not a gen 2 but that would have to be spoken over with the creator. And yes I've already stated I'll be doing gen 3 dragon using Salamence and Flygon which evolve from Trapinch and Bagon

Years
  • I didn't even read the rule that Pokemon can only be used by one person, but... Since Rock types are unpopular as hell anyways, there will probably no one care about my choices.

Update:
    So, after catching my Rhyhorn and Omanyte, I first had to get them up from level 2 and 3 to something actually decent. Omanyte only had Constrict for attacking, so this was not really fun. At level 7, it finally learned Bite. Since I have a type advantage against the most Pokemon that are common early on, I decided that was enough grinding and went to Jubilife. There, I finished some more stupid miniquests like delivering a package or getting a Pokeitch that I am not really going to use anyways... And, which is by far more important, I got the Hidden Power TM and taught it to Omanyte. When it turned out to be HP Fire, I was like "Hell Yes" (Well,actually I said "Jawohl" and not "Hell Yes", but that's pretty much the same anyways), since it covers my greatest weakness, Grass. Even before I got the TM, I already fought a Pokemon of this type, a Budew. It was only 1 or 2 levels below Rhyhorn, but it could barely 2HKO after a Growth and when it could have killed Rhyhorn, it used Growth again (it is proven again and again: the AI is stupid), so Rhyhorn could finish it off with Horn Attack. Rival fight was also not much of a problem, since I started (not even on purpose, just out of habit and because it's such a good slave) with Turtwig, so he got Chimchar. Some minutes later, i arrived at Oreburgh, clicked away some more long speeches, fought some Geodudes and then could finally challenge Roark. He was easy, since I have Omanyte. It OHKOd both the part-ground types, and Cranidos barely survived, used Leer, got a Potion, but still died that turn.

Next: Some first Team Galactic encounters, and then the dreaded Eterna City will already be getting closer.

Team:
    Spr_1b_111.png

Rhynoc / Rhyhorn m Lv.10 @ /
    Adamant Nature / Rock Head

- Horn Attack
    - Tail Whip
    - Stomp
    - /
    Very good nature, even though I would have preferred Lightningrod ability since I will not get any recoil moves anyways, but since Electrics are common in double battles and Omanyte is weak to that type, Lightningrod would have been actually useful.
    About the nickname: well, in rememberance of the good old times, I have been playing a bit of Spyro recently, and it did kind of inspire me to choose this nickname.
    Spr_1b_138.png

Necro / Omanyte m Lv.15 @ /
    Bashful Nature / Swift Swim

- Water Gun
    - Withdraw
    - Bite
    - Hidden Power Fire
    Again, the worse ability. I will not see much rain, but I definetely will suffer from critical hits. Nature is ok.
    About the nickname: Because Omanyte is dead. Simple as that.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Oh i just thought, do i need to have both pokemojn from the start, as ill have to wait to get Lucario the normal way. Can i just use Infernape till then (making it harder for myself i know)

Yeah, that's fine. Just make sure you do end with Lucario and Infernape.

As for all these replies...umm...wow. I didn't think I'd get that many hits overnight. o.o It might take me a while to add that to the list...then again, you know who you are if you're in the challenge or not. But I do need to make sure no one's running the same duo.

Also, I beat Roark on the way home today and I'm getting ready for Valley Windworks.

Obamasnow/Snover lv. 16
    -Icy Wind
    -Grasswhistle
    -Powder Snow
    -Razor Leaf

CapriSun/Snorunt lv. 16
    -Icy Wind
    -Bite
    -Double Team
    -Leer

Rules state that your allowed to use the same pokemon so long as its not for the same type. If someone used a Lucario for steel then you can't use it for steel etc etc. Though I think if someones using something like say a gen 2 evo of something like Gligar it would be ok to use Gliscor since its not a gen 2 but that would have to be spoken over with the creator. And yes I've already stated I'll be doing gen 3 dragon using Salamence and Flygon which evolve from Trapinch and Bagon

No, you would have to stick with Gligar. That's the whole point in picking a generation. Even with all the new evos, you'd have to only choose one. Gliscor was released in the 4th generation, so a gen. II flying challenge would disallow Gliscor.

No, just use what you want, I'm sure the owner won't mind now there are so many people.

There are plenty of combinations to choose from. I'm going for something I don't really like too much. 4th generation isn't my favorite, ice types are meh, and I've never used Abamosnow (I've used Froslass though). So this duo is weird to me. They work fantastically, though.

Also, thanks to all of you guys who helped explain the rules when I wasn't around. xD

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • I like this challenge to the most part lol only thing I'm not too sure about would be the limit on amount but I'm still willing to give it a try =) It should be fun. Though I must admit I'm not a big fan of Flygon or Salamence but they are the only gen in which two dragons co exist that I could find. Anyway I gotta wait on a couple of things before starting my challenge but hopefully will be able to start soon.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well, I'm online now, and since I might get grounded, PM/VM me any questions while you can. I might not get grounded, but eh. All that'll happen is my computer getting taken away. I'll still do the challenge if it is gone. I mean...what else am I supposed to do? >_>

but w8 culdent you say that you wanna run with a Dragonair and a dragonite, gen 1, thay both dragons just you wuld have to keep 1 a dragonair

Yeah, you could do that, actually. :]

Last edited:

Zan

Electric Mad!
    Years
  • but w8 culdent you say that you wanna run with a Dragonair and a dragonite, gen 1, thay both dragons just you wuld have to keep 1 a dragonair

it dosent relly bother me anyway as i have Gen 2 Chinchou and Mareep (and i dont usealy use gen 2 so thats why i desided to use them)

anyway update coming soon

Hello every one and welcome to Pika-News!
    FunnyPart-com-pikachu_mouse.jpg

Part 2 of my Mono-Gen-Duo Challenge (thats a mouth full ant it)

so from where i was i just lved up my pokemon and headed up to jublife city, delived the package to my rival (who i named Xan)
    and prtty much saved and posted here

(it wuld of been longer but i have work T_T)

Stats now are
    Chinchou
    Lv 5
    Chinchou.gif

Bubble
    Supersonic

Mareep
    Lv 6
    Spr_3e_179.gif

Tackle
    Growl

Till next time Pika-out!

Last edited:

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Alright, this sounds kewl. I don't have a DS anymore, so I'll have to run it on an emulator, is that cool? I'll be able to post screenshots that way though, too. Anyways, here we go!

TB Pro
    Generation: IV
    Type: Ground
    Duo: Mamoswine and Gastrodon
    Version: Platinum

EDIT: Since I can't catch the first of my duo until the windworks, would it be chill if I just raised my Turtwig until then, seeing as it is part ground type, but I hate Torterra. Haha.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back