• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Monotype Challenge, R/S/E Edition!

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Welcome to the R/S/E Monotype Challenge!!!

Description:
    Welcome to this version of the Monotype challenge. Some of you may be thinking, "Why isn't Darkjagwar hosting this?" Well, he will (hopefully) be doing the G/S/C Monotype challenge, and I asked for his permission (VIA PM)… out of interest from the last Monotype challenge. I hope you will enjoy this one though >.<.

Anyways, onto the ACTUAL description, this is a challenge that forces you to pick only one type of Pokemon and use it throughout the entire game. Your goal is to beat the Elite Four with your single type team. With any luck, you chose the "right" type and were able to beat them! All I have to say is Good Luck! (To those who choose the Bug type…).

Rules: Hey, what's a challenge without rules?
    -You MUST play through the whole game with a single type, dual types ARE allowed as long as they have your type in it
    -I will allow you to use your starter (if it isn't the type you chose) until you catch a pokemon of your type. After that you MUST deposit your starter, when the Pokemon you caught is at a reasonable level. EX: You catch a Surskit at L: 3. You can train it to about level 8 with the help of your starter.
    -You may Gameshark ONE pokemon in the beginning of the game if you want to, but none after that. Plus, it MUST be in the Hoenn Pokedex.
    -You may NOT Gameshark any items or other Pokemon, but I will allow you to Gameshark a TM if you waste it or if you can't find it.
    -You may trade with Ruby/Sapphire to obtain a Pokemon you want. (You are allowed to use Emerald by the way, keep that in mind).
    -You can use an emulator to play the game but remember, no cheating. We use the honor system here.
    -You may trade for evolution.
    -HM Slaves cannot be used in battle to beat a trainer/Gym leader. They CAN, however, be used to catch a low-leveled Pokemon. I will only allow them to gain one level if they do accidentally gain EXP. If they gain more than that then you must find a new HM slave.
    -Post your progress in either Bullet Form or Short Story Form, as long as you put up your team, their levels, and their moveset. (See example below)
    -You can only have one of each species on your tea, (Please, no Flygon teams…)
    -No legendary Pokemon can be used, you can CATCH them, but you can't USE them.

Types: If you are stumped on what type of Pokemon to use, I have compiled a guide that can help you choose.
    NOTE: If the Pokemon changes types (Ex: Surskit, from Bug/Water to Bug Flying), you MAY use it, but it MUST have your type in its final form… Surskit can be used on bug and water teams.
    Note: There will be no Flying type because it is not a type of its own. Also, no Ice type because there are only two.

Normal-14 [TAKEN]
    Castform, Kecleon, Girafarig, Linoone, Swellow, Slaking, Exploud, Azurill (LOL), Dodrio, Spinda, Delcatty, Swablu, Zangoose, Wigglytuff

Fire-4 (barely made it…) [TAKEN]
    Blaziken, Camerupt, Macargo, Ninetales

Water-22… [TAKEN]
    Swampert, Ludicolo, Pelipper, Surskit, Seaking, Gyarados, Azumarill, Tentacruel, Sharpedo, Wailord, Crawdaunt, Milotic, Starmie, Golduck, Kingdra/Seadra, Luvdisc, Lanturn, Relicanth, Corsola, Gorebyss, Huntail, Whiscash

Electric-7 [TAKEN]
    Manetric, Plusle, Minun, Magneton, Electrode, Lanturn, Raichu

Grass-10 [TAKEN]
    Sceptile, Ludicolo, Shiftry, Breloom, Vileplume, Bellossom, Roselia, Cacturne, Cradily, Tropius

Fighting-6 [TAKEN]
    Blaziken, Breloom, Hariyama, Machamp/Machoke, Medicham, Heracross

Poison-9 [TAKEN]
    Dustox, Crobat, Tentacruel, Vileplume, Roselia, Swalot, Weezing, Muk, Seviper

Ground-10 [TAKEN]
    Swampert, Nincada, Golem, Camerupt, Sandslash, Flygon, Whiscash, Claydol, Donphan, Rhydon

Psychic-13 [TAKEN]
    Gardevoir, Alakazam, Medicham, Grumpig, Lunatone, Solrock, Claydol, Starmie, Chimeco, Wobbuffet, Xatu, Girafarig, Metagross

Bug-11 [TAKEN]
    Beautifly, Dustox, Surskit, Masquerain, Ninjask, Shedninja, Volbeat, Illumise, Armaldo, Heracross, Pinsir

Rock-11 [TAKEN]
    Golem, Nosepass, Aggron, Macargo, Lunatone, Solrock, Cradily, Armaldo, Rhydon, Relicanth, Corsola

Ghost-4 (also, barely made it…) [TAKEN]
    Shedninja, Sableye, Banette, Dusclops

Dragon-4 (This one I WANT you to Gameshark on) [TAKEN]
    Flygon, Altaria, Salamence, Kingdra

Dark-7 [TAKEN]
    Mightyena, Shiftry, Sableye, Sharpedo, Cacturne, Crawdaunt, Absol

Steel-5 [TAKEN]
    Mawile, Aggron, Magneton, Skarmory, Metagross

Choose wisely!

Last notes:
    -Please post at least once a week because I only have this thread for about a month (unless I can convince a Mod otherwise, and that probably won't happen)
    -I want people using a Gameshark/emulator to do the Steel, Dragon, or Ghost types
    -Have fun!

Example:
    Name-Ryan
    Version-Emerald(GBA)
    -Started off with Treecko (Makes it easier when I'm in rival battles..)
    -"trained" Treecko to level 8 so I could beat May
    -Caught a Poochyena

Team:
    Poochyena L: 4
    -Tackle

Treecko (Helper... for now) L: 8
    -Pound
    -Leer
    -Absorb

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~~**
    Sign-ups ARE CLOSED!!!!
    Normal-VenomX
    Fire-~KiTsUnE
    Water-darkcookie _93
    Electric-Darkjagwar
    Grass-Phish
    Fighting-koguryo
    Poison-AluminumKnight
    Ground-spike6958
    Psychic-Blueberry
    Bug-Legendary Squirtle
    Rock-Super Wario 64
    Ghost-Adrian
    Dragon-J3
    Dark-BREAKINGBEN
    Steel-SebastienBlue

Last edited:

Darkjagwar

lollerskates now available
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    I'll do this. Sign me up for Electric plz. (emerald = volt takle for Pi/Pika/Raichu. muahahahaha!!!)

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    All right, your signed up as the electric trainer (no surprise there)!

I probably won't get the "example" post up until tomorrow, unless I can trade between my Current Emerald save file and my Sapphire one (I am gonna use my emerald cartridge). All though, I might not really need a L: 55 Blaziken or a L: 44 Manetric... hmm, oh well.

ITS UP!

Last edited:

J3

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    Im new to this website but i love pokemon could i sign up for dragon ?? plz
    oh and what do you mean( This one i want you to gameshark on ) ?
    ill be playing on an emulator

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Im new to this website but i love pokemon could i sign up for dragon ?? plz
    oh and what do you mean( This one i want you to gameshark on ) ?
    ill be playing on an emulator

I mean that I want you to use a gameshark/cheating device to put a dragon type on your team early, since the earliest IS a trapinch.

So you would put on the wild encounter cheat so that you would see a bagon and you would catch like a level. After that you would (have to) turn off the code and there you have it, a dragon type on your team early in the game. It just makes it easy for you.

Oh, and its great that you are using an emulator. You can just put in the codes under one of the menus.

J3

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    ok so only bagon correct i can only gameshark one ? or all of them or do i wait to capture them in the wild becuse the only way to get kingdra is by trading yes so how would i get aholt of him ??

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Ok, I will let you gameshark a Kingdra AFTER you trained a Seadra to about L: 35 (you can give the Kingdra the Seadra's stats, moves and nature). and I would prefer that you catch the bagon at level 5. Good Luck!

J3

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    Name:J3

Starter:Torchic
    won the first rival match caught a bagon

Team

Bagon Lv:5

Torchic Lv:8(Helper for now)

(Dragons take forever to raise : ' ( lol )

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Alright, nice to see someone else post here! Anyways, it UPDATE TIME!?!?!?

-Trained my Poochyena to L: 11
    -Caught a Seedot and am in the process of training it to about L: 13
    -Beat the two of the three trainers on route 102

Team:
    Poochyena L: 11
    -Tackle
    -Howl
    -Sand-Attack

Seedot L: 7
    -Bide
    -Harden
    -Growth

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    This sounds like it could be fun, i'll take Ground type's and i'll be playing on Emerald.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Alright, you're all signed up :).

I will post my update when I get my Seedot to a formidable level >.<. (Hard to train)

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Name-Spike
    Version-Emerald(GBA)
    TeamType-Ground
    -Picked Mudkip as starter (nicknamed Kipper)
    -Trained Kipper to Lv7 on Route 101
    -Saved Game at Oldale Town Pokemon Center (where i live it's now 20 past 3 in the morning and i wanna get some sleep)

Back