• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Monotype Challenge-- Red/Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

i stoped playing after crystal

omg i put something origional!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    @shiny-pichu...realy...huh...well then im gonna get my mankys frikin HIGH b4 surge. dude, get a mew they can learn everything.

diddent play 2day, xbox called me.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Just beat Misty and now I'm about to be on a boat!

Monotype Challenge-- Red/Blue

Zoom / Ivysaur lv. 23
    - Tackle
    - Poison Power
    - Leech Seed
    - Vine Whip

Probably going to end up being quite annoying with Leech Seed + Poison Powder. Don't know if I'll evolve it; I hate Venusaur.

Goupille / Nidorino lv. 22
    - Leer
    - Bubblebeam
    - Horn Attack
    - Poison Sting

Definite MVP of the team so far. Gonna go old school and make Nidoking an all out offensive Pokemon. He's got a good special stat too, which will later come in handy for a Fire type move.

Batte / Zubat lv. 20
    - Leech Life
    - Supersonic
    - Bite

Didn't think I would keep him, but he's kicking arse. So he's stickin' around.

Charmer / Ekans lv. 20
    - Leer
    - Wrap
    - Bite
    - Poison Sting

Wasn't sure about this guy either, but he's grown on me. Yayayayay.

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
    @ i stopped playing after crystal: How do u get mew???

Reached Lavender Town, used name rater to nickname weepinbell ot is now called WEEPSPROUT

Went to Celadon City and bought a leaf stone, used it on WEEPSPROUT and it evolved into a VICTREEBEL

Last edited:

PokemonRockstar

old skool
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 19, 2012

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    @shiny-pichu
    2 ways i know of, one is a glitch that i havent tried, the other is with a game shark, at first the mew will look all glitched but once u capture it its normal. im pretty sure we can use a gameshark to get mew?look up the codes online, bescides on the first page the person says we can use mew and those r the only 2 known ways to get it...

levelin up my mankys into primeapes. got a farfetched for cut, training.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Just beat Lt. Surge. I'll go through Rock Tunnel later; I'm SRing for a shiny Treecko right now, so I'm kinda tired of multitasking. Yes, I realize I'm a bit underleveled for this point in the game. It bugs me.

Zoom / Ivysaur lv. 27
    - Cut
    - Poison Powder
    - Leech Seed
    - Vine Whip

Goupille / Nidorino lv. 27
    - Leer
    - Bubblebeam
    - Horn Attack
    - Poison Sting

Charmer / Arbok lv. 25
    - Wrap
    - Leer
    - Poison Sting
    - Bite

Batte / Golbat lv. 25
    - Leech Life
    - Supersonic
    - Bite
    - Confuse Ray

He actually ended up beating Surge's Raichu. Hohoho.

Last edited:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    ok well as you all know im NOT a writer so ill make this short sweet and um...not sure what the limits on this site are about saying inapropriot things...so whatever.um i got cut then went and got flah then went in rock cave or whatever even though it was black because i wanted a machop. i leveled up all my pkmn so yeah then i kicked LT.SURGE's ass. here they r...

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
    Oh yeah I tried that gameshark one before, when I saw we could have mew, that is what made that strange trainer appear just before my game glitched up and crashed. I really ought to play this game again lol, havent been on it for about 3 days, could have finished it by now lol.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    wow guys, i come back after a long break and still nobody has joined me and GoldenPokeBall on the champion board. Or Platinum just hasn't updated it. Nevertheless I'm going to finish the flying challenge as soon as I'm done with this Ultimate Water Monotype Challenge. So probably next week at the latest.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    wow guys, i come back after a long break and still nobody has joined me and GoldenPokeBall on the champion board. Or Platinum just hasn't updated it.

actualy i beat it with bug types, the person just hasent updated it yet.

ok so i nicknamed my pokemon, and then i got a hitmonlee who i named after my hero bruce lee. i beat giovani and got the silph scope, i hope the video will work...

https://yfrog.us/iygiovaniz

i beat erika, givani again, getting levels up, and got a poiwag

i just beat sabrina

lvl.33 polywrath
    2 lvl.42 primeapes
    lvl.42 hitmonlee
    lvl.41 machoke
    mew hm slave

Last edited:

TheBlackRose

Pikachus and Apples
    Years
    I don't think it's ever too late to join in on some good ole fashion Gaming.

And with all due honesty I've owned Blue since I was Nine and haven't beat it (Although I've beat Yellow a couple of times). So I'll get started on blue, Unfortunately, I'll be using an Emu since I've seemed to misplace my copy (Which I literally saw three days ago).

Since I've yet to actually train a Water Pokemon in the first Generation, I will partake in the challenge using the Water dwellers (Plus, it fits the game title LOL)

I'll also be keeping up to date by inserting 'Journal Entries' -- I liked how a few posters made entries like that, so all credit goes to them for the style.

I'll crack out the pen, bedroll and Squirtle Snacks and get started, Never too early to join in community activities!

Edit:

Nick's Journal

Day 1: Today I received my Pokemon from Professor Oak. Naturally my Rival, Jack had to choose the Bulbasaur which I learned afterward that was my little friend; Vatn's weakness. My new pal and I gave our wishes to my Mother before heading into the tall grass, I knew it'd be a while before I saw her again. we ventured through Route 1, which I stayed for a while to get the hang of combat, by the end, Vatn was pumped beyond belief. Once hitting Viridian a took a stroll through town, visiting the folk, the empty gym and resting at the Center. The Market Manager greeted me asking me to deliver to Oak, I wasn't much of a delivery boy but, I would make it to greatness even if it was one Parcel at a time. I went to Oak, gave him his package and in turn he wanted me to help his research with this device called a 'Poke'dex' I've never been the type to turn down that which is given to me.

Day 2: After going back to Viridian city, I head north, past where earlier I met an unreasonably cranky man the day before and went straight through route 2, away I went into Viridian forest -- Bad Move. I didn't think about bringing antidotes with me, After battling every trainer I ran across, Vatn encountered a Weedle stinger one too many times and had been poisoned, Sometimes Luck can literally be right around the corner, where I found an antidote -- Normally I wouldn't write down something such as this but when luck such as this smiles, someone's gotta say something. I took Vatn to the patch of wild grass right before Pewter city, and trained til sunset - Which after a very brief rest I head straight to Brock; This would be easy. Vatn tore through their thick rigid skin like paper. Brock stood not even a chance, however a growing shadow in my mind says times ahead would be much more brutal, only to be shown even more difficult afterward.

(I chose a style that wasn't a replicate of anybody else but however a mix and added a bit of my own like a mix between a story and a first person roleplay. I made sure not to go on too long.)

Last edited:

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
    I'm going to have to step out of the challange after my GBA SP had to slip out of my knee making my file reset itself (even though I've spent a lot of time on it). Henceforoth, I am no longer going to update my file (as I aren't going back to do it).

TheBlackRose

Pikachus and Apples
    Years
    The incredible (And somewhat redundant) Adventures of Our young Hero continue!

Day 3: Literally just after I had set from Pewter city, My young pal had matured after a single combatant, his second form was more powerful but a small part of me missed him, who I had only just obtained days earlier. He weaved through challenges, crushing them each one growing in power after the other. After a long walk, I could see that I had another task directly ahead -- Mt. Moon. I went to take my rest in the ever-so conveniently placed Center when I was approached by what seemed like a salesman, His selling pitch 'A fabulous Pokemon for your Journeys!' of course my curiousty obtained the best of me, and I bought the critter. I named his Nuwee (Noo-Wee) he could use this wondrous technique without my help even, he could splash in puddles. This will be fun.

Day 4: Immediately the new morning I head into Mt. Moon, No idea why it's named that but I'm not one to judge with an over-grown fish stick in my pocket. I tried the Magikarp in the first battle I came across, He didn't have a chance -- But I wasn't giving up, I knew I'd need to give him a chance or even let him stay out through battles, each and every one. I encountered a strange group which were fairly proud of their name 'Team Rocket!' I heard many times -- It's not like anyone else was too indulged in the space age tech. By the end of Mt. Moon I was in a patch of grass, I stayed there too, only to take my little friends to the center occasionally when they couldn't handle much more. The end of the day my dedication paid off, Nuwee not only learned how to physically attack, he transformed into a beyond powerful beast.

Day 5: I had slept nearby the city, Cerulean which I had finally gone into. Not for long however, I head north and encountered my Rival, Jack. Nuwee tore through him, and many more of my opponents without much problem. I finally came upon the all much talked of, Bill. It seemed he had done an experiment that had gone way beyond south -- which we fixed with no problem, he gifted me a ticket, This will be useful. I went back to town, and challenged the local Gym leader Misty. She had Pokemon that were in their form; Dazzling. And she certainly put up a defensive wall which Nuwee and Vatn took head on without fail. Everything's falling together.

(
    The character I am portraying is not me, it's simply to make an at least decent read. This is ok, right?)

Edit/Addition

Day 6:
    After Misty, things seem to be sewing themselves, We were the fish growing in a big Pokemon sea -- Don't you just love puns? I head to route 5 encountering a Rocket Member along the way yet again, these guys are everywhere. I went through the underground pass, it seemed shorter then it looked. I passed through route 6 battling as I went, I was Vermillion before I even knew it -- I felt like I was going too fast. I was ready for the gym but first, I felt like a Cruise. I flashed my ticket and they gave me access to the S.S. Anne, beautiful she was I'd have to admit. I went from Cabin to Cabin training every step of the way I was making good time, heading to the captain I ran into Jack yet again, he bragged about his obtained list of Pokemon -- This means nothing if you can't care and keep the one's ready that need to be, Beating him with Nuwee twice in a row proved I was training and caring for them properly. Afterward I head for the captain's room since I was told he could teach me a move I needed. Sick as a dog, I helped him to his feet -- He was more then happy to show me what I needed. The day was up and the ship wouldn't leave til' mourning, what's the harm of staying in an empty cabin?

Day 7: I head from the ship, watching as it departed, the occupants waving. It was time for my hardest challenge by far. I head for the gym, the local students proved little challenge, the leader, Lt. Surge proved otherwise. He provided more then enough challenge, he sent well placed Electric techniques. Both Vatn and Nuwee were seeing stars but not fainting completely, by the end of the battle. The leader grudgingly gave me the third badge to my set. It was time I stayed for a break, Adventure can wait until tomorrow.

Second Edit/Addition: (I'm sorry if I'm doing it too often, I'm just getting SO into playing Blue, Also this will be a Three to Four day Journal update)

Day 8: I head back to Cerulean today, at first I was lost as of where to stop next, The Pokemon sleeping on the intersection of Route 12 was blocking the way, and nothing could wake this guy. Before heading I trained a little in the local Diglett Cave to get my friends to top strength. Once in cerulean I head west using a newly obtained HM and cut my way through the brush. I ran into countless trainers along the way before running into Rock Tunnel, the Locals called it Dark Cave -- No wonder. I couldn't see anything with a light source. I sped through the thing, I didn't wanna be stuck here when the Zubats had the advantage where I can't see. Near the end of the day I was in Lavender Town, I wasn't sure where to head next so I visited the locals and asked around -- A man had gone missing. Looks like I had a late night Adventure on my hands. After nightfall I went to the local tower in search of answers, The only thing I found were Ghosts and crazed women after Souls, Blood and the occasional random mumbling. I couldn't access the top floor, Nothing blocked me way, I just ran like a very scared toddler from the biggest Ghost in town, I'm not going back there for a while. I asked around town about the situation, it seems I need a silph Scope, and there was rumors of a Team stealing it and heading west to Celadon -- I'll go there after I sleep in for the day.

Day 9: After I slept in, I head west to Celadon, encountering many Trainers along the way as I did any other occasion. I took the underground path and arose just east of Celadom. I entered the city again questioning the residents, stupid Grunts spill secrets like Milk. But before heading to the said location I remember being told of young Pokemon in need of a home, of course I would go and see the little thing. An Eevee, I heard of these things, it was adorable -- he didn't want anything for it, he just told me to grab it and go. I did so, I named him Voda. Voda and I head to the market to get a special stone for water of course. It would make him much healthier and made him less likely yo suffer damages in battle, Vaporeon was even more adorable. I head to the Gambler's corner and fought a Grunt to find a passage beneath the building. I went in and did what I did best -- Picked up random objects and took out anyone I thought was in my way, Of course I kept my medicines stocked, Voda was having his turn in learning the way of combat, he did greater then one could imagine. By the end I encountered a man named Giovanni -- He was tougher then the rest, but Voda proved his spot to the team -- Welcome to the group.

Day 10: I had obtained my Silph Scope from the table near where Giovanni the day before. Let's go to the tower. Later the day I had came back to Lavender's Tower and went through the floors, all the scary ghost had melted to weak enemies. The scary ghost at the end was a Marrowak, what would of been a scary beast, was now just a powerful one. After I defeated her, her spirit departed -- Ghosts will always confuse me. I rescued the captured man at the tip of the tower from the few weak grunts. For my service I was given a Flute, well, at least I have music.

Day 11: I could finally face the Gym leader. Voda could show me what he was truly capable of. The entire Gym was filled with nothing but female trainers -- I like this Gym. Her friends proved little effort with proper Medicinal products on hand, Erika however pushed me and my Pokemon to the limits. She wasn't into complete power, but using complete power with annoying tactics that sadly worked. I used much of my pack in combat, and so did she. Every one of her Pokemon better then the last -- And more annoying. By the end of the battle, Voda was as tired as he could get short of losing all strength. My fourth badge, Time for the guys to relax; I wonder if the Hotel and market are open today.

My Team

Blastoise/Vatn - Level 36 (Forgot to include him on my already lengthy Journal)
    -Withdraw
    -Bite
    -Bubble
    -Watergun

Gyaradose/Nuwee - Level 37
    -Leer
    -Tackle
    -Bite
    -Dragon Rage

Vaporeon/Voda - Level 34
    -Body Slam
    -Watergun
    -Double Team
    -Quick Attack

(I may include pictures in my next post/Edit since I can post Picture now :D)

Last edited:

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    I'm using blue version and I choose water types!
    Might do the same thing, if I find the time. Just trying to think up the opportune team type-wise. I'll need to check again where you get the rods, because without those the Pokemon are very limited.

TheBlackRose

Pikachus and Apples
    Years
    Might do the same thing, if I find the time. Just trying to think up the opportune team type-wise. I'll need to check again where you get the rods, because without those the Pokemon are very limited.

Tell me about it, I have four Pokemon and even these were given/bought. It provides an excellent challenge -- if it wasn't for the fact one of the starters were water -- I'd say it's one of the hardest.

NOW BACK THE GLORIOUS ADVENTURES OF OUR HERO!

Day 12: They're just like Weeds, except worse. Team Rocket springs up in every crack in the cement. Looks like I have some Pressure washing to do (Puns Equal Win). I went to Silph Co as it was called, another confusing puzzle that this world seems to adore, I went from Grunts, to scientists, to transportation pads in the construct, what seemed like hours I spun around the place. Finally. I found the card key -- This would be a lot easier. After going through the correct path -- When I encountered Jack, It's like he knows what I'm doing and where. Voda made short work of Gary, I loved this Pokemon, Gary told me about a Boss -- Great. Before heading to the top I encountered a Scientist who insisted on me taking his lab pet. Lapras was what it was called -- it was no way near fighting condition, but it was beyond friendly and how could on resist it's face? The Boss would help with getting him to good shape. Giovanni -- Again? Trying to involve my now new Lapras which I named Hydro in combat if made it more difficult, but in the end I was Victorious. Saffron was purged of the seemingly annoying grunts. Gym Number Five; here I come.

Day 13: I went west of Celadon and passed through Routes 16, 17 and 18. I encountered countless amounts of bikers who talked like they were cool, but couldn't even care properly for their friends. I made it to Fushcia City. I took half the day to kind of just relax, I ventured through the Safari zone, got it's prize and head back for a small cat nap. Afterward I went straight to the Gym, Poison was a severe annoyance. His Students certainly proved their worth, I spent a fortune on Antidotes. Once I made it to Koga, it would actually be easier. I taught Vatn before hand a technique called Earthquake -- Great timing too. Vatn had almost shook the building apart, along with Koga's Team. That was easy -- Why do I feel like the Sixth Gym will be harder then the rest.

My Team:

Blastoise/Vatn - Level 42

• Skull Bash
    • Bite
    • Earthquake
    • Watergun
    Gyarados/Nuwee - Level 42

• Hydro Pump
    • Surf
    • Bite
    • Dragon Rage
    Vaporeon/Voda - Level 42

• Body Slam
    • Watergun
    • Double Team
    • Bite
    Lapras/Hydro - Level 30 (Currently in training)

• Body Slam
    • Surf
    • Sing
    • Mist

I guess tonight I'll look up how to add little pictures/sprites + Screenshots :D

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
    Sorry guys, with my extended periods of absence there is no way that I'll be able to keep maintaing this thread. I'd like to turn the operations of the thread over to Myrrhman: if you want to make a new thread for this and just copy/paste the info in the first post, that will be fine. Sydian is it possible to change a thread's owner? If so, can you do that to this one?

Thanks for understanding,
    -PlatniumPiano

(Myrrhman if you don't want to run the thread, turn it over to someone you want in charge. Good luck all!)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back