• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    Continuing Before Bugsy
    -Withdraws Togepi Remmembering he Evolves into Fly type
    -Trains Togepi
    -Beats Bugsy
    -Does the Farfethched thing
    -Gets Cut
    -Beats alot of Route 34 Trainers
    -Obtain Kenya (the spearow) is it cheating if I dont deliver it
    -saved

Train rides by

current challenge:bug monotype
    Years
  • update #2 bugs rock
    • finished training​
    • went to olivine where him told me that jasmine isnt there​
    • went to the lighthouse to see some sights​
    • was assualted by random trainers​
    • finally got to the top​
    • found jasmine​
    • went to cyanwood city​
    • got secrect potion​
    • beat chuck with scyther​
    • went over to suscunie​
    • got assualted by the stalker​
    • surfed back to olivine​
    • talked to jasmine​
    • she told me she'd be at the gym​
    • went to the gym​
    • beat her with heracross and parasect​

team

scyther @nothing lv.40
    swarm
    agillity
    pursuit
    razor wind
    wing attack

yanmega @nothing lv.40
    tinted lens
    hypnosis
    slash
    u turn
    ancient power

parasect @nothing lv.40
    effect spore
    spore
    giga drain
    growth
    slash

ariados @nothing lv.40
    swarm
    spider web
    leech life
    sucker punch
    shadow sneak

heracross @nothing lv.40
    guts
    close combat
    horn attack
    aerial ace
    endure

hmslave:tododile​

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    Gratz on Yanmega Train rides by. Yanma is a nasty little bugger to get (no pun intended). Also good luck to all the new challengers :)

EJ, could you sign me up for a Electric Challenge? I feel in the mood to use a Manetric...

Username: Corruptodile
    Type: Electric
    Version: Soul Silver

So it's all offical and everything.

Archaon

Lord of the End Times
    Years
  • Update number...whatever:
    To be aible to defeat the Kimono Girls I trained on Route 45. While I was searching for the last remaining trainers I was luckily able to catch a Skarmory. It replaced Delibird and in the end I must say that I absolutely DON'T regret this.
    After about ten hours of training (or at least I felt so) my team was finally ready to challenge the Eeveelutions. And this time they where victorious.
    With regrown confidence I prepared to enter the Elite Four. But first I had to encounter Lugia. I wasn't able to catch it (I'm not allowed to use it anyways) so I defeated it.
    But now my time has come.
    After a few battles, including one against my rival, I finally entered the E4.
    Though it was very tough each time, I managed to defeat one after another.
    Until Lence...
    Gyarados and Aerodactyl fainted, but his first Dragonite was a wall I were not able to climb. It OHKOed everyone of my team with his Thunder.
    Damn...
    Okay, let's train again.
    I defeated tons of wild Pokemon and every trainer who wanted a rematch and finally I reentered the E4.
    This time it was a bit easier.
    I reached Lence with only three revives used.
    His Gyarados defeated my Jumpluff but got poisoned and Leech Seeded. With this it was no threat to my own Gyarados.
    His Aerodactyl was defeated easily by two Steel Wings of my Skarmory.
    Charizard fainted after two Surf of Gyarados. And then they came... Three Dragonites.
    But...Gyarados was faster this time.
    It OHKOed his two level 49 Dragonites with his Ice Fang.
    The last one survived one, but his Thunder missed and Gyarados defeated it.
    That means...I defeated the E4.

My team:
    Pidgeot level 51:
    Twister
    Roost
    Wing Attack
    Quick Attack

Gyarados level 52:
    Bite
    Surfer
    Ice Fang
    Dragon Rush

Jumpluff levle 50:
    Bounce
    Giga Drain
    Leech Seed
    Poison Powder

Butterfree level 51:
    Shadow Ball
    Silver Wind
    Bug Buzz
    Psybeam

Skarmory level 50:
    Flying
    Steel Wing
    Slash
    Night Slash

Croconaw level 18:
    Strength
    Waterfall
    Whirlpool
    Rock Smash

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Stuff happens.

• Went to beat Whitney. It was easy with Scizor's Vacuum Wave.
    • Got the SquirtBottle, fainted sudowoodo, etc.
    • Got to Ecruteak and mey up with Eusine and Morty (his new outfit is lame DDDD: ).
    • Beat Rivalman.
    • Beat Morty.
    • Headed to Cianwood and realized that I would need to find a Skarmory soon.
    • Told myself that I would teach Fly to the random weak Spearow in my party and eventually replace it with a Skarmory.
    • Demanded Chuck look at me.
    • Beat Chuck after a long, hard battle.
    • Claimed Fly from the random lady who I assume is Chuck's wife or something.
    • Taught Fly to Kenya, flew to Goldenrod, and prepared a Skarmory for transfer.
    • Went into a patch of grass south of Goldenrod, looking for a Drowzee or something, AND FOUND ******* ENTEI.
    • Entei fled. >C
    • Decided to trade Scyther egg for Skarmory.
    • Skarmory egg get!
    • Hatched and raised Skarmory.
    • Finished with Skarmory, finally ditched Kenya the Fly slave.
    • Healed Amphy the Aptly-Named. Yaaay.
    • Fought Jasmine and lost.
    • Began training, hopefully to get everyone to at least level 30 and maybe even evolve Duke Devlin to Empoleon.
    • Training...

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I'll update the list once I get on my laptop.

'til then, just wait =]

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    -Delivered Kenya
    -Obtains old Amber and Cheers
    -Notice i wont use it until Kanto
    -Catch drowzee and trade for Machop (HM Slave)
    -In game Corner tring to get Draniti (evolves to fly)
    TEAM
    Pidegeyotto- 25
    Butterfree- 21
    Spearow- 19
    Zubat-19
    Togepi-15
    Machop(hm slave)-10

-Obtain Draniti (YES)
    -Spearow evolves
    -Train Togepi
    -Train Pidgeyotto
    -Train Everyone
    -Go to Route 35 Beat Trainers for more Training
    -Catch Yanma im the swarrm
    -Train Yanma
    -Go back to Goldenrod
    -Own Whitney
    -Go to bug catching contest
    -CATCH SCYTHER
    -saved
    My team
    Pidgeyotto-26
    Butterfree-23
    Fearow-22
    Zubat-21
    Togepi-17
    Scyther-29

Last edited:

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Short update, sorry.

• Caught a Magnemite! =D
    • Found Entei again... instead of tossing a Pokéball, I just Surfed him for later.
    • Beat Jasmine with only Duke Devlin. Torrent FTW! WHO'S THE BETTER STEEL TRAINER NOW, HUH, JASMINE? HUH??? C<
    • Flew to Ecruteak (best city in Johto BTW) to get to Mahogany.
    • Stupid hiker. Grey doesn't cry... but I don't mind that HM, either. Heheh.
    • Oooo, Shadow Claw. Taught it to Duke Devlin.
    • Fainted Red Gyara.
    • Met the strange man who is definitely not Lance. >:I
    • Agreed to help the man who is most definitely not Lance.
    • Shoved that for later and decided to train Magnemite instead.

Last edited:

Train rides by

current challenge:bug monotype
    Years
  • Beat gyrados
    went to help lance
    found secret hide out
    got password s
    found pretivani
    beat pretivani
    murckrow said password
    inpspected generator room
    Ariana wanted to 2v1 me
    lance came
    we beat them
    beat pyrce
    saved

G3RM

Trainer
    Years
  • Update 1#

Update 1:

• Begin game with Cyndaquil
    • Ran Errand
    • Got Apricorn Case
    • Went to Bellsprout Tower
    • Owned Bell Sprout Tower
    • Beat Falkner on second try
    • Travel down
    • Come to Slowpoke Well
    • Beat Slowpoke Well
    • Caught Slowpoke
    • Evolve to Slowking
    • Trained to level 16
    • Lose to Bugsy
    • Train to level 22
    • Beat Bugsy on second try

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • I have 2 things to say.
    First, you haven't add my Flying challenge to the Champion.
    Second, I'm starting a mono-steel challenge.
    I can trade 3 eggs, so I will transfer an Aron, a Piplup and a Mawile.

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Well I did ask anybody who hasn't been added to pm/vm me for reminders a while back ago. It's not my fault I'm busy...

Mew396

World Champion Trainer!
    Years
  • Final Dragon Type Update

Since I haven't been able to use my computer lately I went on ahead and played through the remainder of the game and since I'm pretty tired this will really lack detail.

• Started in Vermilion City where I challenged and defeated Lt. Surge for my 9th Badge
    • Went North to Saffron and defeated Sabrina for my 10th badge
    • went west to Celadon where I earned my 11th badge from Erika
    • After that I solved the power plant problem and got back the missing machine part from the last Team Rocket Grunt in the game
    • Found Misty and defeated her for my 12th badge
    • Headed down to Fuchsia City and easily beat the gym leader, Janine, earning my 13th badge
    • Made my way through the Digglett Tunnel and into Pewter City where I earned my 14th badge from Brock
    • Got the Rainbow Wing and captured Ho-Oh!
    • Returned to Kanto and surfed to Cinnabar Island and found Blaine's secret gym where I received my 15th badge
    • Met the final gym leader, Blue, on Cinnabar Island and then followed him back to his gym where I barely beat him to earn my 16th and final badge
    • Got a call from Prof. Oak telling me to come back to his lab and once I got there I received HM08 Rock Climb and the ability to go into Mt. Silver
    • Before heading to Mt. Silver I rechallenged the E4 and slipped past Lance once again making the Johto champ
    • Now with only one thing to do I scaled Mt. Silver, but when I reached the top........

• VS PKMN Trainer Red, The Final Fight! He starts with his lv 88 Pikachu who goes down with no problem to my Garchomp's Dig attack but unfortunately, Garchomp gets KO'd in an attempt to defeat Red's Lapras. Since Garchomp had did about 1/2 damage on Lapras it easily went down to my Salamence. Next up was Snorlax who I didn't expect to use a Blizzard attack which KO'd my Salamence after Salamence managed to deal a good deal of damage to it. But, to make this long story short, Red and I went back and forth in this brutal battle until only two Pokemon were left standing.
    • Flygon vs Venusaur, My last hope! I knew Flygon wasn't my most powerful Pokemon but I knew Venusaur wasn't his most powerful so I begin this last part of the battle with a Dragon Claw attack which did a little less than half damage. Vensuar went with Giga Drain which really made a huge impact on Flygon's health. I knew at this point I had to go with Flygon's arthquake attack. I knew it wouldn't knock it out but it would do more damage than dragon claw. But, after a whole game full of misfortune for my dragon team, Earthquake landed with a critical hit! It still wasn't enough to finish Venusaur in one hit but it put it's health in the red zone. With no full restores left Venusaur uses Giga Drain once again but it is not enough to finish Flygon as my Flygon finishes Venusaur with one last Earthquake attack.

Red is Defeated!

This challenge was definitely one of the hardest things I've ever done in a video game, especially considering how hard dragons are to raise.

I plan on doing one last HG/SS monotype challange with electric type Pokemon and this last one will have much more details than this one did.

Name:Mew396
    Type: Dark
    Game:Soul Silver

Last edited:

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
    Years
  • A small update on my Poison challenge;

• Started off where I previously left off, at Pryce's Gym. I was easily able to take him down; spamming Sucker Punch and Thunderbolt.
    • Earned my Glacier Badge!
    • Bought a RageCandyBar then was thoroughly offended when that man wouldn't let me pass! Out of the kindness of my heart, I wasted my precious money on those crappy candy bars!
    • Decided he wasn't going to let me pass until the Team Rocket Radio Tower event was taken care of.
    • Flew to Goldenrod City. Headed to the underground basement where I proceeded to make fun of that grunt's silly pink hair.
    • I was then stripped down and forced into those icky black clothes. I then proceeded to harass the citizens of Goldenrod City. Ceri roared at me again after I tried taking her item like the ebil Team Rawrkit member I was.
    • I decided I was only wasting my time and quickly proceeded to take care of the little Radio Tower. Proton and Ariana fell before my hands. Archer burned my Ceri... literally. I managed to win with a last minute Sucker Punch courtesy of my wounded pseudo-arachnid.
    • Accepted the Silver Wing from the Director. Made my way down to the Ice Cave; easily made my way through it and shoved that silly Kimono Girl off the ice.
    • Proceeded to Blackthorn City and completed a few last minute training sessions with my team in preparation for Clair.
    • Challenged her Gym. Beat her little posse, but, the first round went horribly! Her Gyarados knocked out three of my five beloved partners. My Gengar managed to take it down. I used a Max Revive on my Crobat, sacrificing my Gengar in return. After several rounds of Toxic and the Shedding of the Skin, I took her two Dragoniars' down. Finally came the bane of my existance.. that damned Kingdra. After much cursing and violent urges to cry like a baby, I beat it by letting Toxic take effect and using literally every healing item I had.
    • Beat the Kimono Girls. Caught Lugia and put it in the box. Made my way to the Victory Road entrance.
    • Saved before Rival battle.

Here's a small update for the levels of my team; yes, I don't train Ceri that much. She just walks around with me. <3

Spoiler:

EDIT: I'm sorry.. I've just got to say this.

lance came

I bet he did.

Last edited:

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    EDIT: I'm sorry.. I've just got to say this.

I bet he did.

xD. Made my day. Side note, get your Enigma Stone HG/SS event guys.

First entry. Forgive me for this name and future names if they be bad.
    We're on the road again...

What is this...a dream? Yes...it must be. Who is this? I know this person...Professor Oak? That's your name? Ok. Such a cute Pokémon...it appears to be a Marill...my name? I'm called Joseph, professor. Ready? Ready for what? The world of Pokémon? Wait...I have questions!

I awoke to find myself in my bedroom. What a weird dream I had. There was this man, who said he was Professor Oak. The only professor I know is professor Elm who lives in the same town as me. New Bark town. Ooh, my bad. I haven't introduced myself to you have I? I'm Joseph, and I'm pretty keen on Electric Pokémon. They rock. I'm going to become a Electric Pokémon master one day. Heh, a boy can dream. I went downstairs to get some breakfast (at 16:30 too!). My mum comments on my lateness, and said my lady friend Lyra was around playing with her Marill. Cool, cool. I'm shocked that Professor Elm wants me, but nevertheless, I accept. I get all my stuff from Mum and set off to Elm's lab.

Upon leaving the door, a Marill wandered past, later found out to belong to Lyra. Who blanked me. I am disappoint. Anyway, I go to Elm's. Well would have. There was a red haired boy looking into the lab. I asked him what he was doing, curious to find out. However, he pushed me away. No-one but Elm wants me today...

I entered the lab and was happily greeted by Elm, who gave me a grand speech on how Pokémon used to be allowed outside of Pokéballs. Halfway through this speech, he gets an email from a Mr. Pokémon, whoever he is. Apparently, he's got a discovery and Elm wants me to check it out. I'm not given a choice in the matter. HOWEVER, I do get my very first Pokémon! Out of the three presented to me, I choose Cyndaquil and give him a nickname, Kilauea, in reference to the most active volcano on Hawaii. Whilst trying to leave, I get stopped by Elm's assistant, who gives me some potions.

After leaving Lyra, my lady friend if you recall, finally acknowledges my existance, and comments on my Pokémon calling the flaming mouse, 'cute'. Meh. Could have been worse.She suggests I go tell my mum where I'm going. What am I, five? I tell her, no. Quite bluntly. When she leaves though I go back home. Don't tell anyone about this. Mum let's me go off into the big wide world, so all is good. She also gives me my Pokégear. Excellant. I walk out and of to do the errand, yet Elm stops me from doing this. He wants to trade phone numbers. Sorry Elm, but I only think of Lyra that way. My sweet, beautiful Lyra...he walks off regardless, letting me go out onto Route 29. Finally!

Moments after setting foot into the grass, Pokémon start to attack my feet. Kilauea manages to defeat them all, learning how to create a screen of smoke in the process. Impressed by Kilauea, I decided on mastering Fire Pokémon after I conquer Electric Pokémon. After swatting off swarms of Pokémon (no pun intended), me and my new buddy arrived at Cherrygrove City.

Cherrygrove seemed like a holiday destination more than anything, though that may be because, I never really set foot outside New Bark Town. Moments after I entered, an old man offered to show me important buildings. So he runs off, and I'm walking behind, and he notices and slows down. Yes. I command you. After the little tour he gives me his sweaty shoes. Or so I thought. He gives me a brand new pair instead. I then run, not walk, run into the Pokécenter and heal Kilauea up.

When I left Cherrygove onto Route 30, the old man stopped me again, this time to give me a map. Thank you very much! Hmm. It appears I need to go north from where I am. I thank him when he wishes me luck on my Journey. Once again, entering the grass summons Pokémon, though Kilauea is a little bit stronger this time round, and kill's things easier. However, Weedle cut's Kilauea life span short by poisoning him! I find a stray Potion, so all is not lost. Luckily though, Kilauea survives the poison. There was a nice looking house that I intended to steal from visit. This guy appreciated moi visiting him, and promptly gave me an Apricorn box. Not sure if I need it or not, but hey, "the best things in life are free". I continue my avid trek onto Mr. Pokémon's house. I find an Antidote on the way, and thinking back to when Kilauea was poisoned though...'thanks'. Walking past the epic battle between a Pidgey and Rattata, I arrived at Mr. Pokémon's house.

Mr. Pokémon is surprised to see me, you think Elm would have set an email back. Apparently not. Regardless, Mr. Pokémon gives me a Mystery Egg. He offer's to let me rest at his house, and I accept. There is another guy...wait isn't he...

My name is Professor Oak. However, everyone calls me the Pokémon Professor.

He is! He's the guy that sabotaged my dream! He stalked me after that dream, somehow knowing I was on an errand run. He better have some sort of apology ready before my fists meet his f...what's this? A Pokédex? I'll let you live. Then he gives me his number. He fled after I took a swing at him.

I exited Mr. Pokémon's house, who said something bad had happened, requesting I came back immediately. Well screw you Elm. I'm just chilling here for now. I'll come when I feel like it.

Saved game.
    I have a strange feeling Ęℓαчиıı will make some sort of crude joke about the last sentence in my log.

TEAM
    Spoiler:

BADGES
    Spoiler:

Yes my log is detailed. Very detailed. Try and trump it chumps. :)

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    I haven't posted in this thread for a while, but I'm afraid my Grass Monotype playthrough is kind of on hiatus for now and has been for a while. I promise to hopefully pick up where I left off at some point. Hope this is okay. :)

Becki

Pc will never be the same.....
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 24, 2018
    So its BEcki again i just got my ds back and i noticed i still have not been added to the dragon section im still going to complete the monotype with dragon!

since last time:
    I leveled up each Gabite, Bagon, and Trapinch to lvl 17
    defeated bugsy, and my rival
    i then went to the 3rd gym and beat all the trainer there
    now im saving up coins to get dratini , i currently have 659 coins so i stll have a ways to go until 2100!

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
    Years
  • Small update for moi!

• Managed to defeat my scrumptious yet silly rival. That Kadabra was the only source of my problems! It was finally dealt a good X-Scissoring which took it down.
    • I trained like hell with Ceri in Victory Road; it'll all prove futile soon.
    • I made my way to the Indigo Plataeu. The music is so scerene.. as expected. I idled there and just watched the flowers. However, I went to speak to my beloved Ariados and she began to nod slowly.I took this as a sign to go frolic, however, those silly borders wouldn't let me! Borders... how rude.
    • I healed about three to four times at the Pokémon Center, maybe that would help me out some luck for the inevitable Pokéslaughter that's about to happen. I sighed before trudging up the stairs and giving my Ariados one final hug before she gets her butt handed to her.
    • I made my way to Will's room. I stood there for a moment, admiring the scenery before I turned to stare death in the face. Ceri seemed to sense my distress and she nuzzled me then nodded slowly once more, as to say, " It's okay. Just give it your all." I promptly burst in to tears as I held her close. With new determination I proudly walked up to Will and challenged him! We can not lose!
    • After I recieved my Pokémon back from Nurse Joy, I went outside to cry and mope. Ethan called me; apparently, his Marril smells like a dust mop or something. Isn't it a water Pokémon? Shouldn't it like taking baths? I ignored him and called my mother to complain about my day. All she had to say in respose was to ask if I picked up the items she bought with MY money. How rude.
    • I sighed and Zuzu spun around then seemed to snort at me! Rude much? However, thanks to Will I managed to get Ceri some experience by switching her out at the last second. She didn't grow much, but, every little bit counts! With -yet again- new found determination, I marched back into that Plataeu right in to Will's room. I wasn't losing again!
    • After I had been admitted to the hospital along with my Pokémon I sighed. What was I missing? I asked myself as I rubbed the bandages on my Nidoking's head. I noticed there wasn't an eerie feeling around me. What had I forgotten!? Ceri sighed and began to cackle, which slightly creeped me out. Wait.. cackle? That's it! I'd forgotten about Mystique!
    • I immediately ran to the P.C. shoving this poor old man out of the way and I quickly withdrew my Gengar. I'd put her in the box before I entered Victory Road and forgot to take her back out.
    • Now, this was the final time we were losing to Will!
    • Finally.. after about ten minutes of going back and forth using Full Restores and even some Revives, Will had been defeated thanks to a last minute Sucker Punch. Ceri was the only one who remained. Now, on to Koga. This aught to be very fun...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back