• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Oh sorry arcelio, I was half-asleep when I posted last time.

It does look better and more spacious. I like it.

Well kurumi that's just a silly rule, but I would prefer that you keep it at two. I'll give you another shot since you didn't know.

And I'll go ahead and add mudkiprush.

Kurumi

Lonely Knife Dancer ; ;
    Years
  • Ok if I can,let it be ^__^ Thanks EJ,I'll keep in mind that I can only use 2 HM slaves at one time,thanks!

NotchedEarPichu

The Best Friend Of A Lifetime
    Years
  • I decided to restart my water type challenge

Here update #1 (i restarted last night):

Old man in yellow jacket asks me of my gender and name (which is strange)
    I named myself Notch (same name as before) and stayed a male
    I wake up at my house and go to local lab and gets Totodile from Prof. Elm
    Got through the errand thing
    Beat the kid with red hair
    Police guy yelled at me
    Lyra fight back and I told police guy the rival's name
    I named him Silver
    Battled all the trainers on route 30
    Got to Violet City
    Caught Wooper (night)

TOTODILE
    Water
    Lv.11
    MOVES:
    Scratch
    Leer
    Water Gun
    Rage

WOOPER
    Water/Ground
    Lv.6
    MOVES:
    Water Gun
    Tail Whip
    Wud Sport

Kurumi

Lonely Knife Dancer ; ;
    Years
  • Hey .EJ,can I level up pokemon just to breed it?
    I want my Rhyhorn to know Thunder Fang,but easiest way around is to get Arbok instead of waiting for my Pupitar to evolve into Tyranitar...
    I think getting a pokemon and leveling it using exp share isn't using it,right?

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • Update.

~ Arrived to Rock Tunnel Entrance.
    ~ Rock Tunnel completed.
    ~ Route 7 and 8 completed.
    ~ Route 12, 13, 14 and 15 completed. Seen Suicune for the last time.
    ~ Returned to Lavender. Obtained Kanto Radio Card.
    ~ Returned to Vermilion. Obtained Lost Item, met Steven, Route 11 and Diglett Cave completed, and Snorlax catched.
    ~ Route 1, 2 and Viridian Forest completed. Arrived to Viridian and Pallet (only for flying).
    ~ Did all the way back to Pewter.
    ~ Pewter Gym completed.
    ~ Route 3, 4 and Mt. Moon completed. Rival defeated.
    ~ Route 25: Suicune finally catched.
    ~ Back to Cinnabar, Blue returns to his Gym.
    ~ Viridian Gym completed.

~ Got all 16 Badges!

~ Pallet Town: Obtained HM08 Rock Climb and teached to RockyDude (Golem).
    ~ Route 22 visited and passed.
    ~ Arrived at Pokèmon League Check.
    ~ Route 28 visited.
    ~ Arrived at Mt. Silver.
    ~ Mt. Silver Cave completed.

~ Red defeated!

Pikachu out with Aggron's Earthquake.
    Lapras out with Aggron's Thunder.
    Blastoise out with Magnezone's Discharge.
    Venusaur out with Steelix's Fire Fang.
    Charizard out with Metagross's Psychic.
    Snorlax out with Scizor's X Scissors.

~ Pallet Town: Obtained Charmander from Prof. Oak.
    ~ Saffron City: Obtained Treecko from Steven.
    ~ Route 30: Exp. Share and Red Orb obtained from Mr. Pokèmon.

~ Cerulean Cave: Mewtwo catched.
    ~ Route 17: Latios catched.
    ~ Route 42: Raikou catched.
    ~ Embedded Tower: Groudon catched.
    ~ Tin Tower: Ho-oh catched.
    ~ Traded an HG captured Kyogre.
    ~ Pallet Town: Obtained Jade Orb from Prof. Oak.
    ~ Embedded Tower: Rayquaza catched.

~ Elite 4 beaten again!

Lv. 81
    Dragonbreath
    Crunch
    Fire Fang
    Iron Tail

Lv. 80
    Psychic
    Meteor Mash
    Hammer Arm
    Pursuit

Lv. 81
    Earthquake
    Headbutt
    Thunder
    Protect

Lv. 80
    Wing Attack
    Iron Head
    Night Slash
    X Scissors

Lv. 80
    Lock-On
    Thunder Wave
    Discharge
    Gyro Ball

Lv. 80
    Night Slash
    Fly
    Steel Wing
    Spikes

Feraligatr (Crocky) Lv. 30 and Golem (RockyDude) Lv. 30 as HM Slaves.

CHALLENGE COMPLETE!

Shiari Xero

Completely Original
    Years
  • Alright, Well I got SS started and going.

• Im startled awake in the middle of the night. Someones in my room...
    • Its an old guy, in a yellowish gold jacket.. i ask him why hes here, and he starts rambling about the wonderful world of pokemon.. (Wait dont i live here?!)
    • He shows me a Marill.. the blue round rat stares at me.. with those beady black eyes.. *shudder*
    • He puts away the Marill. Phew.. Then he asks me my gender.... ok.. old man is really creeping me out.
    • I tell him im a boy (and that i know karate)
    • and he asks my name, i tell him Jing. He nods and then says "Jing, your about to experience the world of pokemon, and have a "fun" adventure"
    • Man i could hear the sarcasm in his words when he said fun...
    • I get up, wondering how he got in my room. Isnt my mother down... OH SHI-
    • I run downstairs fearing for my mothers safety.
    • Shes ok, strangely she doesnt comment about the strange man. Thanks mom.. glad to know you care.
    • She shoves my bag and trainer card to me (also rambles about "saving" and "options") Cant get me out of your hair fast enough huh?
    • I walk outside feeling upset, my days not starting off so well... Oh well lets hope it will not get any worse...
    • OH HELL IT'S A MARILL! ITS GOING TO SUCK OUT MY SOUL!
    • Luckily, before the Marill could do its evil deed, its owner, my "friend" walks out and it runs away spinning, and they run to their house.
    • I walk to Elms lab, mom said something about him needing a favor. Great i get to play errand boy.
    • Outside I see a red headed kid staring into Elm's lab. I walk over to talk to him, and he says something about Prof. Elm and then looks at me. Then he yells at me and kicks me away. I already can tell I wont like that stalker-ish idiot..
    • I head into Elms lab, who knows what that guy does to those pokemon in there *shudders*
    • Elm greets me with a hardy Hello, and before I can even respond he goes off on a rant about poke balls and walking with pokemon, so then he wants to give me one of these animals, for no reason. Hey the day is looking up.
    • Oh, spoke too soon, before I can get my pokemon and get the hell out of there, he gets an email from a friend named" Mr.Pokemon" (20 bucks says he was made fun of in high school)
    • Great, now my "free" pokemon isn't so free anymore, he wants me to go alone, at night, with wild blood thirsty animals running around, with a pokemon I have not even got yet, to his friends house…has this "professor" forgotten I AM TEN!?
    • I pick Totodile, and name him Hmslave1, he glares at me when i call him that.
    • I head back home to get my Pokegear, mom shows me how to use the phone..thanks mom
    • I head to Cherrygrove City, met by a creepy, old, pedophile-esque man, he takes me on a tour of the city for no reason. Then shows me his house, then pawns off his "Runnin Shoes" on me. Uhm..i need special shoes to run..
    • Suddenly...i miss my bedroom, the world outside scares me :pink_blankstare:
    • I head north out of Cherrygrove, old man gives me a map card. Why does everyone think im stupid? Mom thinks i cant answer the phone, Elm thinks i cant do a simple errand without a bloodthirsty Crocodile following me, eating poor pidgey as i walk. and now the old man thinks i need special shoes to run, and a map so i dont get lost...
    • Frustrated, i run north through all the grass to Mr.Pokemons house.
    • I enter, and who i suspect to be "Mr.Pokemon" drags me to a chair, and gets an egg and hands it to me, is this an errand or am i picking up Elms breakfast?
    • OH SH-
    • The creepy man from my bedroom, oak or whatever, hes here.. stand still Jing.. if he comes near you, let Totodile have him.. you can make your escape then.
    • The old man compliments my Totodile...
    • Got a Pokedex, i run out, and get a call from Elm, he sounds frantic. Probably left his Bacon on too long and now its burned.
    • I run back to Cherrygrove, and almost leave town heading towards New Bark Town. When suddenly, the red-headed a**hat walks up. Says something about me being pitiful, then challenges me to a battle. Atleast hes not hitting me..
    • He..sends out a Chikorita... omfg a Chikorita.
    • My day has officially been made. I beat that little Chikorita senseless and then he runs away, i swipe his trainer card to see his name. Its Silver..
    • I get to Elms lab, and walk in, a police officer says a pokemon was stolen... then blames me. -.-
    • Lyra "Proves" my innocence.
    • I talk to mom, and then head back to Cherrygrove. I import two Eggs from an old friend, and then I walk around town a bit, wondering why my life sucks so much. When one of my Eggs hatch (it had been moving around since i got it)
    • OH MY GOD ITS A MUSHROOM!...Wait no its a Shroomish.
    • The other Egg is still an Egg, so i go to the pokecenter, and heal up, then i head north to train my new Shroomish.
    Well thats where i am at the moment. :P
    Team:

Shroomish (M) level 1
    Ability: Poison Heal
    Quirky Nature
    -Absorb
    -Seed Bomb (Egg Move)
    -Bullet Seed (Egg Move)

Hmslave1/Totodile (M) level 8
    -Scratch
    -Leer
    -Water Gun
    -Rage

Egg/Riolu (?)
    -No moves

Last edited:

Wolfechu

Bond, Covalent Bond
    Years
  • Hey for some reason my SoulSilver patched ROM wont go past the intro on No$GBA and Nintendo DS emulator :/
    Same happens for HeartGold so I don't know how I can play.
    Sorry I can't do the challenge :/

EDIT: Downloaded DeSmuME and it now works :)
    Keep me in the challenge xD

EDIT 2: Actaully take me off the list, DeSmuME is rubbish :P The movements and fps is painstakingly slow :/ Would take like 6 times as long to do anything :(

Last edited:

Kurumi

Lonely Knife Dancer ; ;
    Years
  • Wolfechu,DeSmuME crashes less and has STATES. It speed ups the saving process (tho You'll need to save manually sometimes because game will glitch... It'll happen like 30m - 1h

EDIT1: To play on No$GBA You need to put some AR code and enable it EVERY TIME You load the game (idk why it works like that)

Wolfechu

Bond, Covalent Bond
    Years
  • Wolfechu,DeSmuME crashes less and has STATES. It speed ups the saving process (tho You'll need to save manually sometimes because game will glitch... It'll happen like 30m - 1h

EDIT1: To play on No$GBA You need to put some AR code and enable it EVERY TIME You load the game (idk why it works like that)

Ahhh hmm wonder why soulsilver is really slow then :S But yea I noticed the game save was pretty quick ^^

Oh I see :) Thank you very much :)

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Kurumi that's fine, breed to get your thunder fang.

As for the rom problems, that would be the Anti-piracy on it. PM me for help.

Porygon z, do you have any words that you would like to be immortalized in this thread?

Kurumi

Lonely Knife Dancer ; ;
    Years
  • I am almost sure that You need to have sound atleast on low. Pokemon when dies cries,right? If it doesn't battle won't end.. Had such an issue on Platinum.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Guys I know a site to solve your issues....I use roms as well.

Just pm me if you want to know.

Shiari Xero

Completely Original
    Years
  • I am almost sure that You need to have sound atleast on low. Pokemon when dies cries,right? If it doesn't battle won't end.. Had such an issue on Platinum.

I had a similar problem like that with a Platinum ROM on No$gba, when i muted it, i loaded up the ROM, and got to the title screen, then when i clicked to go into the game, it froze, until i turned back on the sound and heard Giratinas cry, then it worked fine (but i gave up using ROMS cause they suck on my computer, so i just use my Retail games (which is fine, i own Diamond/Platinum/HG/SS so it doesnt affect me) :P Turn on the sound, it should work then.

Last edited:

Kurumi

Lonely Knife Dancer ; ;
    Years
  • I need to find 2 Heart Scales... One for Arbok and one for Tyranitar.
    I end up getting some useless things like Old Amber or Helix Fossil though... :/

Wolfechu

Bond, Covalent Bond
    Years
  • I need to find 2 Heart Scales... One for Arbok and one for Tyranitar.
    I end up getting some useless things like Old Amber or Helix Fossil though... :/

Cianwood City, Dark Cave, Route 19, Vermilion City, and Victory Road - Only locations for getting them via rock smashing :P

Shiari Xero

Completely Original
    Years
  • Cianwood City, Dark Cave, Route 19, Vermilion City, and Victory Road - Only locations for getting them via rock smashing :P

Also the Cave in Tohjo falls, Under the waterfall. No encounters in there either, so smash, walk out go back in and smash again ;D

Wolfechu

Bond, Covalent Bond
    Years
  • First Update, and its very short :P

Player Name: Wolfe

So I decided to go for cyndaquil for the obvious reason that my rival would be water, and as you know water doesn't really hold up against electric types :)

Got to Mr. Pokémons house. Hey Prof. Oak :D

(Oh and I would have screenies but it's far too much hassle for NO$GBA xD)

Stopped before I run into my rival.

Stopped it there cause I need a rest. Been on the pc for a while now xD
    I promise my next update will be much more interesting and laid out :) Plus longer xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back