• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen More Ice Types?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • With what serebii has said today from the Coro-coro scans, this definitely seems like a plausible option now. No one knows what kind of pokemon we will get now.

It's possible they may only be a few additions. They didn't give us a word that'll give us any idea of how much they added so it could also be a lot. I just hope Froslass is added.

Years
  • I'm iffy on any Pokemon that aren't Hoenn natives,or evolutionary relatives, or that weren't in the Emerald post-E4 SZ extension being added to the dex. But I think I may need to make an exception for ice types, just to give Glacia something.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • For those who think more Ice types will be only available post-game, don't you at least care about type diversity? It was a major problem in the original games, because Glacia had one of the worst Elite 4 rosters in the series. Why would you want her roster to remain the same until post-game; doesn't that bother you one bit? I say we need more Ice types available during the main campaign to fix this issue.

Years
  • For those who think more Ice types will be only available post-game, don't you at least care about type diversity? It was a major problem in the original games, because Glacia had one of the worst Elite 4 rosters in the series. Why would you want her roster to remain the same until post-game; doesn't that bother you one bit? I say we need more Ice types available during the main campaign to fix this issue.

More like species diversity considering they're type experts xD. I hope they at least add in Froslass for her. Since Magneton is Wattson's ace according to this newest issue I'm assuming that Abomasnow is the ace for Candice instead of Froslass like in Pt. So Glacia can have one without it ruing the aces being exclusive some of us would like to see done.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    If they're including seasons into these games, which they might, then it's possible; during winter, we could see more ice Pokémon roaming around. I wouldn't expect there to be any snow, though, considering that Hoenn is a tropical region as stated in OP, but climate would still be cold, which would be suitable for some ice-types. Aside from that, I don't exactly see much else, sadly. Well, if they're giving us access to more locations post-game, then maybe this could be their chance of giving us more access to ice-type Pokémon. If they don't capitalize, then I personally wouldn't be too upset; I'd be able to transfer them from X and Y, anyway, as well as other games, so honestly, there's no point in being bothered about it.

They didn't include Seasons in XY so I don't see why they would do so in the Gen 6 remakes. Seasons was introduced in Gen 5 and may remain exclusive to that generation only. Just like how FR/LG had no time feature in the game despite both Gens 2 and 3 having built in clocks.

The core of the game should remain exactly as it is and only give minor tweeks to things that didn't play any major part. Small changes like the new Hidden bases.

Years
  • Yeah, I don't see seasons coming back. Especially since Hoenn is tropical and the tropics have only a rainy and a dry season (I wonder if Hoenn being tropical is a reference to it being the point the weather trio fight).

Years
  • Ice types are a minority, which is a shame because it's full of awesome Pokemon. No new Ice mons will be released for ORAS, but it is possible that they alter the Hoenn regional dex to include more Ice types, because there aren't very many at all.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • I'd just like to see more dual type ice pairings; Ice/Poison, Ice/Bug, and Ice/Steel (even with 2 four times weaknesses) would all be great typings to see, in my opinion. It could happen next gen, and they could be given a wealth of new moves. INCLUDING A PHYSICAL ICE ATTACK WITH MORE THAN 65 POWER THAT"S NOT ICICLE CRASH. lol

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
  • In all honesty, going back to Gen I, I've NEVER regularly used an Ice-type, be it in-game or meta. I have an Articuno in my box and I never use it.

That said, if they ever come out with an ice/fire type. I'm all over that.

Years
  • Yeah, I don't see seasons coming back. Especially since Hoenn is tropical and the tropics have only a rainy and a dry season (I wonder if Hoenn being tropical is a reference to it being the point the weather trio fight).

Ice types are a minority, which is a shame because it's full of awesome Pokemon. No new Ice mons will be released for ORAS, but it is possible that they alter the Hoenn regional dex to include more Ice types, because there aren't very many at all.

Hoenn being a tropical-based region is mainly to blame for the significant lack of Ice-types in the Dex (and iirc the only ones aside from Regice were found in Shoal Cave) but I kinda hope they can add in a few other-region Ice Pokemon, aside from the likely Froslass being added (as she's in the Snorunt line) but I have a feeling that aside from 4th Gen evo/pre-evo relatives they won't add more Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Yep I think the'll add more pokemon from previous games. I have a feeling the'll more ice types to shoal cave and maybe a few in meteor falls. I predict Jynx, Sneasel, and a ice rock will be added to shoal cave to evolve eevee to Glaceon. I also think they will add new areas. Though I could also see Lapras being added to victory road but with a small percentage rate to find it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2015
    we might just get new ice type mega evolution, i would love to see weavile get one

Back