• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More Pokemon like Shinies.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
  • If you ever played Pokemon-Crater, a Pokemon MMO, you saw Shiny Pokemon, Dark Pokemon and a Metallic Pokemon. Dark had like a black aurora and metallic was, metal. Do you think Pokemon should add more types to go for than just shiny?

I think a Dark Pokemon would be cool. It could be harder to get up it's friendship and maybe even sometimes ignore you, but it hits harder than the regular form. However, with proper training it could always Obey and stuff

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    It's up to gamefreak decide to add chrome, dark, metalic, shadow (not the spinoff game we're talking here.) and mirage also Ghostly

Having mirage pokemon have unique ability to mimic opposing abilities, Ghostly makes your opponent unable to attack sometimes. A dark pokemon are more powerful, chrome and metalic have higher HP stats.

If there's more than just shiny, it's just catch "this" and that and you brag all over

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • That would be pretty interesting but if there were to be as rare as shinies, it wouldn't make sense...
    Yeah, you would be proud that you were able to obtain them but their abilities wouldn't be put into action that often.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    But Multitype ability can't be copied though. It makes so so not sense

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    It's a cool idea but honestly I think it'd start to feel quite gimmicky quite quickly when you play through the game. Shiny Pokémon are as fun as they are because they're such a rare and unusual thing - wouldn't having several new versions of that ruin this appeal? And also there's the competitive battling side of things; if these new styles of Pokémon have new abilities, behaviours, etc, then wouldn't that likely lead to them dominating the competitive scene? Honestly all I'd hope for in this regard is for alternate shiny colours for shiny Pokémon rather than just having one different version - that could make things more exciting without being too much.

Sonata Of Chaos

Harnesser of Emeralds
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2014
    Actually, there may be something more to shinies. First of all, kind of obvious, a 2nd shiny coloration, just for the sake of color. Or, copying the TCG, why not adding Delta pokemons? (for those who don't know, Delta pokemons are pokemons with different types than the original ones, like a Dragon/Electric Bagon, as an example)
    What do you think about this?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • The name Pokemon Crater takes me back...!

If there was a way to simply feed a Pokemon some fruit and have their colors change, I'd have a bangin' looking black Garchomp or something. I suppose the only alternate colors that would make sense would be specific Pokemon that change colors during a certain time of year (e.g. Autumn grass types or Aurora ice types). Cute and collectible.

Shiny Pokemon don't change the battle strategies, while Dark/Metallic would with those descriptions. Who can prepare to face so many different versions of Pokemon...

Aello

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • I wouldn't want to mess with the battle system, we already had a big change up with the new Fairy type.

But I wouldn't mind a little bit more customization for Pokemon. Maybe if you can change the looks of just one or two Pokemon at a time or something, like your team leader or your favorite? That would be fun.

I do wish they'd change the shiny color of Pokemon like Togepi and Snorlax. I have both in shiny and you really can't tell without the sparkle animation. They look so similar.

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
    Years
  • Honestly, I really don't think they should add any other types of Pokemon. Maybe, just one type, like Dark, but even that in my opinion is pushing it a little. And if they did add it, I really don't think it should affect battle. I am quite content with shinies just being aesthetic.

Shhmew

Years
  • Ohmygosh, Pokemon Crater ;____; R.I.P.

I used to play Pokemon Tower Defense a lot, and it had Shiny pokemon as well as Shadow pokemon. Shiny pokemon gained exp faster, while shadow pokemon gained exp slower. I wouldn't mind if something like that was implemented into main games, I think it'd be pretty cool c:

Back