• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More than just friends [Contest Shipping]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
    I have the full story at serebii's forums, but here I'll wait for replies to post new chapters. Don't worry, the chapters do get better, this first one I have to admit, kinda sucks

Rating [for chap.1]: G

Chapter 1
    The Beginning

"Blaziken, try another Blaze Kick!" Yelled a young girl. Her Blaze pokemon jumped up and furiously kicked through a Raichu, an electric mouse Pokemon, with a flaming clawed foot.

She was in a contest, it's like a Pokemon show! The coordinator that displays the best moves in a battle will win! But it's not that simple.

First, the coordinators must go through the appeal round, where their Pokemon combine beautiful moves to impress a panel of judges, if they give a high score for a preformence, coordinators go on to the battle rounds!

In battle rounds, coordinators usually have 5 minutes to battle against another coordinator. They have a point board, their points go down if their Pokemon does not show beauty and strengh battles! This was where the young girl was fighting.

The girl flipped her deep brown hair out of her face and grinned happily. "Finish it Blaziken!" Shouted the girl again.

Blaziken grabbed the Raichu and spun it around by its lightning bolt tail and slammed it to the ground. The orange rodent tried desperatly to get back up but eventully fell back to the ground.

The panel of judges were watching the whole battle quietly. The minute the Raichu hit the ground, the judges put x's on a little screen on their stand.

"After another great battle, May and Blaziken win again! That means they'll both go on to the finals!" Shouted the beautiful announcer, Vivian.

May's sapphire blue eyes seemed to be lost in thought for a moment but then she heard the annoucer and smiled at her well trained fire pokemon.

On another stage, two trainers were also finishing up a battle. A quiet boy and his Flygon would also be going to the next round.

Back on May's stage, May hugged her Blaziken tightly. The soft feathers of her Blaziken made her want to stay in the postition forever. She was proud of her Blaziken for doing so well.

The crowd behind her cheered too, but who wouldn't? Blaziken put on an impressive display!

May exited the stage and went back to the lobby to find out where the next battle was to be held.

"The finals will take place on stage 2, good luck!" Said the lady at the front desk.

May walked through the long hallway. She already knew where stage 2 was and wanted to get there quickly.

May was about 15 or 16 years old. She wore a red poke ball bandanna, red T-shirt, black biker shorts, and had a white sweater wrapped around her waist. Also tied to her waist, was a yellow fanny pack in which she used to carry around her ribbons and pokemon. May had experience with contests before, so this one was easy.

May entered stage 2. The ground was dirty from previous battles but you could see a little bit of green peaking out, a panel of judges were on a wall close to her, and all around her was a crowd of cheering fans.

The strange boy came out from the other side of the stage. He had green hair and green eyes. He wore a black long sleeved shirt under a short sleeved purple jacket, and he had light blue jeans.

"We'll put 5 minutes on the clock as always. Now start the match between May and Drew!" Called Vivian.

Drew quietly sent out a red and white poke ball. Out of the ball came Flgon, a mighty dragon pokemon. It's red and green scales shone in the bright lights.

May got a little tense, but sent out her poke ball as well. Blaziken came out. It noticed the crowd and decided to show off a little.

Blaziken roared and shot flames out of its wrists. The crowd was impressed by the two strong looking pokemon.

May hesitated at first but then called, "Blaziken, Flamethrower!" Blaziken shot red hot flames out of its beak at Flygon.

Flygon beat its large wings swiftly and rose a few feet in the air and dodged the Flamethrower. "Flygon, Hyper Beam!" Said Drew calmly.

The fighting fowl pokemon took a direct hit and fell to the ground. The score board showed May's points drop dramatically.

May was a little entranced by the boy. He was a little cute and did have an awsome pokemon. "Flygon dodged Blaziken's flamethrower without its trainer's command!" Said May.

Flygon released another Hyper Beam at Blaziken. May's Blaziken tried to dodge, but it was too late and Blaziken fell once again.

"Come on Blaziken! I know you can do it!" Screamed May.

Blaziken tried as hard as it could to get back up, but eventually gave up and fainted. Once again, the judges put x's on their screens.

The scoreboard showed Drew and Flygon's picture with the words "WINNER" below.

"Drew and Flygon have won the Abouto contest! Please some accept your ribbons!" Exclaimed Vivian.

Drew walked up to Vivian and that's all May got to see. She queitly walked off stage. This was the first contest she had lost in a long time!

Back on the stage, Drew placed a ribbon on Flygon and proudly showed his to the cheering crowd. Drew walked off stage as well and noticed May.

"Nice battle!" He said with a friendly smile.

"Shut up!" Snapped May.

"What a sore loser, besides I've seen a Magikarp fight better than that!" Said Drew.

May didn't reply, but pouted instead. "You didn't do much better!" Pouted May.

"Well at least I won this ribbon." Said Drew and walked out.

May knew she lost because she was thinking more about Drew's looks than his fighting skills.

"Even if that jerk is in the next contest, I know I'll beat him!" Said May.

She walked out into the freash air. The contest had gotten her all fired up. May had parked her bike next to the contest hall and went to get it. She wanted to get to the next town.

May got herself on her red bike and began to peddle down the road.

"I wonder if Drew really is in the next contest? I'd really like to see him again." Said May to herself. "What am I thinking!! I just met him and now I want to see him again!?" Yelled May slapping herself with her gloved hands.

May forgot that she couldn't ride her bike without using both hands and crashed into a large tree.

"Ow, that really hurt." May whimpered.

"You ok?" Said a familer voice.

May looked up. It was Drew. He has a worried expression on his face, he had obviously seen May fall.

"Yeah, I'm fine now." Said May.

Drew helped her up and got on his green bike and drove away.

"I never knew a guy could be so nice." Said May a little dumbstruck.

Before she got on her bike again, she looked at her map to see how to get to the next contest.

She got back on her red bike and started riding towards the sunset. She couldn't stop thinking about Drew.

The sun was setting and May knew she would have to try and find a Pokemon Center.

A green and purple tent lie just ahead. May thought she was dreaming, but rode up to the tent.

"Maybe the person in that tent knows where a Pokemon Center is!" Exclaimed May.

May rode her bike up to the campsite. A fire still blazed in front of the tent. May parked her bike on a nearby tree, and walked up to the tent.

Chapter 2
    May, Blooming flower of love?

Who is in the tent and will May ever find the Pokemon Center? May gets emotions she has never felt before!

Private Message (PM) List
    KyokoButterfly15

Last edited:

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    You posted it in serebii....I thought the title looked familiar!!! Anyway I don't know what you mean, I thought this chapter was great and I can't wait to read the rest!!! *runs to serebii* :D

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    GAH!!! PERFECT STORY!! MUST READ MORE!!!! Its exactly like the act in the show! Please post the rest here!

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Don't worry, the chapters do get better, this first one I have to admit, kinda sucks

[asddgd;h'sfhjoisidgh;ogishjmgs]
    If you know your first chapter isn't up to standard, then why do you insist on posting it anyway? o_O Don't try to reassure the readers that the story will get better later on; try to focus on what's important now, rather than putting it off later.

Anyway, you have consistent grammar errors, including dialogue ones, as well as spelling errors...far too many for me to nitpick. Just try editing or getting MS word to do it for you. Also, although this problem is fairly common amongst new writers, blocks of description aren't exactly the way to appeal. Try to find more ways of introducing your characters and such.

Plot wise, it's alright to start off a chapter with a battle..but as I said before, rather than supplying the readers with all the descriptions (which makes the piece a bit bland), introduce it in another matter. Lol...well, since it's a shipping fic, not much I can say. Drew did seem a bit OOC...he said 'nice battle' with a friendly smile, then just outwardly insulted her. o_o

Anyway, hope you do better on the next installment~

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
    Thank you for the comments everyone, soory it took me so long to get this next chapter. Lily, your comments especially help, thanks :D Yes, I am a newer writer, it will take awhile to get really good. I post chapters at serebii first so anything that you don't like in the next few chapters I will try to fix if I'm not too busy [That includes description blocks]

Rating: PG[swear words are like this D***]

Chapter 2
    May, a blooming flower of love?

"La, La, La, Da, La, La." Hummed a cheerful man. He was preparing to eat his dinner which he had slowley cooked over a fire.

He had long purple hair and dressed himself to look like a Cacturne. Pointed green hat, green and black shirt and pants too.

He loved Poison and Dark typed pokemon. Cacturne was his favorite. A little bell rang by his bag. "Dinners done Cacturne" Shouted the man.

A scary scarecrow cactus pokemon jumped up and ran to the man. The man grabbed a bowl of scolding water, but burned his hand in the process.

"Ow!!! Stupid piece of s***!" Screamed the man.

The bowl he was holding flipped over on Cacturne's head.

Outside the purple and green tent, May walked up to the tent flaps. She opened one flap.

"Hello? Anyone here?" Asked May.

"What the h*** you want!" Yelled the enraged man holding his burnt hand.

"I was hoping you knew where the nearest Pokemon Center was, I'm a coodinator." Said May nervously.

"Coodinator? You should have said so sooner!" Said the man.

"The name's Harley, come in for a minute!" Said Harley cheerfully.

May followed Harley inside the large tent. "So what's your name little missy?" Said Harley.

"Oh, I'm May." Said May quietly.

"No need to be shy! Sorry about before, had a little cooking accident." Said Harley.

May noticed a ticked off Cacturne by a small sink. It had a steaming bowl on its head. The cactus pokemon looked pretty angry.

"So anyways, you said you wanted to find a Pokemon Center?" Asked Harley.

"Yeah." Said May.

"Well you're in luck, there happens to be one a few yards ahead of here!" Said Harley.

"The sun's just about down, so I better get going now!" Said May, she just wanted to get away from the Cacturne.

"Hold it! You're a coodinator right?" Questioned Harley. His purple eyes looked very truthful at that moment.

"Uh, yeah. Why?" Asked May.

"Well then I guess I see you at the next contest, 'cause I'm a coodinator too!" Exclaimed Harley. He did an odd little pose.

"Oh, that's nice." Said May nervously. She ran outside to find her bike missing!!

"That's just great!" Pouted May.

"That guy was kinda weird too, and I'm not going back, so what do I do?" May asked herself.

The sun was down, but Harley's campfire still burned brightly.

"Well, I have to find my bike, I mean where could it have possibly gone!" Said May.

May searched everywhere but could not find her bike. Tears welled up in her eyes. "I left all my pokemon with my bike!" She cried.

Then May heard a rustle from a nearby bush. She walked up to the bush and saw some Aipom playing with her bike.

"Give it back bananna brains!" Screamed May.

The purple monkey pokemon just laughed and kept on playing.

May grabbed a small stone off the dusty ground and threw it at one of the Aipom.

The rock hit an Aipom directly in the head. The little monkey turned around and glared at May.

"Aipom!" Yelled the Aipom May hit. The rest of the Aipom began to throw clumps of sand at May.

"Petal Dance!"Commanded a voice.

A small green pokemon with roses attached to the ends of each of its skinny wrists, jumped out of a nearby tree and shot swirling pink petals at the Aipom.

The Aipom were scared and ran down a trail.

"You know, there are better ways to fight without pokemon." Said the voice again.

May turned to see Drew leaning against a tree. He slowly flipped his green hair with his hand.

"Oh yeah?! You got any better ideas?" Yelled May.

May ran to her bike and got her yellow fanny pack. She strapped it around her waist as if she was prepared for another Aipom attack.

"You're lucky I was there to save you." Said Drew.

"You're lucky I don't hurt you!" Said an enraged May.

"Well, I need to get back to my training, come on Roselia." Said Drew.

Drew began to walk down the same trail as the Aipom with Roselia at his side.

"What a jerk." Said May.

She knew that Drew had saved her, why was she mad? She was more mad at herself foor blowing another chance to learn about this mysterious Drew.

May got back on her bike and headed in the direction of the Pokemon Center.

Harley seemed to be right, the ride to the Pokemon Center was a short one.

Once she got there, she rented a room. Then May went to the pokemon hall, a place to let your pokemon out for play while the trainers did something else.

There were a few other pokemon in the room already. Flygon, Masquerain, Charizard, and Gardevoir.

May threw out her six pokeballs.

First one to come out was her Blaziken. Then Venusaur, Blastoise, Delcatty, Beautifly, and Snorlax.

All of her pokemon looked happy to be out of their pokeball and ran to the other pokemon in the room.

May walked back out to the main room. A worried Drew threw the doors to the Pokemon Center open.

He carried a very exhausted Roselia in his arms. He put it on the desk in front of Nurse Joy.

"Please! You've got to help it!" Cried Drew.

Nurse Joy took a good look at the thorn pokemon.

"Our Chansey will heal its wounds and it should be fine!" Said Joy. She called her Chansey.

The pink egg pokemon ran up and put Roselia on a white hospital cart and carried it to the E.R.

May hid a little, if Drew knew she had seen that, she would have never heard the last of it. May had never seen Drew act that way before. He always seemed so calm.

May decided to try and forget what just happened as she walked back to her room, but May couldn't help from feeling sorry for Drew and Roselia.

May walked back to the Pokemon Hall to check on her pokemon. Just as she opened the door she saw Drew.

She closed it to a little peak and watched Drew.

"How's your wing feeling Flygon?" Said Drew petting the dragon pokemon.

"That means that those other pokemon belong to Drew." Said May quietly.

"These other pokemon look pretty tough, I wonder who they belong too." Said Drew commetning on May's pokemon.

May leaned on the door a little too hard and it flung open.

"May?" Said Drew surprised.

"Oh, uh, hi". Said May nervously. She had fallen into a weird pose and was a little embarresed.

"So, do these pokemon belong to you?" Asked Drew.

"Yes they do!" Said May proudly remembering Drew's earlier comment.

"They look pretty weak to me." Said Drew.

May's jaw dropped. What other things were Drew hiding if he hid the fact that he said May's pokemon looked "tough"?

"Uh....how's Roselia?" Asked May.

"Why would you care?" Said Drew rudely.

"if that's how you want to be then fine!" Said May and ran to her room.

This time May knew she was poilte to the boy and he was mean to her!

But still an odd feeling overwhelmed her. Something she had never felt before.

It was a good feeling but none she had ever had before.

The feeling was, love.

Chapter 3
    Hurry May! Save Roselia!

Roselia is seriously injured and Drew disappears! Can May save Roselia?

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    ^^, another great chapte! I didn't think you were going to post it but, yay XP XP! I liked the part where he said her pokemon looked tough then when she walked inside said they looked weak, that is DEFINATLY something Drew would do! And the characters were more IC this time, which helped the story flow, great job! ^^

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
    DreamBandit298 said:
    ^^, another great chapte! I didn't think you were going to post it but, yay XP XP! I liked the part where he said her pokemon looked tough then when she walked inside said they looked weak, that is DEFINATLY something Drew would do! And the characters were more IC this time, which helped the story flow, great job! ^^

That's funny cause the people at serebii liked that part too, I'll have to remember that!

Next chapter ready! Sorry reviewers, you'll have to post about two chapters! I warning you on this one though, I was extremely tired and it turned out rather odd and if anyone actually likes it, I'll be surprised

Rating: PG

Chapter 3
    Hurry May! Save Roselia!

May sat on a bed in the room she had rented for the night.

She had put on her night outfit, a yellow shirt and a fleece pair of blue pants.

She took her bandanna out and combed her hair straight. Her gloves lie on a nightstand next to her bed.

"Why would he be so mean? I was worried about his stupid pokemon!" Yelled May.

"And he said my pokemon were weak! What nerves!" Said May.

She then decided to get a glass of water for bed. She walked through the main hallway and past the E.R. rooms.

In one room was Drew's exhausted Roselia. It looked like it was having much trouble breathing as a Chansey watched over it.

"I hope it's ok, come to think of it, Drew never did tell me what happened." Said May.

She continued walking down the hall to get her glass of water. When she returned, she walked past Roselia again.

A bright red light was flashing in the room as a flushed looking Chansey rushed out the door.

May looked a little closer at the little table where Roselia had been, and found it gone!

"Oh no, what happened to Roselia?" Panicked May.

"The only reason I'm worried is because it's a pokemon!" May lied to herself.

She ran to Drew's room to tell him what happened. She flung open the door and started shouting, "DREW!!! ROSELIA IS MISSING!!!!"

Then she realized that Drew was not in the room. The sheets on his bed were ruffled as if he had already been there.

May rushed all through the Pokemon Center looking for Drew, but he was nowhere to be found.

"Maybe Roselia went outside and Drew followed." May convinced herself. Her brown hair was messy and her deep sapphire eyes glowed with fear.

May ran up to the main desk. "Nurse Joy, where is Drew and Roselia!" Screamed May.

"My Chansey has imformed me that Roselia has disappeared, as for the boy, he should be in his room." Assured Joy.

"He's not! And I don't think he knows about Roselia!" May yelled.

"Now calm down, go back to your bed, I'm sure they'll both turn up in the morning." Scolded Joy.

Joy lead May back to her room and locked the door. May sat on her bed, thinking of what to do.

May then got an idea and looked towards the window. "That's it! I'm coming Drew!" Exclaimed May.

She put back on her normal clothes and ran towards the window. With much strength, May opened the window and climbed out.

May ran back towards the forest. "Drew! Roselia! Where are you guys!" Called May.

"I can't believe I'm worried about that jerk! It's not like I love him or anything!" May thought to herself.

Just then May saw a bloody trail shining in the moonlight. "Oh no, I've got a bad feeling about this." May gulped.

She began to follow the trail nervously. "This is creepy, but I really hope Drew and Roselia are ok." Said May nervously.

All of a sudden, she saw a thorny figure in the moonlight. May cautiously ran up to it.

It was a Cacturne and something seemed familer about it. May noticed an evil grin on its face. It's scary yellow eyes glowed brightly.

A few feet away lie Roselia, with cuts and bruises all over. But it wasn't bleeding, so what made the trail?

"Is Cacturne able to make fake blood?" May asked herself.

The Cacturne started shooting poison spikes at May. She just barely by dive jumping. She fell right next to the injured rose pokemon.

"Roselia..." May cried.

Just then, Cacturne ran towards a dark tree at the edge of the forest. May grabbed Roselia and ran after the Cacturne.

On the other side of the tree trunk was Drew. He was unconcious and tied to the tree. He had many cuts and was losing blood rapidly.

"Drew!" Screamed May horrified.

The Cacturne prepared a Pin Missle and aimed at Drew. The spikes shot out of its pointy arms rapidly.

May jumped in front of Drew and got hit by the attack. May knew that if Drew took one more attack he'd be finished.

May just layed on the ground, almost to weak to move.

"Crap, I left my pokemon back at the Pokemon Center." Cried May.

May looked back up at Drew. She wondered how all this had happened but especially how a Cacturne tied Drew to the tree, or did someone else?

Then the Cacturne began another Pin Missle, this time at Roselia. The flower was just barely breathing. One more attack would kill it.

May got up and rammed into the Cacturne as hard as possible. The spikes hurt her but she didn't care. The only thing on her mind was Drew.

May fell to the ground unconcious. The Cacturne fell too. It jumped back up and stared at the fallen girl.

The sun began to come up. Cacturne hate sun, so it ran away.

May, Roselia, and Drew were all unconsious.

Officer Jenny pulled up in her motocycle. "The pokemon got away again, but we found some kids!" Called Jenny into her radio.

She untied Drew from the tree, and with some help from her Growlithe team, put the injured kids on the motocycle and sped towards the Pokemon Center.

Next chapter:
    Chapter 4

When Shadow turns to sun! Pokemon and Human revival!
    As May begins to learn more about Drew, Drew starts to become a different kind of person, and the relationship gets a little deeper

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Awesome! Thanks for posting it so fast! I can't wait to see what happens next!!!!

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
    Ok, this one is weird too so be warned

Rating: G

Chapter 4
    When Shadow turns to sun! Pokemon and Human revival!

May opened her deep sapphire blue eyes. All around her were white walls and bright lights.

"Where am I?" Asked May. She sat upright. She looked behind her and saw a white hospital bed.

Suddenly, a Chansey ran in happily. "Chansey!" Exclaimed May. She was happy to see another living creature.

The Chansey called Nurse Joy. Joy ran in to see May, her orange locks flowing wildly behind her.

"Oh, I'm so glad you're ok!" Exclaimed Joy.

"What happened?" Said May.

"We found you and another boy at the edge of the forest!" Said Joy.

"Drew! Is he alright?" Asked May anxiously.

"He hasn't woken up yet, but he is going to be all right thanks to you." Said Joy. "And..... I'm sorry I didn't believe you before..."

"You mean he's all right! I was worried!" Said May.

"Of course, you can't get out of bed for awhile, you are not fully healed yet." Said Joy.

"Oh man, how is Roselia doing?" Asked May.

"Just fine! It has fully recovered and is by its trainer's bedside as we speak!" Said Joy. "Now please rest, you need it after all those injuries!" Scolded Joy.

"Oh ok." Said May.

May pulled a green blanket back over her head and fell back into a deep sleep.

In the room where Drew was, Roselia watched nervously.

Drew's eyes were tightly shut and his body was still. A few bandages covered his arms that lie over his blanket.

"Rose, Rose!" Cried the worried pokemon.

A Chansey nearby reassured it that everything was going to be just fine.

Roselia watched its unconscious trainer. Its eyes welled up with tears just at the thought of everything that had happened a few nights before.

As for Drew, he lie in a deep sleep. He was dreaming about a girl with brown hair and sapphire eyes. She had brought him joy and he dreamed of spending lots of time with the girl.

Who was this girl? She seemed very familiar in some other strange world.........

The next day, May awoke with a start. Joy was already in her room.

"Good morning May! Did you sleep well?" Smiled Joy.

"Yeah, I guess." Said May.

"Your friend still hasn't awoke yet, but I do have good news! You are fully healed and may get out of bed and do as you wish!" Said Joy cheerfully.

"Well, I'm going to go see Drew!" Exclaimed May.

"Please go back to your other room first and change back into your clothes." Said Joy.

May looked down at herself. She had a white shirt with white flannel pants on and her hair was combed straight without her bandanna.

"Uh, ok." Said May and ran to her other room.

Her normal clothes were already waiting for her. She quickly changed and ran up to a Chansey wandering the halls.

"Can you show me to Drew's room?" Asked May.

The pink egg pokemon smiled, nodded, and ran off. May followed it swiftly.

The Chansey then put its hand to it's mouth, as to tell her to be quiet.

May nodded and quietly followed the Chansey to a door.

May quietly pushed open the door and walked in. Drew still lie in his bed with Roselia asleep at his side.

"Roselia!" May said quietly.

Drew looked almost as if he was enjoying the deep sleep. Roselia shared his expression of happiness.

Drew's dream only got better and better......

"So Drew, where do you want to go today?" Said a cheerful girl.

"I dunno, you choose today!" Said Drew smiling.

The brown haired girl smiled and flipped a strand of Drew's green hair out of his face.

The two lie in a peaceful meadow filled with ever blooming pink flowers and warm sunshine.

"I found this flower for you, I think it's rare." Said Drew to the girl.

He handed her a purple flower that stuck out among the pink flowers around them.

"Oh Drew! It's beautiful!" Exclaimed the girl as she gazed at the flower.

The girl's sapphire blue eyes glowed with joy as they stared into each other's eyes.

"Oh Drew! You're so charming!" Smiled the girl.

"I feel..." Started Drew.

"Feel what? What's wrong?" Asked the girl.

"I feel as if I knew you from somewhere before, in another world, another life...." Said Drew.

The girl chuckled and gave Drew a little kiss. Drew blushed a little but then looked serious again.

" I feel as if someone out there is missing me, I want to see that person again." Said Drew.

"Who is it?" Asked the girl.

"I can't exactly remember the details but......" Said Drew.

"Ooo, please tell me Drew! I want to know all about this other person you know!" Squealed the girl, her brown hair jumped a little bit and her deep sapphire eyes glowed with excitement.

"Well, if you really must know, she was a girl, who looked much like you, brown hair, sapphire eyes, good natured..." Said Drew.

"Really! She sounds nice! What's her name?" Exclaimed the girl.

"I.....I can't remember, but I guess it doesn't matter much now...." Said Drew gloomily.

"Drew, does that mean that if I ever went away, you'd just forget me?" Said the girl with a serious look in her sapphire eyes.

"No, of course not, and what makes you think I'd leave you?" Chuckled Drew.

"Oooo, I just love it when you smile Drew! It makes me happy too!" Squealed the girl.

"But, I do wish I could meet that other girl again.........someday." Said Drew.

May watched as Drew's expressions changed while he was unconscious.

"I wonder if he's dreaming now." Said May. "I don't think I dreamed of anything or if it's possible but who knows..."Said May.

After awhile, May got bored and started squeaking her sneakers together. Roselia woke up and looked at her.

"Oh, sorry Roselia! I didn't mean to wake you!" Said May embarrassed.

But instead of angry, the pokemon smiled at her. Even though May didn't know it, Roselia really trusted her for saving Drew.

Roselia really cared about Drew. Roselia had been with Drew since the beginning of its life.

A young green haired boy sat under a bush to cover himself from the rain.

The sky was a deep gray, and no one was around for miles except the boy.

He had a saddened look in his green eyes as he stared down a muddy trail by the bush he was under.

The rain was starting to flood holes on the trail and the water level would soon reach the boy's make-shift umbrella.

Then he saw the whole sky turn from gray to pitch black. He jumped up and ran to the source of the darkness.

Behind a larger bush than the one the boy had been under, was a Duskull.

A baby Roselia lie just ahead of it. THe Duskull shot Shadow Ball after Shadow Ball at it.

The baby rose pokemon looked weak from all the hits it had taken. The young boy couldn't stand to see the Duskull hurt the baby any longer.

"Stop it! Stop hurting that pokemon! Why do you have to do that!" Screamed the boy.

"Who are you?" Said the pokemon in telepathy.

"My name is Drew! I won't stand here and let you hurt that pokemon!" Yelled young Drew.

The injured Roselia watched Drew. It was impressed by the boy's bravery and was glad he was there to save it.

"Fine then! You fight me now!" Yelled the ghost.

Drew rammed into the ghost with all his might. The pokemon disappeared and reappeared a few feet away.

"I waste no time on weaklings!" Said the Duskull and teleported away.

Drew stared at the spot where the Duskull had been and ran over to the baby Roselia.

"Are you going to be ok?" Said Drew worried.

The Roselia smiled weakly and simply replied, "Rose!"

Drew knew from the pokemon's look, that it meant "I want to come with you and fight by your side".

Roselia fainted as Drew picked it up. Drew grabbed a pokeball out of his bag and put the Roselia in it.

He had never wanted a pokemon and simply used the pokeball for fun, but the Roselia was different.

Young Drew walked down the muddy tail into the distance.

May looked hard into the pokemon's eyes.

"Rose!" The rose pokemon yawned.

May then stared at Drew. "Please be okay, for Roselia, and me...." Said May softly.

Roselia still looked a little thoughtful from remembering how it met Drew.

"Rose! elia!" Exclaimed the pokemon pointing at May's ribbon case sticking out of her fanny pack.

"Oh, my ribbons! You want to see them?" Said May.

The little rose pokemon nodded and jumped up. May opened her case to show Roselia her ribbons.

"I have only one right now, but I have participated in the Grand Festival before, and I even won once!" Explained May.

Roselia jumped in excitement. Drew stirred a bit, which attracted Roselia and May's attention.

Drew's green eyes were still tightly shut.

"Drew! Ever since you thought about that other girl, you haven't been the same!" Yelled the girl.

''I told you, I want to see her again, know her name....but I can't figure out how!" Yelled Drew.

"I am sorry to make you upset...." Said the girl sadly.

"It's not you...." Said Drew.

"How can I help? I just want to see you happy, even if it means leaving you" Said the girl. Her sapphire eyes looked sad but Drew could tell she just wanted to help.

"How? How can I get out of this meadow?" Asked Drew sadly. " I never want to have to leave you, and I will return someday!"

The girl sighed, "This world is a paradise. created in your imagination. You fell into a deep sleep somehow, and dreamed all this land up. You simply must wake yourself up."

"No! It can't be! I changed my mind! I'm not leaving you! I love you!" Screamed Drew with tears in his eyes.

"Drew.....you have to go back to your real world, it does exist. The other girl you mentioned, she's probably real too and you need to go back to her!" Said the girl gloomily.

"But!" Said Drew but got cut off.

"Drew! You have to stop dreaming! The real world is more important than your dreams! Now go!" Screamed the girl. Her sapphire eyes were tearful as well but she wanted the best for Drew.

"Remember Drew, no matter where you go, I'll always be there, in your imagination, if this other girl is like me, you'll always be happy."

"But, how do I get back?" Asked Drew.

"Hold my hand, I shall help you!" Said the girl.

Drew put his hand up to hers. Her hand felt soft, like a Skitty.

Suddenly, the whole world and the girl glowed with blue light.

"Good-bye Drew! In your other world, the girl you really love awaits!" Said the girl as she slowly disappeared as well as the whole meadow of flowers.

Drew strirred a bit more, and finally opened his eyes.

"Drew! You're ok! I was so worried!" Exclaimed May and gave him a big hug,

"What the......" Said Drew staring at May.

"Oh, erm, it was only a get well soon hug!" Said May blushing.

"Right, where's Roselia?" Questioned Drew.

Drew couldn't remember anything that happened in his dream, and still couldn't remember the girl that had just given him a hug or her name.

"Right over there!" Exclaimed May and pointed at Drew's cheering Roselia.

"Excuse me but, what is your name again?" Asked Drew.

"May! How could you forget?" Said May.

Just then, all of Drew's memories of May came back to him.

"Oh yeah! I guess I was sleeping too hard." Chuckled Drew.

The two kids laughed together, finally reunited.

Next chapter:
    Chapter 5
    Bokuto contest of love!

May and Drew have finally reached the next contest hall where they both hoped to earn a ribbon. A familer rival appears as Drew remembers a horrifying memory comes back to him!

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
    Good! Glad you like, I may not be able to get the next chapter up until tomarrow as serebii forums is down and that's where I have the other chapters posted :(

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    ^^! I really liked this one too, I liked all the flash-backs and dreams and all, that made it all the more interesting!

UmbreonMaster

Umbreon Morpher
    Years
    You know You should have saved all the chapters on like notepad, wordpad, or Microsoft Word.. That way if the forums were down again you could just go to the Chapter's file and Copy then Paste! That's what I do when I write a Fic(Which I suck at) But that might help you out.

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
    Yeah, I guess I was hoping for more comments but oh well. I guess it should be on a note pad ^^;

Rating: PG
    Chapter 5
    Bokuto Contest of love!

Drew walked down a trail though a thick forest towards the next town. His mind was buzzing with strategys for the next contest. May walked a few feet behind him.

"Why are you following me!" Yelled Drew at May. "I dunno, aren't you going to the next contest? I don't know where it's at, so I followed you!" Said May cheerfully. "I know you have a map! So what's your real reason for following me!" Said Drew annoyed.

"Ok, I was wondering if we could travel Hoenn together!" Said May shyly. "What!? No way!" Said Drew. "But, why not!" May whined. "Cause I don't need girlfriend yet!" Yelled Drew. "Huh?" Said May stopping. "Oh, er I meant I don't need a friend." Said Drew nervously. "Why not? Everyone needs a friend!" Said May.

"I don't!" Said Drew stubbornly. "Please!!!" Whined May loudly. "Oh, ok, but you better keep up with me!" Said Drew. Drew knew he really did want May to travel with him, but he couldn't bring himself to admit it. "Yay!! I can keep up!" Said May. She was acting very childish today. She was excited to see Drew still alive after the Cacturne inccident.

"You do know we have the next contest soon right?" Said Drew. "Duh, you'd have to be a Slowbro not to know that!" Said May. Drew flipped his hand through his green hair. "May! You didn't tell me you were a pokemon!" "I'm not stupid!" Said May, she didn't quite get his sarcasm.

"Well then I'd expect you know the next contest is in Bokuto Town right?" Said Drew. "Of course I do!" Said May. She didn't really know but she didn't want to sound stupid.

"Kuto in ancient Hoenn langauge means "love" and Bo means "young"." Said Drew. "What's your point?" Said May. "It means, in the next contest, only coordinators25 and under may enter, and it's double battling, but it has to be with the oppisite sex." Said Drew.

May was speechless. She clasped her gloved hands to her face. "Do I have to be paired with Drew?" She thought to herself. Drew smiled and chuckled a bit at her lost expression.

"So what pokemon are we going to use?" Smiled Drew. "Ah! Partners?" Said May in surprise. "May, I don't love you, I just want to enter this contest and win ok?" Said Drew trying to assure the young girl.

"Um, okay I guess." Said May as her face turned red in embarresment. "Look! Straight aheadd, there's Bokuto Town!" Exclaimed Drew.He took off in the direction of some large buildings.

"Hey! What up!" Yelled May and ran after him. She lost her bike awhile ago and still wasn't used to so much walking. She closed her sapphire eyes and ran with all her might. Unfortunatly, Drew had stopped at a skinny cliff over looking a grassy meadow with a path that lead to the city.

May accidentally crashed into Drew and they both tumbled off the cliff. May landed on top of Drew. "Oh er, sorry about that!" Said May quickly and jumped off. Her pale face turned into a deep red blush. She had to admit, it was kinda nice.

"What the h*** was that for?" Said Drew in surprise, it seemed he even enjoyed the fall. "It was an accident! I was running and a closed my eyes and..." May rambled on.

"It's ok....." Said Drew softly. "Are you ok?" He asked. "Oh, yeah I'm fine, but we should hurry to that contest!" Said May trying to get off the subject. "Oh, sure, let's go" Said Drew queitly.

There was long grassy trail ahead and it would take some time for the two to get to the end of it. A few short trees were scattered throughout the meadow and there wasn't a living soul to be found except for May and Drew.

"This path seems to go forever!" May whined. "This is the perfect oppertunity to have fun! Try and catch me!" Drew yelled and ran down the path.

"Wow he's weird" Said May. She giggled and chased after him. The two played until they could hardly walk. "I'm tired now, we may not make it to the next town." Complained May again.

"Shut your trap, if you keep whining, we'll never get there!" Snapped Drew. A few more boring hours later, Drew and May arrived in Bokuto City. "Look at all the clothing and jewlery stores!" May squealed.

Drew rolled his eyes and walked towards the Bokuto Contest Hall. "Come on May, we need to sign up for this contest!" He yelled at her. May ran up to his side, "Heh, sorry"

Drew pushed open the doors of the hall, which were shaped like hearts. He walked up to a lady at a desk. "We'd like to enter this contest...."Said Drew and handed the woman May's contest pass and then his.

" Aww, what a cute couple!" Squealed the woman as she scanned the cards in her computer. "We're not....." May started, but Drew put his hand over her mouth. "Just in time! You just got the last space for this contest!" Said the woman.

"Now go down that hall over there with the Luvdic sign, and you'll find the coordinator's lobby!" Said the woman pointing at the left side of the main room.

Drew pulled May down the hall as she rambled on about, "We do not like each other! We wouldn't make a good couple!" She had her arms folded tightly around her chest. "May, stop thinking about that, we need a good strategy!" Scolded Drew.

Drew pushed open a door that said "Coordinator's lobby". Inside were couples kissing on the benches and doing other love related activites. May scanned the pink and purple room, then she saw Harley.

"You're actually here Harley, who are you with?" Said May rushing over to Harley. "Oh, May, this Carla!" Said Harley pointing over to a mean looking lady. She had long curly blond hair and was wearing a white tank top, green pants and purple flip flops. She smacked some pink bubble gum in her mouth.

"She has green pants! She's perfect for me!" Squealed Harley. "And who are you with, May? "I came with a friend, Drew" She said cheerfully and pointed at Drew who was staring at one of his pokeballs on a nearby bench.

Harley's eyes got an evil look in them when he saw Drew. "Yuck, why are you dating that loser?" "He's not a loser!" Yelled May. "Whatever, now come on Carla, it's out turn to appeal!" Said Harley and grabbed the girl's butt as they walked out to the main stage.

May and Drew watched eagerly on a screen in the lobby, heat shaped of course. "We're almost finished with appeal rounds! Now it's Carla and Harley's turn! Remember folks, every couple must show love in their appeal!" Shouted Vivian.

Carla sent out a Fearow and Harley sent out his Banette. "Banette, do a heart shaped Willow Wisp!" Shouted Harley. His possesed doll pokemon jumped up and blue flames appeared around it. It threw it's flames together which created a firey blue heart.

Next, Carla's Fearow weaved threw the blue heat and made an arrow. "What an amazing appeal!" Shouted Vivian again. Harley snickered, "Easy!" As the "so-called" couple walked off stage, Vivian called, "Up next, May and her partner, Drew!"

May and Drew walked up the steps of the stage. They were the only team to come out not holding hands. May quickly grasped Drew's hand as they walked to center stage. "Now, what appeal will Drew and May use?" Exclaimed Vivian.

"Hmm, go Beautifly!" Called May. A sparkling butterfly pokemon emerged from the pokeball she threw. "Beautifly, eh? Go Masquerain!" Said Drew as he threw his pokeball. The pokeball released a white butterfly pokemon with orange wings.

"Silver Wind!" Both coordinators called. The butterflys were at different sides of the room as they shot out Silver waves through the air at the ground. The curvy waves made a heart shape on the floor, the heart shape on the floor sparkled with elegance.

The people in the crowd cheered really loud, and Vivian said, "How incredible!" When the appeal was over, May and Drew bowed and walked back to the lobby. On the screen where they had watched Harley, it now showed the two teams that advanced.

"We made it!" May squealed. "It wasn't that hard." Said Drew flipping through his hair. "Harley and Carla made it too! Looks like we're gonna have some tough opponets tomarrow!" Said May.

"Yeah.........." Said Drew. He stared at May closely with his deep green eyes. He had seen that man, Harley, somewhere before.

Next chapter
    Chapter 6
    To win an an impossible fight! Bokuto contest finals!

Drew remembers something horrifying about Harley, and the battle gets a lot tougher! Can Drew face his deepest fear and help May win the fight?

Last edited:

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Wow! Such a suspenseful ending ^^, I can't wait to read the next part :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back