• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More than just friends [Contest Shipping]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    ooooh i liked, it kept me on the edge of my chair ^^ I'm sorry i ahvent posted in a while!!! anyway I love your story so far and i can't wait to read more :D

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
    Thank you guys!! Next chapter up!

Rating: PG

Chapter 6
    To win an an impossible fight! Bokuto contest finals!

"Which team of coordinator couples will win the Bokuto ribbon? We'll see in this match between May, Drew, Harley, and Carla!" Shouted Vivian. May smirked and Drew looked confident as usaull, while Harley glared at Drew with evil eyes and Carla put on lipstick.

"Beautifly!" May shouted as she threw a pokeball. "Go Masquerain!" Shouted Drew as he fiercely threw his pokeball. Carla tossed out a Seviper. Harely continued to watch Drew.

"I'll get you! And you're really gonna be sorry for what you did earlier!" Harley thought to himself. Carla elbowed him in the side hard. "And I know just how to get my revenge" Finshed Harley as he sent out Cacturne.

Harley gave his pokemon an evil smile. The Cacturne nodded and pretended to shoot at Masquerain but planned to hit Drew instead. Drew had lost all his memories from the day a Cacturne nearly killed him, so didn't seem to notice the attack.

"Urgh, Beautifly! Silver Wind!" May shouted. She knew what the Cacturne was doing. "Cacturne, Sandstorm!" Shouted Harley. "Wait, Cacturne can't use Sandstorm!" Said Drew. "Well mine can ha ha ha!" Laughed Harley.

The Sandstorm didn't come close to Beautifly, it hit May instead and blinded her. Her brown hair whipped in front of her face as she struggled for a breath. She choked on the whirling sand. Harley knew that she knew what he was doing and didn't want her to get in the way.

"Harley! What are you doing?" Screamed Carla. She was very mean natured but even she couldn't bare to watch the young girl suffer. "Don't interfere Carla!" Chuckled Harley.

"And now, Cacturne, use your Pin Missle on the boy!" Screamed Harley. The evil cactus sent out poison needles right at Drew. Drew was watching May struggle in the twister and he turned around to see Pin Missle coming at him.

Then, at that very moment,he remembered everything that happened the night he was so badly injured.

Drew sat atop a tree branch and watched the full moon. He sighed as he thought about his injured Roselia back at the Pokemon Center. "Roseil!" A pokemon called.

Drew looked down at the ground and saw his rose pokemon standing below the branch he was on. "Roselia! You're supposed to be healing at the Pokemon Center!"He scolded.

A worried look came over his pale face. Drew jumped off the branch and landed perfectly in front of Roselia. He picked up the flower in his arms and climbed back up to the tree branch.

"Just look at that moon Roselia!" He said happily. "If only I could bring May here to see it" He started. "Rose?" Asked Roselia. "No! Are you crazy! I don't like her!" Shouted Drew.

Just then Drew heard a scream. He and Roselia jumped of the branch and ran towards the scream. There was a large tree. A man dressed like a Cacturne leaned against the tree trunk.

He had pinned a Tailow to a tree and was punching it for fun. "Leave that pokemon alone!" Shouted Drew. The man turned hs face to Drew, it was Harley!

"And why should I?" Said Harley as he punched the pokemon once again. "Leave it alone! Go pick on someone your on size!" Drew yelled. "I can do what I want, and some little brat like you isn't going to get in my way!" He yelled.

Drew had left all his other pokemon back at the Pokemon Center and he didn't want to risk hurting his Roselia anymore. Drew flung himself at Harley. He managed to get Harley to let go of the Tailow which then flew away.

Harley grabbed Drew by the neck and punched in the stomache. He then slashed at places all over Drew's body. Drew felt weak but still tried to fight back.

Harley dragged Drew to an even larger tree. Behind him, he left puddles of blood which Roselia followed. Once the rose caught up to them, Harley had now pinned Drew to a tree.

He sent out Cacturne and the Cacturne's eyes glowed brightly. In a full moon Cacturne are very powerful. "How perfect.." Chuckled Harley. "Urgh, help.." Cried Drew weakly.

"No one can save you now!!" Screamed Harley. He threw Drew down to the ground and grabbed a rope out of his bag. He pinned Drew to the tree again and tied the rope on too.

Drew was to weak to fight back and just allowed Harley to tie him to the tree. ''I'm going to let Cacturne finish this one! And maybe you'll let me kill a pokemon the next time, that is, if you live!" Said Harley and ran into the thick woods leaving only his Cacturne behind.

The Cacturne peirced Drew's body over and over again with Pin Missles. Then Roselia jumped in and protected Drew from at least 5 attacks. "Roseila.......no...." Said Drew weakly, there was nothing he could do to stop it because he was still tied to the tree.

Roselia gave up and fainted then Cacturne slammed into Drew and made him unconsious as well.

Drew watched in horror as the Pin Missle was about to hit him, but Masquerain jumped in a used Bubble to knock the glowing missles down. "Thanks Masquerain!" Drew smiled at his pokemon.

May was finally freed from the sand twister. "Beautifly, Silver Wind that Cacturne!" May yelled with anger. Silver Wind hit Cacturne hard but it got back up.

Oficer Jenny and Vivian tried to run up to Harley, but he thrust them back with his arm. He jumped over to May and Drew's side a grabbed May by the neck and jumped back over to his side.

"Let her go!" Yelled Drew. "Let's not make this like the forest inncident!" Chuckled Harley. May struggled in his arms but couldn't break free. "Seviper, Poison Tail!" Commanded Carla.

The snake's tail glowed purple as it smacked it against Cacturn's face and knocked it Cacturne out. "Carla? Why?" Said a puzzled Harley. "I can't watch you hurt other people and pokemon! I hate you!" Screamed Carla as she returned Seviper to its pokeball and ran away.

Drew slammed into Harley hard. May fell out of his arms and into Drew's. She was unconsious and luckily still alive. Harley got back up but Officer Jenny came behind him and put handcuffs on his wrists.

"D*** you! D*** you all! I'll get you back! I will!" Shouted Harley as Jenny took him away. Drew gently srtoked May's hair and clasped her hand tightly. "May........." Said Drew softly.

She slowly woke up to find her head lying in Drew's lap. She swiftly sat up. "Drew! What happened?" Exclaimed May. Officer Jenny got 'em! And you're ok too!" Said Drew happily.

"And you?" Asked May. "Not a scratch!" Said Drew. He gave her such a warm smile, one she had never seen before. Vivian ran up to the two. "I think you two deserve these ribbons." She said softly.

She handed them both a pink ribbon. "I'm sorry for the battle mix up..........." Said Vivian.

May and Drew walked outside the contest hall."I should have never trusted Harley...." Said May quietly. "What really happened the night with the Cacturne?" She asked.

Drew told her the story with every detail. "How could you forget that?" Said May. "I dunno, being unconsious must have messed with my memory or something..." Said Drew.

The two walked through another quiet forest path talking togther. They both had two ribbons now on their journey through Hoenn.

Next Chapter:
    Chapter 7
    Sableye Surprise!

A strange new Pokemon has discovered May and Drew, it finds them very interesting! Drew and May just want to have a good night's sleep, will they get it with a Pokemon poking around?

Margot

Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    THAT WAS SOOOO GOOD!!!! :D and wow Harley is mean, butt hats ok I'm not to fond of hm anyway, as i said b4 keep up the great work and I can't wait to read even more :D

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
    Rating: PG [Swear Words]

Chapter 7
    Sableye surprise!

Drew and May walked slowly through a wispy forest, almost all the tree's had no leaves, it was Fall.

The colorful leaves that littered the ground crunched under Drew and May's feet.

Drew had not talked to May since they had left Bokuto Town. Every once in a while, May would open her mouth to speak, but then stop herself.

May's pretty blue eyes looked ever hopeful that Drew would eventully say something, to reassure her she wasn't alone.

Drew stared the ground queitly. He didn't even try to look at May once.

Finally May got tired on waiting for Drew to say something and blurted out, "Why won't you talk?!"

For the first time in hours, Drew lifted his head to look at her. A gentle breeze blowing through the leafless forest blew his green hair around a bit.

"And why should I talk?" Said Drew smirking.

"Well! Because.......uh..." Said May.

"Ah hah! There's no good reason!" Said Drew and went back to quietly staring at the tan brown trail they were walking opon.

May scowled at his remark, but realized there was nothing she had to say to him anyways.

May stared at him as they walked along for another few minutes, but got bored quickly and pulled out her contest guide.

"Ah, the next contest is in Iokota City! It says here that they're famous for having high tech contests!" Said May excitedly.

"Looks like you need to study your contests more" Said Drew.

"What do ya mean?! I already know about all the contests!" Yelled May.

"Don't you have the contests memorized by now? Any real coordinator would have known every contest hall by heart" Said Drew flicking his hand through his hair.

"Shut up! I don't need to hear your bragging!" Said May who was red-faced.

Drew smiled at her and murmed something very softly that sounded like, "She's so cute when she's angry"

The bright orange sun was slowley disappearing over the horizen, which could be easily seen through all the dead trees.

"Ok, I don't like dark, let's set up camp!" Said May nervously.

"Aww, afraid the boogy man is gonna get ya?" Said Drew sarcastically.

"Argh, shut up!" Said May furiously.

Drew and May set up their camp for the night. The sun was almost fully down.

"Make fire!" Said May and threw two sticks which hit Drew directly in the forehead.

"You do it! And watch where you throw those sticks!" Said Drew rubbing his head.

"Oh, you wouldn't honestly expect a poor innocent girl like me to make a fire?" Said May with her best impression of puppy dog eyes.

"Oh fine whatever...." Said Drew.

Drew began to rub the two flimsy sticks together with all his might. He rubbed harder and harder until his face strained and the sticks broke.

May giggled from inside her Torchic themed tent. Drew turned around at her, his expression was quite funny to May.

"It's not funny! Why don't you try it Miss Perfect!" Yelled Drew.

May walked over to the logs and the broken stick bits. She kneeled down, grabbed some of the larger broken stick peices and began to rub them together over the fire.

Within a minute, a fire had sprouted from the two sticks.

"Arrg! How did you do that!" Said Drew stunned.

"Have I already told you this? Girls are just naturally better!" Chuckled May.

She secretly hid a match in her hand so Drew wouldn't know anything. Drew grumbled a bit but then said, "Why don't we let the Pokemon get some exercise?"

He threw out his three Poke Balls. Roselia came out of the first one, then Masquerain, and finally Flygon.

May let out her Pokemon too, but all the Pokemon seemed to enjoy the crisp evening breeze that blowed through the small forest.

"Know how to cook?" Asked May.

"Uh, no you?" Replied Drew.

"Just try it! I bet you're a great cook, you just haven't realized it! I've got some supplies in my bag!" Said May excitedly.

She ran into her tent and came out with loads of ingredients. Drew nervously looked at the pile of food.

''Uh...what do you want me to make?" Said Drew.

"Ooo, surprise me!" Said May and ran into her tent with her Delcatty.

"Oh great" Mumbled Drew. "How'd I get myself into this job..."

About an hour later, Drew stared at the dinner he had cooked. It was in ball form and was brown, it almost looked like mud balls that he had seen people put in secret bases.

"Er...May, dinner's done..."

May sprang out of her tent over to Drew. She looked carfully at what he had made.

Drew stared at her twisted expression. He could just imagine her yelling at him for the poor job he had done.

May gave the food a wide smile and said, "Looks delicious!"

Drew stared at her in amazment. May quickly grabbed a plastic plate from her tent and plopped the brown blobs onto her plate.

Within minutes, all the food [or whatever it was Drew had created] was gone.

May simply smiled and said, "It's the best thing ever tasted! Told ya you were a great cook!"

Drew sighed but smiled a little, he felt happy to make May happy. By this time, the sun was completely down, the only light came from a few stars and a small slit of the moon.

The tall outlines of the dead trees stood out especially. May tremebled a but and ran into her tent with her Pokemon. Blastoise and Venusaur slept outside the tent, but May snuggled up close to her Blaziken and Delcatty.

Drew slept in a small green and purple sleeping bag by the warm fire.

About midnight, a strange purple Pokemon with jeweled eyes climbed through the tree branches near the camp.

It noticed the glowing fire and curiously jumped from the tree down to the camp.

The strange purple creature stuck out a clawed hand into the fire. It pulled it back quickly because of the heat in the fire hurt it.

It turned around and saw Drew. "Sableye..." Said the mysterious Pokemon.

The Saybleye stared at Drew for a long time with it's large blue jeweled eyes, but it eventually got bored and noticed May's tent.

The Sableye crawled swiftly to the tent, careful not to wake the sleeping Pokemon just outsid of it.

The purple Pokemon jumped on May's tent and crawled all over it to examine it. It apparently was so loud, that May was awakened quickly.

May saw a strange shadow crawling all over her tent. May let out a peircing scream in fright which woke Drew up too.

The Sableye was examining the back of the tent, so Drew didn't see what had scared May.

He slowly got out of his sleeping bag and walked towards May's tent to find out what was wrong.

May busted out of her tent and bumped into Drew. She was only half awake, and didn't notice that she fell back asleep in Drew's arms.

Drew blushed as he stared at May, but his happy feelings were quickly destroyed as the curious Sableye came out from behind the tent laughing to itself.

Drew was frozen in his place as the weird Saybleye climbed back up a tree and out of sight.

Drew sighed with relief to see the weird creature gone. He too, was still very tired and slumped to the ground, May still in his arms.

The next morning, May awoke in Drew's arms by the fire, or at least what was left of it.

She jumped up quickly and tried to hide her blushing because Drew awoke too.

"What the h*** happened last night?!" Demanded May.

Drew slowly got up from his sleeping postion and simply said with a handsome smile, "I dom't remember............"

Next Chapter:
    Chapter 8
    Jounery through the mountains! Mysterious caves!

Drew and May must walk through a difficult cave if they want to reach the next contest! The really bad part is, it's almost completely dark, and that's one of May's worst fears! Will they make it?

Last edited:

Margot

Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    yes every story does need a bad guy :D . another great chapter (i really should be more original with my comments :P) this was a very cute chapter and as always can't wait to read the next chapter!! ^^

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
    Cool, now this place is gonna be all caught up with my posts on serebii, so chapters will start to become less often

Chapter 8
    Journey through the mountains!

After days of walking through the dead cold forest, May and Drew came to a stop just outside the last tree of the forest.

Before them was a steep path that led up to a large cave opening on the side of a large gray mountain.

"That mountain is huge!" Exclaimed May.

"Gee, ya think?" Said Drew sarcastically.

May eagerly ran towards the mountain path's starting point. A few yellow daises grew in the soft dirt along the path.

Drew eventully caught up with May, he did not like running. May's eyes sparkled at the sight of the tall mountain.

"Why are you so eager to get up there?" Asked Drew. He gently flipped through his hair, which sparkled in the afternoon sun.

"I want to get to the next contest like any other good coordinator!" Said May.

Drew sighed as May began to walk the steep path. Drew followed behind her. In a few spots on the mountain, there were flat ledges where a few Pokemon were playing.

Only a few pine trees grew near the path. In one of the pine trees, a familer purple Pokemon sat in a branch cackling as it watched Drew and May walked down the path.

The Pokemon had realized that Drew and May had gotten further down the path while it was laughing! "Saybleye!" Said Sabyleye as it hopped into a branch of the next pine tree.

May and Drew were almost to the cave. "Just in time! Looks like the sun's just about going down!" Said May.

They finally reached the flat area that lie just before the massive cave opening. Drew propped himself against a tree and eventually just sat down.

"What are you doing?!?!? We have a cave to explore!! We can't just sit here!!" Screamed May.

"Geez, I thought I'd take a rest, got a problem?" Said Drew, but just as he finished his sentence, May began to run closer towards the cave.

Drew groaned but slowly got up and followed her. As they walked in, a few lamps sparkled along the wall.

"Looks like some one has set this up for travalers!" Said May.

She kneeled down to a small wooden sign that read:

"Beware of Pokemon and....."

The rest of the last word appeared to be chipped off.

"Beware of Pokemon?" Said May nervously.

"It's proably just some stupid kid trying to scare people, get a grip" Said Drew slightly annoyed.

"Oh, uh ok...." But May was not convinced.

A little further through the cave and May said, "With all this light, we'll be in the next town in no time!"

May had spoken too soon. Sabyleye was clinging to the long chain of lamps and started chewing the wires. It chewed through and the lights all went out.

The Sabyleye laughed at the darkness. It stared right at May and Drew, it's jeweled eyes sparkled.

"Wha..What is that?!" Said May nervously pointing at the Sableye's shining eyes.

May grabbed Drew's arm quickly. Drew looked at her and his pale face turned a little red. He enjoyed May getting scared now, it was an excuse to touch May.

May closed her eyes as tight as she could as Drew looked around in the dark, hoping for the light to come back on, even though he knew it wouldn't.

May looked as if she was about to faint. "What's wrong with you May? I've never seen you like this!" Said Drew watching May.

"I...I....I don't....I don't like.....d-darkness" Said May stuttering.

Drew felt as though he could be a hero and bravley carried on through the darkness, May hanging on his shoulder in fear.

Sableye could see better in the dark, as it followed them through the cave. Drew had no idea where he was headed, but strangly, with May he felt brave.

"SABLEYE!!" Shreiked the Pokemon through the darkness.

May slowley and very quietly whimpered, "W...what was that?"

Drew cautiously looked around himself, but only saw darkness.

The Sableye was having a good time watching the two lost coordinators. It giggled with glee and shot a huge dark purple ball at Drew and May.

The Shadow Ball hit the ground at Drew and May's feet, the floor collapsed.

Drew and May fell down through the deep laberinth. Drew held on to May tightly, although he could see nothing.

Drew felt himself hit a rock solid ground hard.

"Geez, anyone here ever heard of a soft landing" Said Drew sarcastically.

"May? May, where are you!"

Drew waited for reply, but heard nothing but a few bits of rock crumble.

"MAY!!! WHERE ARE YOU?!?!" Called Drew desperartly, but again heard no reply.

He scrambled to his feet and began to feel his way through the dark.

Drew heard a steady breathing noise. He leaned down to the ground to see what the noise was.

He reached his hand out and felt something soft. "May!" He exclaimed.

He leaned down closer and saw her face a little. Her eyes were shut tight, but she was not dead. She had become unconsious during the fall.

"May...." Said Drew sadly. He helped pick her up.

"Grr, don't worry May, I'll get us out of here" Said Drew bravely.

He pulled May's limp body over his shoulders and trudged through the darkness of the cave.

"Light!" He exclaimed. It was true, although small, there was a peak of light.

Drew pulled himself closer to the light, which he found to be coming from a fire lit lamp.

It was still part of the cave, but it was lit up by the fire. Drew pulled May towards the lamp.

He examined her just to make himself feel better. May eyes were still tightly shut, her breathing still light.

"I...I...I miss her..." Said Drew shakely.

It was true, he stared at her blank face as if he expected her pretty blue eyes to be full of excitement like before.

"I shouldn't have picked on her"

"What? Is someone there?" Called a strange voice.

Drew leapt up and quickly looked around him. An experienced looking adult was making his way torwards Drew.

"What are you doing here?" Asked the man. He stared at Drew with his gray eyes, which strangly made Drew feel warm.

The man had matching hair color, and a purple and black outfit.

"Oh...yes we were trying to get to the next contest through this cave, and we got lost" Said Drew.

"Lost? Oh, well my name is Steven, former champion of the Hoenn League. What do you mean by we?" Asked Steven.

Drew turned sadly towards May. "Oh my! The poor girl, let me have a look!" Said Steven who expressed a worried look on his face.

He leaned down to May. "Unconsious, yes....I see..." Said Steven.

"How did this happen?"

Drew explained the cave in and how they just mysteriously fell through the floor.

"Odd, the floors here are too sturdy to just fall on their own, must have been a Pokemon!" Said Steven.

"So, what are you doing here?" Asked Drew.

"I heard of some rare rocks, it's a hobby of mine, so I've been studying this cave for months now! Not a trace of rare rock though" Said Steven.

"So, that means you know this cave pretty well, maybe you could help us get out?" Said Drew hopefully.

"Oh yes! Of course! Hold on, that girl..."

"May"

"Yes, that glittering, by her head....." Said Steven.

He ran over to May and pulled a glittering stone from underneath her.

"A Thunder Stone! How fortunate!" Exclaimed Steven as he examined the yellow rock.

"But yes, I have promised you a way out, we should go now" Said Steven quietly.

He shoved the stone in his pocket and said,"Come this way, bring May too!"

Drew hoisted May on his shoulders again and followed Steven a few yards away from the spot where he had found the stone.

Steven stopped at a short but steep wall. "If you can climb this, the exit is just at the top!" Said Steven.

"I dunno, I've never really been a good climber, and with May....." Said Drew.

"Hmm, yes that's a problem al right..." Said Steven. "All I've got are steel types!"

Drew thought hard and then exclaimed, "May's Venusaur!"

"Excellent thinking, its Vine Whip can easily get you out of here!" Said Steven, a kind look was set in his deep gray eyes.

Drew dug through May's yellow pack around her waist. He finally pulled out a poke ball and through it at the ground.

May's green plant Pokemon appeared. "Venusaur!" It roared. It saw May quickly and ran over to her.

"Don't worry, she'll be ok, but we need your help" Said Drew.

The plant Pokemon stared at Drew for a moment, not sure if he could be trusted. Then it looked back at its trainer and nodded bravely to Drew.

"Can you use your Vine Whip to get May and I to the top of that cliff?" Said Drew gently.

Venusaur agreed and grabbed Drew around the waist with a thick vine, and put him atop the cliff.

Next, it put May next to Drew. Still unconsious, May fell over, but Drew caught her and held her up. He returned Venusaur to its poke ball.

"Thank you Steven!" Called out Drew.

Steven smiled and waved. "Good luck in your next contest!"

Drew grinned and his emerald eyes sparkled in the sunshine coming through the cave's exit.

May's sapphire blue eyes fluttered open. She was still pale, but managed to stand up straight.

"Drew!" She exclaimed.

Drew chuckled and said, "Have a nice nap?"

May smiled back as the two young coordinators walked out of the cave into the nice morning sun.

They had only just gotten outside the cave when a beautiful city full of skyscrapers shined before them.

May had spotted the contest hall through all the tall buildings.

"Come on Drew, that contest is waiting for us, and I'm not gonna miss it!" Exclaimed May as she took off down the trail to the city.

Drew smiled, a bigger smile than ever before, and ran after May.

This next contest meant another ribbon, one step closer to the Hoenn Grand Festival!

Next Chapter
    Chapter 9
    The spotlight is on May!

May and Drew try to enter the next contest, but the contest only has room for May! Can May win this contest, alone?

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
    I also wanted to add, that I'll be starting a PM list, when you ask to be on it, I'll send you a PM when the next chapter comes out! Please post to be on it!

Margot

Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Great chapter and steven showed up!!^^ also please put me on the pm list!!

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
    Chapter 9
    Harley's Revenge! Double Rescue Misson!!

"Ugh, May come on! We're gonna miss registration for the next contest!" Shouted Drew. May was slowly following him. They were on a pretty trail not far from the mountain's exit. The trees shimmered in the sunlight and various Pokemon curiously watched the two pass through the forest.

"But I'm tired" Whined May.

"Too tired for the contest May?" Said Drew.

Those words perked May up a little bit. She finally sped up to Drew's side and a tad bit faster. "When is the contest registration over?" Said May curiously.

"It's over in an hour, you should know that already." Said Drew irritably.

May blushed, embarrased but then resumed to one of her favorite activities.

"Reporter May on the scene!" Said May holding her fingers in a camera like position. "We're on our way to the next Pokemon Contest where exciting adventures await us! But for now, we appear to be lost in a forest with only the guide of Drew!"

"Give it a rest May, besides, we're not lost you know" Said Drew impatiently.

"Well at least I'm trying to keep myself entertained! Better than you staring at the ground all the time" Said May angerliy.

Drew seemed flushed for a moment, but realized May was right. Looking down seemed like an odd habit to him. He had done it ever since he got Roselia and was alone. Now that he was with May, he felt like he wanted to look at her, but his habts forced him to look down. He truely wanted to see May's shining grin every morning, her happy-go-lucky nature, but he also felt like it wouldn't be cool to act like he was interested in a girl.

"Uh, Drew? Are you ok?" Said May.

Drew blinked and realized he had stopped suddenly just to think about May. "Oh....er sorry about that, just thinking about something........."

"Ya know, I was thinking about something too." May sighed. "Do you.....Do you ever think that one day we might be.....More than just friends?"

Drew stopped again and looked up at May speechless. Somehow, Drew was very good at staying calm and keeping his cool in these situations, so he simply shrugged and said, "I dunno.....maybe someday if we always stick together...."

By Drew's reaction, May suddenly realized the seriousness of her question and blushed. "Drew.....I can tell you have something on your mind. You think about it when you stare at the ground. What is it?"

"I'm not thinking about anything that serious" Said Drew cooly.

"I don't care if it sounds stupid to you, just say it, I might be able to help you!" Said May.

Drew sighed. He didn't want to have to tell May what he had always been thinking about, but he felt he had to do it sometime, and May requested now. "Ok......well....you know how you always get mad at me for not talking..." Muttered Drew.

"Yeah?" Said May.

Drew looked as though he really didn't want to say what he was about to. "Well ya see, I've never had a real friend like you before May, I don't know what it's like. I'm an only child, I have had no one my whole life until I met you! I want to talk to you! I want to see you! I can't......" Shouted Drew.

"Drew......" Said May gently. "Does.....Does that mean you had no parents there?"

"Yes, my parents loved and cared for me a lot and supported everything I did, but I had no other kids my age around. You remember what it was like being little and just wantng someone your age around who really understands you!" Said Drew sadly.

"Yes.....yes I suppose..."Said May quietly.

"What's wrong wth you now?" Asked Drew.

May sadly shook her head. "I don't know what happened to my parents, or my little brother Max....."

"Max?" Said Drew curiously.

"Yeah......" Murmered May.

"How come? Or would you rather not talk about it here?" Asked Drew.

"It's ok.....if you really do want to know...." Said May. Then she explained to him everything she remembered.

"Now kids be careful in the water, May watch your brother please" Said a middle aged woman. A younger, 8 year old May, was splashing water at her brother on the shores of a large sandy lake. May was in a blue bikini, her mom was in a pink one, and her brother had on green swim trunks.

"Oh mom, we're ok! We don't plan to go in the water!" Said May.

"Yeah!" Exclaimed her little brother.

"See, Max agrees! You can trust us mommy!" Said May happily.

"I know, but as a mom I just have to worry sometimes......" Said May's mom.

"Come on Max! Sand Castles!" Exclaimed May as she pointed to a sandy spot of beach a few feet away.

"But I like the game we're playing now!" Whined Max.

"But we've played it for so long now, why can't we just build a sand castle?" Argued May.

"Sand Castles are stupid " Muttered Max.

May sighed. "Fine, have it your way" May splashed a giant wave right into Max's face.

"That wasn't funny! You'll pay!" Shouted Max, but deep down May knew Max enjoyed it as he flung a clump of sand into May's mouth. She immeaditly spit out what she could. Max giggled happily as May tried everything to get all the sand out of her mouth.

Then Max looked towards the horizen line on the water and saw the setting sun turn into the seven colors of the rainbow. "Mommy! Mommy look! The sun!" Squealed Max.

May and Max's mom looked at the sun. "That's odd. The sky does weird stuff sometimes" Said their mom sleepily as she lie back down on a lawn chair and closed her eyes.

"Ok....." Said Max, still not convinced.

Suddenly, a large beach ball hit Max and flung him into deep water. May looked over and saw some careless people hitting the beach ball back and forth.

"May! Mommy! Help!" Screamed Max flailing his arms around madly in the water. May couldn't believe her mom hadn't heard him. May sighed and dove into the water and swam over to her thrashing little brother.

"Max, calm down I've got you" Said May patiently.

May pulled her brother into shallow waters when the rainbow sun suddenly blinded them. It appeared the sun was moving towards them, but as it approached May saw that it was a Ho-oh. Its firce eyes glowed red and it's beautiful orange feathers glowed in seven colors.

It took one of its large talons and tried to grab Max, but May pushed him out of the way and got caught in Ho-oh's massive talon instead.

"May!" Screamed Max. Ho-oh slowley rose higher and higher and it took May out of Max's reach and flew away. May fainted in fear.

She only remembered waking up somewhere really strange. People around her said she was in Littleroot Town of the Hoenn Region.

Drew quietly stared at May. "Oh......um...I'm sorry...."

"But it's all in the past now! I try not to think about a lot" Said May.

Drew went back to staring at the ground. He didn't really want to admit it, but he did feel a little sorry for May. Drew had always remembered having his parents around to cheer for him when he first started contests. He knew that they had to stay home, but watched him in every contest with pride. Before Drew had met May, he had always thought og it as his inspiration to keep trying and get better with every contest.

May sighed, she was a little tired of Drew never talking. If he had such nice parents, why is he so quiet? Even if he didn't have any brothers or sisters.....

"Hello little Drew, we meet again!" Said a familar voice from a nearby tree.

"Who was that?" Asked May.

A man dressed like a Cacturne jumped down from a shadowy tree. "Heh, thought you'd reconize me, it hasn't been that long!" Said the man.

"Harley!" Shouted May.

"Yup, that's my name, and don't wear it out!" Said Harley with a smirk.

"What do you think you're doing interupting us on the way to our next contest?" Demanded Drew.

"Oh, you should know Drew! I of course, was eavesdropping on your little conversation! A little unexpected though......" Said Harley.

"Shut up with those lame excuses, what's the real reason you're here!" Shouted Drew.

"Glad you asked, see, that little Rose thing of yours, it's pretty cool, perfect for someone like myself, the thorns are amazing....." Said Harley, but was inturupted by Drew.

"Get to the point!"

"Ok, Ok, no need to get all worked up now!" Said Harley in a falsey sweet voice. "Anyhow, I'm here to steal that little Roselia! So hand it over like a good boy!" Demanded Harley.

"Drew would never give up Roselia! Especially to a creep like you!" Shouted May.

"Oh is that so? I guess we'll just have to do this the hard way then, let's have a little battle, your Roselia VS. my Aridos" Said Harley.

"Drew! Don't do it!" Cried May.

"If he doesn't, I'll just get Roselia anyways" Said Harley with a wide grin.

"I guess I have to.....Go Roselia!" Said Drew as he threw out his red and white poke ball. Out of the ball came Roselia. It smiled at Drew. "Ok Roselia, battle your best today, this creep really wants you and I don't plan to lose you" Said Drew.

"Rose!" Chirped the Pokemon and stared fiercley at Harley.

Harley grabbed a black and purple poke ball and threw it at the ground. It opened to reveal a creepy, colorful spider Pokemon.

May watched the spider nervously, then looked into Harley's cold purple eyes. It suddenly hit her what Harley was planning to do.

"String Shot!" Commanded Harley.

Aridos shot out a thick, sticky white string that was aimed right for Roselia. It was going very fast and that's when Drew caught on to Harley's plan too.

"You dirty cheater! I should have known! You're just going to capture my Roselia with String Shot without any battle at all!" Shouted Drew.

"Oh, too bad for you!" Said Harley with another smirk of delight.

Drew attempted to have Roselia dodge, but the string was too fast! All of a sudden, May jumped in front of Roselia and prevented the attack from hitting Roselia. May got hit instead and the sticky thread had her stuck in place.

"Ooooo! This works nice too! Aridos, reel her in!" Said Harley.

Aridos grabbed the string with its skinny legs and pulled the trapped May right to Harley. Harley pulled May from the string and then grabbed her around the waist and held her there.

"Let her go!" Screamed Drew.

"Oh no! That wouldn't be any fun at all!" Giggled Harley, holding the struggling May without much force. "But I still don't plan to leave without getting what I came for! Aridos, make this String Shot the fastest you've ever done!"

Aridos once again shot a sticky thread at Roselia, but this time, the string was going really fast! Aridos managed to catch Roselia like May, and pull it to Harley.

"No!! Not Roselia too!" Cried Drew.

"Heh heh, this turned out so much better than planned! Sorry Drew, I have places to be!" Said Harley as he jumped back into the tree with May and Roselia.

"Drew!! Help!" Cried May at the last second.

Drew ran to the base of the thick tree, but by the time he got there, Harley was out of sight. "D*** him. He won't get away with this...."

"Rrr, go Flygon!" Said Drew throwing another poke ball out. This time, Drew's fierce green and red dragon, Flygon, came out.

"Fly!" It Cried.

"Ok Flygon, we need to find May and Roselia, let's go!" Said Drew as he climbed onto Flygon's back. The large dragon beat its massive wings a few times before lifting off the ground.

Drew scanned the trees below him, no sign of movement except for a few wild Pokemon. Drew forgot all about contest registration, but it wouldn't be important anyways. Not with May and Roselia missing........

Meanwhile, Harley had taken May and Roselia to a small, one-roomed cabin in the middle of the dense forest.

"Oh Roselia, your trainer is so thick! The only reason I really want you is to get my revenge! That Tailow may have gotten away, but you will not!" Said Harley. "Oh yeah, Aridos, please make sure our guests stay for awhile......"

Aridos shot the sticky string once again. After a few minutes, Aridos stopped shooting the string and looked happily up at Harley. May had her hands and feet tied together with String Shot, while Roselia had its roses tied together.

"Good work Aridos!" Praised Harley. "Drew will sure be missing you two, ha ha!" With that, Harley returned Aridos to its poke ball and walked out of the house, leaving May and Roselia alone and defenseless.

"Ha, that ought to teach Drew not to mess with me!" Said Harley, very satisfied with himself.

He jumped back into another tree to try and find Drew to taunt him more.

Drew gave up on the aerial search and tried a ground search with Masquerain instead.

Suddenly, a small green Pokemon landed on Drew's shoulder. "Ahhh!" Screamed Drew. The Pokemon flew off his shoulder and landed neatly on the ground. Drew recovered from the surprise and looked at the little Pokemon.

"Treecko!" It said in a soft, high voice. The Pokemon had a large green tail, red belly, and bright yellow eyes.

"Oh....it's only a Treecko..." Said Drew.

"Ko! Tree! Ko!" Exclaimed the Pokemon, pointing its finger at something.

"I'm sorry Treecko, but I'm looking for a friend, I'll play with you some other time"

Treecko looked as if it were about to explode. "Tree! Tree!"

"Do you know something about where my friend is?" Asked Drew in amazement.

Treecko nodded and jumped back onto Drew's shoulder. It pointed towards a small path.

"Wow, you sure aren't afraid of humans, well, if you're willing to help, I'll take it!" Said Drew as he ran in the direction that Treecko pointed.

After a few minutes, Drew and Treecko heard a rustle in a tree, and Harley jumped down. "Ha! I was looking for you!" Exclaimed Harley.

"Let go of May and Roselia!" Shouted Drew.

"Too bad I no longer have them! Go find them or else!" Said Harley gleefully and then ran off.

"Ko....." Muttered Treecko, but was soon pointing Drew to May and Roselia's location once more.

Finally, with Treecko's help, Drew found the small cabin. "I'll bet you anything that's where Harley put them!" Said Drew angerliy. Treecko nodded and jumped off Drew's shoulder and ran towards the door. Drew caught up with just as it was using a powerful Pound attack to break down the door.

Drew silently slipped inside. He flipped on a light switch by the door, and the lights turned on. In one corner of the room, Drew caught sight of May and Roselia all tied up.

"Ah! May! Roselia!" Cried Drew happily.

When he reached them though, both appeared to be in great pain, but were'nt moving at all. "Uh.....May? What's wrong with you two?"

Treecko ran over to Drew's side and carefully examined the two still bodies. Treecko nodded and sent out a puff of orange, sparkely powder.

"Oh I get it! But no! Not a Stun Spore attack!" Cried Drew."What can I do to save them?"

Treecko paced back and forth a few times but then suddenly bolted out of the cabin. "Oh great, that's a real help" Said Drew sarcastically. He had Flygon Flamethrower through May and Roselia's binds, but still couldn't figure out how to help them recover from Stun Spore.

Treecko came back about an hour later with an odd leaf. It was shiney and blue! "What is that Treecko?" Asked Drew curiously.

Treecko didn't say a word, but instead cut the leaf in two. It walked over to May and Roselia with a smile on its face. First it put one side of the leaf over Roselia's mouth. Roselia woke up slowley, but when it saw Drew, it jumped into his arms.

"Roselia! You're ok!" Exclaimed Drew as he hugged his Pokemon. After a minute, he set Roselia down and anxiously prepared to watch Treecko awaken May. Treecko repeated the process and put a half of the shimmering blue leaf over May's mouth. This time, it didn't work. May was still frozen and in major pain.

"What! No way! It didn't work!" Cried Drew. Treecko looked surprised too. "Uh.....anymore idea Treecko?"

Treecko sadly shook its head. "Well there's got to be some kind of cure, I'll take her to the Pokemon Center, they'll know what to do! Hey Treecko, do ya think you could navigate me again? You can use my Poke'Nav if you know how" Said Drew.

Treecko nodded and Drew handed it his Poke'Nav. Treecko stared an awe at the little yellow machine. Drew returned Roselia to its poke ball and hosted May on his shoulders. "Poor May....."

With Treecko's navigational help, Drew managed to safely get out of the woods and reach the Pokemon Center, but it was sun down.

"I'm glad you brought her here when you did, any longer and I'm afraid......" Said Nurse Joy.

"You can heal her right?" Asked Drew anxiously.

"Of course!" Said Nurse Joy as she sprayed a little bit of medicene on May's body. "There! A good night's sleep and she'll be all better!"

Drew sighed with relief. "That's good" Then he suddenly remembered the Pokemon Contest. "On no! We can't enter the contest now!"

Treecko tugged on Drew's purple jacket. "Oh yeah, thanks Treecko, I almost forgot that some things are just more imporant than battling! Hey Treecko, you should go back to the forest before it gets too dark ok?"

Treecko sighed sadly. "I think that Treecko wants to go with you!" Said Joy with a cheerful smile.

"Is that so Treecko? Do you want to come with me?" Asked Drew. The Treecko smiled and jumped into his arms. Drew couldn't help but smile too at his new contest partner. Things were actually going to work out afterall!

May, still unconsious, had to be helped to bed by Drew, who looked forward to seeing her bright, cheerful smile the next morning!

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
    Aww, you guys are too nice! I don't plan on stopping just yet, it just takes a while to finish a chapter because of homework. Thanks for the support though, it's your compliments that keep me going!

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
    Finally got around to finishing a new chapter ^^

Chapter 11
    Treecko's training! A new sun, a new day!

The early morning sun rose high into the sky as the hours went by. Drew, was of course, up early. Even though Nurse Joy had said May would be fine, he couldn't help but worry a little. By now it was 8:00 and most of the trainers and Pokemon were all still asleep.

Drew and May were staying in an average Pokemon Center room. Two oak bunk-beds, a window, and a nightstand. Where there wasn't beds, the room had enough space for trainers to walk around a little bit. Trainers weren't expected to do anything but sleep in the rooms anyways.

Drew had lie in bed staring at May's stiff body for what felt like hours. He had finally decided to get his mind off of it by doing a little training with his new Treecko! He had gone outside the Pokemon Center in an open field not far away. He had taken May's Poke'Dex as well to learn a little bit more about Treecko.

The field that Drew was in was clear of any other trainers and Pokemon. Drew guessed that they were all still sleeping like the people and Pokemon in the Center.

"Ok Treecko, let's go!" Called Drew throwing out a poke ball that released Treecko. "Hello Treecko, or I should say good morning!"

"Tree!" Exclaimed Treecko happily as if to be saying hi back.

"I'd like to see a little bit of your skills so I know what to do with you in a contest!" Said Drew gently. "I already know you have advanced navigation skills, and can even read a Poke'Nav, but I'd like to know some attacks that you can do."

Drew pulled out May's Poke'Dex and pressed a green button. Immeaditily, a mechanical female voice told Drew all about Treecko. "Treecko. The Wood Gecko Pokemon. Treecko has small hooks that enable it to scale verticle walls. Treecko attacks by slamming foes with its thick tail"

"Well I guess I know who to call on when I need to climb a tree! Let's see what attacks you can learn!" Said Drew happily. "Ok, so do you know Pound attack?"

Treecko nodded and walked over to a nearby rock. With a powerful jump, Treecko did a cool twist and hit the rock hard with its tail. The rock crumbled to pieces.

"Wow! That's pretty good! Do you know Bullet Seed?" Asked an impressed Drew.

Treecko nodded again and shot glowing yellow bullets from its mouth.

"A strong Bullet Seed too, I guess you're pretty strong already!" Said Drew. "So, how about a practice battle to warm up!"

"Tree!" Said Treecko, accepting the battle.

"Alright then, go Masquerain!" Called out Drew throwing another poke ball that released Masquerain.

"Ok Masquerain, do your best against Treecko!" Said Drew to his Pokemon.

Treecko and Masquerain faced each other. Drew stood behind Treecko. "Alright Treecko, start by using Bullet Seed!" Commanded Drew.

Treecko happily obeyed and shot the glowing yellow bullets from its mouth. All of a sudden, the attack was shot down by an Overheat attack!

"Who stopped by battle?" Said Drew.

Suddenly a happy looking Blaziken appeared a few feet away from Drew.

"Oh! Blaziken!" Exclaimed Drew. He reconized it as May's Blaziken immeaditly from its nature towards Drew. May's Blaziken had always been playful and kind around Drew and his Pokemon.

"You look so happy, and you're out of you poke ball, that means May is awake?" Asked Drew anxiously.

Blaziken nodded. Drew smiled and Treecko climbed to his shoulder as Blaziken led the way back to the Pokemon Center.

Joy stopped him when he first entered though. "Quiet! Just because she's awake doesn't mean you can't wake other trainers!" Scolded Joy.

"Sorry, I'll be more quiet" Said Drew. He wasn't really paying attention to what Nurse Joy had said and ran down the hall to his room as soon as Joy let go of him. He was about to burst open the door, but figured May probably wouldn't like it much.

He slowly opened the door and walked up to May's bedside. "Blaziken! I thought you told me she was awake!" Whispered Drew.

"I am" Said May sleepily as she opened her eyes. "I was simply taking another small nap while Blaziken was out" May fully pulled the blankets off of herself. Still dressed from the day before. As she tried to get out of bed, she fell back down.

"May! What's wrong?" Said Drew.

"Oh...well I guess I'm still not fully recovered yet" Said May.

"Stay in bed and rest then. Stun Spore is a harsh attack, anyone would have to rest for awhile to fully recover from it! My Roselia still isn't fully recovered yet etheir!" Said Drew.

Then May noticed the Treecko on his shoulder. "Hey Drew, who's Treecko is that?"

"Oh, this is my Treecko, it helped me get you here and it liked me a lot so I caught it! I think Treecko will be great in contests!" Said Drew proudly.

"Speaking of contests, you missed it didn't you?" Said May sadly.

"Oh, yeah......but don't worry about that now! You just concentrate on getting strong again!" Said Drew.

"Yeah, I won't be getting out of bed today it looks like. Hey Drew, will you take my Pokemon out to get some exercise?" Asked May.

"Uh....sure! Not a problem, they could use some more strength" Said Drew.

"Hey! My Pokemon are plenty strong! The only way their gonna stay that way is by getting out of their poke balls often.

"Yeah sure, now give me your poke balls, I'm going back out to that field." Said Drew.

May pulled her yellow waist bag off and pulled out 5 poke balls and gave them to Drew. "Blaziken is already out, so that's one less Pokemon you have to worry about!" Said May with a little smile.

"Ok, well, get some rest May, I'm gonna go train" Said Drew flipping his finger through a strand of his shining emerald colored hair. "Oh yeah, got something for you" Drew flipped a very pretty rose into May's lap and walked back out of the room.

May stared at the rose for a moment then smiled and just imagined what it could mean. She put it on the night stand next the her bed and sunk back into a deep sleep.

Meanwhile, Drew, Treecko, Blaziken, and Masquerain all headed back down to the field. When they reached it, Drew threw out all 5 of May's other poke balls.

Out of the first one came Venusaur, who roared happily to be out in the sunshine. Second was Delcatty, who simply meowed and fell asleep. Third was Blastoise, who shot out a colorful jet of water at the sun. Next was Beautifly, who's wings sparkled and shone brightly. Last to come out was Snorlax, who as you can guess, was asleep.

"Well, since May's Pokemon are all out, go Flygon!" Said Drew throwing out one of his poke balls. Flygon came out beating its wings and cheering. "Now May and I have all our Pokemon out, come on Treecko, ket's have some fun!" Exclaimed Drew.

Drew led all the Pokemon to a carnival that was near by. Blaziken, Blastoise, Venusaur, and Flygon all went for the Haunted Ghost Pokemon House, while Delcatty, Beautifly, and Masquerain went to an obstacle course. That left Snorlax who just decided to sleep through everything. Treecko stayed by Drew the whole time.

Drew watched the Pokemon all go on the fun rides in the park. Drew was worried Treecko might get jealous, but Treecko seemed to be happy staying next to Drew.

"Tree" Said Treecko twitching its nose.

"What's wrong Treecko?" Asked Drew.

"Ko!" Said Treecko as it sneezed hard. Its hand glowed for a moment and it crushed a giant hole in the gound

"Wow, that was cool!" Said Drew taking out the Poke'Dex.

"Crush Claw. The user tears at the foe with sharp claws to reduce HP" Said the Poke'Dex.

"Wow, you learned Crush Claw just like that! Incredible!" Said an amazed Drew.

Treecko smiled happily. Then it heard a voice and sharply turned its head to see. "Hey! That was a pretty good Crush Claw attack!" Said the voice.

A kid, not too younger than Drew, ran up to Treecko. He had jet black hair, large glasses, and a warm smile. His shirt was green, his pants brown, and he carried a small yellow backpack on his back.

"Uh thanks?" Said Drew uncomfortably to the kid.

"Oh! So you're this Treecko's trainer? Hi, I'm Max!" Exclaimed Max.

"Nice to meet you Max, I'm Drew! And this is my Treecko" Said Drew.

"How'd you like to battle? I have a pretty good team of Pokemon, but I wanna face that awsome Treecko!" Exclaimed Max.

"I'll take a challenge anytime, Treecko and I were just about to do some practicing!" Said Drew. "You up for a battle Treecko?"

"Let's go to a more clear space, I want to have room to attack!" Said Max.

The two boys went back to the empty field, Treecko sticking close to Drew's side. "Ok Treecko, I choose you!" Said Drew to Treecko.

Treecko nodded and faced Max in a battle ready position.

"Ok then, go Kirlia!" Commanded Max throwing a poke ball out. Out of the ball came a graceful Pokemon. It focused its deep red eyes on Treecko and struck a pose.

"Treecko, use Bullet Seed!" Commanded Drew. Treecko obeyed and shot the yellow bullets from its mouth. Kirlia glowed with a blue light and suddenly made the bullets disappear!

"What happened Treecko?" Said Drew nervously.

"Kirlia stopped your attack with Psychic!" Said Max happily. "Now Kirlia, use Psywave! Use speed to your advantage!"

Kirlia's eyes glowed blue and shot massive blue waves at Treecko swiftly. The attack hit Treecko straight on, and Treecko hit the ground with a thud and fainted.

"Treecko? Can you keep battling?" Said Drew.

Treecko didn't speak. The match was over and Max had won it.

"Great battle! That was an impressive Bullet Seed! I wouldn't expect you to beat me though, that Kirlia evolved from my Ralts, which was my first Pokemon! We've been training hard for years!" Said Max helping Treecko up.

"So Max, are you a Pokemon Coordinator?" Asked Drew.

"Oh....no. That's not what I do at all. I'm not really a trainer or a coordinator! I sorta research Pokemon and train them, while looking for someone" Said Max.

"Looking for someone?" Repeated Drew.

"Yeah, my big sis, disappeared when I was really young, so I set out to find her again" Said Max. "So I take it you're a coordinator then?"

"Yup! I'm traveling with a friend right now, and we participate in contests together!" Exclaimed Drew.

"So how many ribbons do you have already?" Asked Max curiously.

Drew pulled out his case and shoved it in Max's face. "3 already here in Hoenn!"

"Three already? I don't know any coordinators with that many, I've never met one with more than one ever before!" Exclaimed Max.

"Oh, well my friend has two I think" Said Drew.

"Two! Your friend must be really good too! If your friend travels with you though, where are they?" Said Max.

Drew sighed. "Well, ya see. This guy attacked us yesterday and she got Stun Spored pretty badly. She's already awoken once, but she's still not strong enough to travel again, she can hardly get out of bed! So I lefther to rest back at the Pokemon Center so I could train Treecko a little bit. Her Pokemon are with me though"

"Oh, that's so sad! Can I see her Pokemon though? I bet they're cool!" Exclaimed Max.

"Uh, sure! They're all enjoying the carnival though" Said Drew.

"There's no point and ruining their fun then! In that case, can you tell me their names?" Said Max.

"Ok, let's see.....Blaziken, Blastoise, Snorlax, Delcatty, Venusaur, and........Beautifly!" Said Drew trying hard to remember all six of May's Pokemon.

"Wow! Those sound like some awsome Pokemon! What's your friend's name by the way?" Said an amazed Max.

"May! You know what's funny, she said she got seperated from her brother named Max when she was younger as well" Said Drew with a chuckle.

"No way! My sister's name was May!" Exclaimed Max. "I'll bet its really her! I've been searching all my Pokemon journey to find my sister! Can I please go see if it's really her?" Said Max excitidly.

"Well sure, I see no problem, but be quiet, I think she might still be recovering" Said Drew.

Drew returned Treecko to its poke ball and led Max back to the Pokemon Center, and once inside, to Drew and May's room.

Max and Drew slowly crept inside. Drew went to May's bedside and slowly woke her up. "Huh, what is it Drew?" Said May sleepily.

"You have a visitor, check it out" Said Drew quietly pointing to Max. "This is Max!"

May stared at Max for a moment and then said, "Max.....is that really you? My little brother?"

"May! It really is you! Remember! We got seperated when we were younger and I came to find you!" Said Max happily.

"I do remember....I missed you so much! I'm sorry you have to see me this way" Said May sadly.

"Drew told me what happened, are you going to be ok?" Said Max with a worried tone.

"I'm sorta weak now, but I'll get stronger and I'm sure I'll be ok!" Said May confidently.

"May......who ever that crook is! I'll find him and give him what he deserves!" Said Max angerliy.

"It's ok Max, Officer Jenny is already on the search and besides, maybe I want to be with my little brother a little longer" Said May.

Max giggled and smiled. May smiled too. Drew enjoyed the moment as well, in his own way of course. He was glad to see May happy when she was still hurt from the day before.

"I'm going to go out with Treecko for a little while longer, May here are your poke balls, I think your Pokemon enjoyed themselves" Said Drew gently putting May's poke balls on the night stand next to her bed.

"Thanks Drew! Hey Max, you were always facinated by Treecko when you were younger, so why don't you go out with Drew too?" Suggested May.

"Are you sure? I do want to go, but I don't want to leave you alone" Said Max.

"Oh Max! I'm older remember! I can take care of myself now! Now go enjoy your time with Drew and Treecko ok?" Said Max strongly.

"Alright then, if you say so!" Said Max happily.

"Come on Max, back to the field, and May, just rest....."Said Drew.

He and Max walked back down to the field, Treecko clinging to Drew's shoulder.

Max pulled out a poke ball. "Sceptile go!"

Out of Max's ball came a tall green Pokemon with calm yellow eyes. It smiled and called, "Scept!"

"A Sceptile! It looks pretty strong too! My Treecko will be like that too someday!" Exclaimed Drew patting the large Pokemon.

"Tree...."Said Treecko nervously.

"It's ok Treecko! My Sceptile is very friendly, I think you two could get along well together!" Said Max.

Treecko nodded at Max and ran over to Sceptile. The two Pokemon appeared to be training and playing on and off.

Drew and Max talked until nightfall and watched the Pokemon. Max told Drew of all the places he had travled and trainers he had met. Drew told Max about his and May's travels and how awsome Pokemon Contests were.

When the crescent moon was visible in the clear night sky, Drew told Max that it was getting late and that he was going to go back to the Pokemon Center. Max had agreed to meet them at the next contest.

Drew wearily made his way back to he Pokemon Center. He slowly crept into May and his room so he too could rest. He noticed May sleeping quietly and she had a cute smile on her face.

Drew leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on her cheek.

"Once you're all better, I will be too" Said Drew as he removed his purple jacket and threw it on the ground as he fell into May's bed sleepily. He almost immeaditly fell asleep.
    -------------------------------
    "Ahh! What are you doing in my bed!?!" Shrieked May, smacking Drew hard in the back of the head.

Drew groaned and sat up. "I see you're feeling all better now"

"I know! But that still doesn't answer my question!" Snapped May.

"Hey, take it easy, I just wasn't thinking straight last night" Said Drew, although it seemed as if May knew the truth.

May gave Drew another sharp blow to the head before she felt satisfied with herself. Drew rubbed the spot where she had it him and rolled out of the bed. He picked up his jacket off the floor and slipped it back on over his black sweater.

"Ok, enough drama already! It's bad enough we missed the contest" Said Drew as though he was trying to bring up new topics.

"We missed it?! Makes me hate Harley even more" Said May bitterly.

"I wouldn't exactly say you were quite ready though. I haven't seen you train once" Said Drew.

May opened her mouth to speak, but said nothing. She knew Drew was right, but from now on, it wasn't going to be that way! May was going to train the moment she got outside! That would show Drew!

The two set off again in search of their next contest and their next adventure!

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
    Chapter 11 Whiscash in the dark forest! Finding the light in darkness!
    Rating:PG [Uh just to be safe I guess]

Drew and May had stopped for a break by a large but beautiful crystal clear lake. Drew had no intrest in the lake, but had let Treecko out of its pokeball to enjoy the nice day. May however, couldn't keep herself away from the lake.

"Ah! Monster!" Screamed May suddenly.

Treecko jumped to Drew's shoulder as he ran to May's side. "May! For crying out loud! It's a Whiscash! Not a monster! Just a fish Pokemon! It can't do anything but flop around!" Said Drew, a little annoyed. Just then, the fish shot a thick stream of dirty mud in Drew's face, Treecko jumped off Drew's shoulder just in time to dodge.

What he said looked to be pretty true. The "monster" that May had seen was just a Whiscash dropping in for a visit. It was about the size of a meduim sized dog. It was a shiney blue with sleek yellow whiskers coming from the sides of it's mouth. It had a big stupid looking smile.

May giggled. "Ok, so it shot out a little mud puddle, it's still weak!" Said Drew. Once again the Whiscash opened its mouth and this time, shot Drew in the face with water.

"Guess you got your daily bath!" Said May, still giggling.

"WILL YOU CUT THAT OUT!" Yelled Drew. The Whiscash however, did not stop enjoying itself. It rammed Drew hard in the stomech and he fell back into the water.

"Hey Drew! Stop playing around!" Said May in a sing-song voice.

Drew's head came back up above the water, his emerald hair drenched and hanging over his eyes, and his clothes were soaking too. Even Treecko couldn't help but laugh a little.

"Great, this is perfect...."Said Drew sarcastically.

------------------------------

After the little ordeal with the Whiscash, Drew and May were forced to take an even longer break. Drew had to get his clothes dry. He took off his purple jacket and hung it over a tree branch as well as his pants.

This left Drew in his boxers and black sweat shirt. "What are you laughing at?" Said Drew looking over at May who was now giggling uncontrollably and pointing at Drew's boxers.

"You are so perverted..."Muttered Drew as he sat down on the grass and sighed. The Whiscash still
    flopped along the shore of the lake.

May ran over to play with the fish. "Aw, it's so cute Drew! Look at that little smile!" Squealed May.

"If it's so cute, then why don't you catch it?" Said Drew bitterly.

"Yeah! Great idea! I'll catch it! This will be great for Pokemon Contests!" Exclaimed May, already pulling Blastoise's pokeball out of her pack.

"Ok Blastoise! Let's catch Whiscash!!" Said May throwing her ball in front of the Whiscash. Blastoise looked fierce today. It's brown shell gleamed in the bright sun and it showed of it's thick mucles.

"Try a Hyrdo Pump!" Commanded May. At her words, Blastoise's cannons game up from it's shell and it shot a powerful jet of water at Whiscash. Whiscash didn't dodge, but got hit by the attack. It hadn't been affected at all!

"Hey! That was supposed to do some serious damage!" Said May.

"Duh, it's a water type, your water type moves aren't going to do much against it" Said Drew.

"Oh that's right! Uh.....Rapid Spin then!" Said May.

Blastoise pulled its head and limbs inside its shell and began to spin swiftly and spin towards Whiscash.

Whiscash shot mud from its mouth and stopped Blastoise in its tracks! "What happened!?"Said May puzzled. With that, Whiscash jumped back into the lake and out of sight.

May sighed. "Return Blastoise...." Then she turned to Drew. "You know we're not leaving until I catch that Whiscash right?"

Drew looked stunned for a moment. "But May! We've got to get to the next Contest Hall!"

"I know, that can wait" Said May proudly.

"No it can't! May do you even understand how much time we have before the next contest!" Said Drew, almost hysterical.

"Yeah, a year, that's a long time" Said May.

"No it's not! There are limited contests May! We can't just skip of a few just like that! No!" Said Drew stubbornly.

"Ok fine. We'll stay for one day and then move on!" Said May.

Drew sighed, one day was a lot of time to him, but just glad that May wasn't staying forever, he said nothing.

"Alright Blastoise, search that lake! We've just gotta catch that Whiscash!" Said May confidently. Blastoise obeyed and jumped into the sparkling blue lake to find Whiscash.

Drew felt himself leaning on a nearby tree and then suddenly sunk down. May sunk down beside him as though she really wanted to chat.

"What?" Said Drew irritably.

"Nothin'! Just thought you might wanna talk or something" Said May cheerfully.

"Not really" Said Drew quietly.

May didn't reply and Drew was glad as he was tired of talking about pointless go-nowhere topics. May and Drew sat quietly against the tree for a few moments, not daring to look at each other. Drew's mind was buzzing. He was thinking about the night before when he had kissed May. It was certainly not like him to even like a girl!

Finally, a loud splash from the lake broke the silence. Blastoise's head appeared and it waved a large claw to May.

May stood up. "Did you find it!?" She Exclaimed.

Blastoise nodded and showed May it's hands which were holding a wriggling Whiscash. Blastoise threw it to the shore and jumped after it.

"Yeah! Ready for another battle!" Said May, but then she noticed that the Whiscash was already knocked out. Thinking quickly and grabbing an empty poke ball, May threw it at the shining blue fish Pokemon. When the ball hit Whiscash, it was absorbed into May's poke ball in a red light. The ball wobbled back and forth before finally stopping. May had caught it.

"Yeah! I caught a Whiscash!" Said May happily as she picked up her poke ball of the ground.

"Impressed with yourself?" Said Drew. "Blastoise should be getting the credit for this"

"I know that!" Snapped May. "Like any of your Pokemon are as good"

"Oh really? Is that what you think? How about a little battle then? Your Whiscash verses my Treecko, we'll just see who's better" Said Drew with a confident smirk. Then he flipped May a bright red rose. "Good luck to you May"

May threw her poke ball to the ground, and Whiscash reappeared, flopping around with the same goofy smile. Drew threw his too, which of course released Treecko.

"Uh....let's see.....what moves can Whiscash do?" Said May trying to remember the attacks it had used on Drew earlier. "Oh yeah! Use Mud Shot!" Said May.

Whiscash stopped flopping and shot a large dirty mud ball at Treecko. Drew found it hard to command an attack. Treecko got hit hard in the stomech.

"What's wrong Drew? Too good for you?" Said May with a smirk.

"Uh no, not at all....Treecko use Ember" Said Drew.

Treecko turned and looked at Drew as well as May. "Uh Drew, Treecko can't learn Ember" Said May, forcing to hold back a giggle.

"Yeah, I was just tricking you" Said Drew nervously. He wasn't afraid to attack the Whiscash, but it was May's and well....Drew felt like he couldn't attack.

"Not such a show off now huh? Go Whiscash, finish it with a Body Slam!" Called May confidently. Whiscash used its small light blue tail to lift itself into the air and on to Treecko. Whishcash made a clean hit and practically killed Treecko from its massive body weight. Drew recalled Treecko.

"Wow Drew! I was convinced you were a really good trainer!" Said May happily hugging her new Pokemon.

"I am....."He muttered. Why didn't he attack her? Or dodge any attacks? Was it a weakness to Whiscash? Or May? Drew thought to himself for a while, slumping back against the tree and falling into a deep stare at a pretty, fluffy white cloud over head.

"Oh yeah! In all the heat of the battle, I forgot I can only carry 6 Pokemon with me at a time! I'll send
    Venusaur back" Said May. She pulled out her poke dex and placed Venusaur's poke ball inside. It glowed white for a second and disappeared. "There...."Said May.

May realized Drew was acting even more quiet than usual, if possible. "Drew?" She said suddenly. Drew jumped at the sound of his name but then went back to thinking......staring at the one cloud......

"Are you.....ok?" She said slowly. "Is it the battle?"

"Uh.....no! Not at all!" Said Drew quickly. May shrugged and went back to play with Whiscash.

Drew's mind started to wonder. Why did he get in bed with her the night before? Why had he kissed her? He hadn't known her that long. It wasn't that Drew was mad at himself, just curious at his own acts. Was it the right thing to do? To get the point across to May?

Drew got up and walked into the darker shades of the tree. May hadn't really noticed, who would? Drew was way too quiet. He sighed and walked further. '

This side of the forest was very different from the breezy field he and May stopped to take a break. It was dark from the thick branches belonging to the giant trees. The ground was muddy, no sunlight came through so grass couldn't grow. Drew didn't mind much. He just wanted to be left alone for a while.

All of a sudden, blue flames appeared out of no where and surronded Drew. Drew panicked for a moment, not knowing what was going on. He tried to duck and go under the flames but they always went to his level. Drew was scarred to touch the flickering blue flames and tried calling for May.

On a branch in a near by tree, Sableye sat lauging as it directed the flames with its clawed hand. The flames were just an illusion, and Drew fell for it......

------------------------------------------
    "That was an awsome battle Whiscash, you really are better than you look!" Praised May holding the slippery blue fins of her Whiscash. Whiscash smiled and nodded.

She turned around to brag to Drew again about her victory, but realized he was gone! "Such a strange, strange kid" Said May. "Where could he have gone then?"

Whiscash tugged at May's leg and then pointed its head towards a dark patch of trees. "In there?" Said May nervously. "I guess......"

"But then again, maybe I should just leave him alone? Nah, not in my nature to stay out of other's business!" Said May cheerfully. She pulled Whiscash into her arms and began to stroll into the forest.

Once inside, May began to lose confidence. "It sure is dark in here" She said nervously glancing at the dark outlines of trees.

Then May heard a familar voice, "May!!".

"That sounded like Drew! Hold on, I'm coming!" Said May. She started to run towards the sound of Drew's voice.

She came to a wide clearing, there she was Drew crouched on the ground with his arms over his head.

"Drew! What's wrong?" Said May.

"Don't you see the flames! Help me out here! Don't just stand there!" Snapped Drew.

"I think your being cranky has caused you to see mirages Mr.Smarty Pants!" Said may sarcastically.

"Huh?" Said Drew standing up. He put his hands through one of the illusions. "Hey! It's just an illusion after all!"

"Geez, and they call girls crazy..." Said May quietly.

All of a sudden, the flames glowed a bright blue. "Hey I can see the flames now!" Said May pointing at the blue balls of fire circling Drew's head.

"Ahh! That means--"

"It's a Willow-o-Wisp attack! Drew watch out!" Finished May.

The flames started to take turns dive bombing Drew, and Drew was some how managing to dodge them all, but with difficulty.

Then, Whiscash jumped out of May's arms. It's tail fin began to glow and lighten the dark forest brighter than the eerie blue flames. Next, Whiscash used its glowing tail to jump up and slam something small up in a near by tree.

Sableye tumbled down, and the flames it was apparently controlling, disappeared. "May! That was an Iron Tail attack!" Exclaimed Drew.

"And that's that pesky Sableye again!" Said May.

"Uh May, I think it's knocked out, let's just get out of here for now" Said Drew, grabbing May's hand and pulling her out of the forest, Whiscash flopping along.

------------------------------------------
    "Ah! I'll never complain about the sun ever again!" Said May as she put on a big smile.

"We'll see about that in the next contest" Said Drew with a familar smirk.

"Oh yeah!? And why is that?" Said May.

"Ugh, of course I wouldn't expect you to know. The next contest happens to be in Solarzia Town, in that contest, you use Fire and Grass type Pokemon only." Said Drew.

"Of course I knew that!" Said May, turning a little red.

"Yeah ok, save your talking for the contest, we still have a while to go, according to my Poke'Nav" Said Drew.

The two walked down a new path, looking towards a brighter future, and a very promising Solariza Town waiting ahead. What new adventures await? What challenges are just ahead? May and Drew are soon to find out!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back