• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Annoying Video Game Enemies and Video Game Moments

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I forget to mention a few:

Halo: Combat Evolved: Flood Infection Form: All they do is run up to you and impact against your shields; not very lethal, but still annoying as heck. If your shields are down, however, they'll eat the flesh off of you.
    Flood Combat Form: Unless you've got a shotgun, they won't be staying down for long.
    Flood Carrier: It's not a pretty sight when a bunch of these guys are exploding all around you. Even if you survive the explosions unscathed, you still have to be prepared for the swarms of Flood Infection Forms that are gonna be running towards you pretty soon...
    Covenant Hunter: Really tough to kill if you don't have a rocket launcher and/or a pistol.
    Covenant Elite (with Energy Sword): One hit from a sword-wielding Elite almost always means certain death.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Fury of Ninetales said:
    Super mario world (for the original gameboys), pionpi, these guys can only be killed w/ fireballs and whenever u jump on them, they just come back to life
    I believe you mean Super Mario Land. Super Mario World was a SuperNES game. And Land was not just a GB version of world like how Donkey Kong Land was to Donkey Kong Country (they tried to make it a sequel, but it wasn't).

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    Shocker, in Ultimate Spiderman. Why the hell doesnt he stay in jail? XD

LishaKara

オレスシ。
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    Neo Shadows. THose things on Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix and Chain of Memories. *twitches* Ugh. Even Trinity Limit doesn't kill those freakin' things. X_________x'''

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    TyranitarDragonMaster said:
    In LoZ: The Minish Cap. In the end, you fight Vaati. Before you do, you go through and fight a bunch of tough enemies that could hurt you bad. Also, you're timed here. After that, you fight him. After you beat him down, he comes back:dead: . After you beat hima again, the castle starts to collapse. Just before you make it to the... uhhh. I forgot it's name, he confronts you, and you have to fight him AGAIN!! That fact that he was so stubborn really cheesed me off.
    I don't think it's actually timed. A) There's no timer B) If there were then I'm apparently able to play that section with the exact same speed everytime 'cause the three bells ring at the same time.

Ruby Adams - you're annoying me today. Contribute more to the discussion then "this game sucks". Maybe a reason would be nice? Or something relevant to the thread what part of the game annoyed you so much that you think it sucked? *deletes your last post*

Kenta-kun

死神
    Years
    That d*mn Spider Guardian in Metroid Prime 2. I've essentially mastered those games, but it usually still takes me two tries to beat the little bugger.

Rin-Rin

RUG HEADS! :3
    Years
    Oh, God...The Dark Genie in Dark Cloud. It's not difficult if you're actually patient and upgrade your weapons a lot, but if you're not prepared...:dead:

Curse you, 3-formed thing of hell! >(

^Evil thing of hell :dead:

Eig

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2008
    Monster Rancher Advance 2: A white Pixie (forgot name) in E Class tournaments:
    This Pixie dodged almost all my moves, and was attacking like a Donphan on rampage xD But thankfully, my Bowmew defeated her. She was annoying like... ahem, ahem.

Pokemon R/S: Catching a Wingull on a early Water Route:
    Well, I was surfing, surfing, surfing, and only things that I encountered was... 7-20 LV Tentacools. xD xD I think there was more than 50 of them. Then a Wingull appeared, but... these Tentacools appeared again xD So i flied to Rustboro... Yeah, that moment was annoying... Gah...

Dysnomia

Kickin it Jack Bauer style
    Years
    • Age 37
    • MD
    • Seen Jan 12, 2006
    Jurassic Park (SNES): I was never able to beat that game when I was a kid, I would always get so far and then get lost in the raptor nest or something stupid like that. Last year I decided to sit for like 5 hours straight and finally beat the game. WORST ENDING EVER!!! I was so mad that I wasted so much time on it.

Kaibitsu

FFTA Blue Mage
    Years
    I'm bored so I'll just post my list..

Alex Kidd: Miracle World- Old game on sega, I hated it when I got upto the final level on alex Kidd after beating Janken the Great where you have to step on a bunch of tiles in order. I was on 1 life when I stepped on the wrong tile and A Ghost came out and killed me. Took me 2 hours to get there and then the annoying game over screen came up with the music. So I hate the ghosts on it aswell.

FFX: Most annoying boss ever for me was Evrae. Took me literally hundreds of tries to beat that *Woody pop* boss because he kept petrifying my people.

Medabots: Metabee version- Versing Sloan once he has those stupid bumble bee things that use anti-sea. MOst of my medabots are sea so he kills them in one hit. And his stupid fat gorilla medabot thats really slow but has awesome defence and a really powerful laser.

Thats about all I have to say. :dead:
    P.S- Woody Pop means word I would say when I'm angry but it doesnt come up on here.

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
    I hate it when, in any fire emblem game, the enemy with 9% hit rate lands a hit on my unit, and my unit with 93% hit rate misses TWICE! GOD!! so annoying.

Kurosaki

Tales of Symphonia - The Abyssion battle. That battle can drag on forever if your levels aren't high enough, and chances are slim you'll lose if you aren't over level 65. >>

Gundam SEED: Neverending Tomorrow- Trying to take down 100 mobile suits in a Sky Grasper.

Lost in Blue- Trying to make your first fire. Hey, I didn't know you had to blow into the DS microphone to make the fire grow, XD

InuYasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask- Attempting to take on a demon as just your main character.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    My browser's aacting stupid and I can't access the last few posts here. But I think this thread was inactive for a while. If not, someone who can see the entire thread please unlock it.

Eig

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2008
    What game enemy scared you when it first popped up?

Mine are...

Redeads (LoZ: OOT)

Need any explanation? These things scream like, erm, pork that is chopped, plus, it is annoying and it looks scary.

Wolfos (LoZ: OOT)

These things are annoying, and scared me too... My first meeting with it:

Something: *howls*
    Me: What was that?! *gets a little scared*
    Something: *howls*
    Me: *turns Link into the side where something is howling*
    Wolfos: *pops up* *howls*
    Me: EEK! *starts to run like crazy and chop air with Link's sword then targets it*
    Wolfos: *bites into Link's leg*
    Me: No, why me!
    Then i killed the two Wolfos, there actually were 2.
    Another Wolfos: *pops up* *howls*
    Me: OMG! *exits area*

Also, Blue Bubbles (
    ) scared me once. And there was a boss in OOT that scared me, but a li'l. It was...
    Queen Gohma. It crawled all over the ceiling and i haven't even noticed it. I got a li'l scared when i first saw it.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    The Black Knight in Chapter 11 of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. For those of you who don't know who he is, he's the most devastating enemy in the game, and at this point in the game all of your party members have < 30 HP, and he has a 100% chance of inflicing 60 damage on any of your party members without any chance of taking damage himself. He comes out of nowhere, and if you've been unlucky enough to have any of your members in his range they're dead, and you have to restart the chapter. That, to me, was incredibly frightening. (and I did have to restart the chapter twice because of that; after finding out about him, I found out the hard way a second time that his sword has an attack range of two spaces =/)

Back