• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: Most difficult hack? Like content wise..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2011
    Does anyone have an idea of what the most difficult hack to beat is? Obviously one problem people have with pokemon is the easiness of the single player, aside from the battle frontier of course, and I'd like to hopefully find a challenging hack that I can't just abuse my starter with the entire time. Does anyone have any ideas on what would be the "hardest" pokemon hack to beat?

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
    Years
  • I never played it, but occasionally I hear about Shiny Gold X being a real pain. But it was a modified version of the original Shiny Gold, just made to be harder.

I don't really know about any other hacks being tediously hard, because people usually intend it to be just difficult enough for you to get through battles so that you can continue with the story.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Maybe Shiny Gold X?
    Playing that you can't just "abuse" your starter.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Isn't the final dungeon in Brown supposed to be really tough?

Years
  • The hardest hack, is Pokemon Centrine, which it is a finished hack found in the progressing hack board I tyink.

because u run into trainers with pokemon in the 50's around the 4th gym.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    IMO, you set the difficulty level by the way in which you play. Of course, you could always simply abuse the starter (which is both incredibly easy to level up and uh, pretty strong). But you can set restrictions on yourself to make the game harder. Like, you can play through the entire game by only using the first two Pokemon you catch. Or, maybe every time you come across a PC, you switch out your entire party for the weakest Pokemon in your PC. Here's some other ideas.

Anyway, I think what you're looking for ("most difficult hack") is rather pointless. It seems sensible, but who wants to play the most difficult hack where all you do is level up the entire game just to beat the next trainer? It sounds stupid to me.

If you want like higher levels and stuff, a lot of the bigger-name hacks have an X version (like rijonAdventures and ShinyGold). Go try those if you're really feeling it.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • I have played relatively few hacks, but one really difficuly one I came on was FireRed Omega. Exact same as Fire Red, except trainers' Pokemon were altered in species and level. Also, every one of the first 3 generation's Pokemon were catchable in one way or another (Scyther evolved into Scizor at level 44, for example).

Anyways, at the end of the game, Rival Gary 2nd Round had Pokemon from levels 97-99, and they had pretty decent A.I. and movesets (Lt. Surge's Raichu used SURF!). I had a good time :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2020
    This is a bit old, but I do know a couple of first gen pokemon hacks where you can't abuse your starter to trounce the whole game. Both are considerably difficult but doable with good strategy and type matching.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • SinisterHoodedFigure, please don't bump threads that haven't been posted in for over a month.

Anyway, closed~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back