• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most emotional scenes in film

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
  • Identify some of the most emotional scenes in film or television that you've personally seen. Emotional doesn't necessarily mean you cried, but you could've been deeply invested in the scenario and effected by the outcome(s).

Braxien

Banned
    Years
  • One of the most emotional moments in a film for me was in Shaun of the Dead. It may have been a comedy film, but when one of the main characters, Ed, was attacked by a zombie and smoked his final cigarette before he changed, it was upsetting.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • There are a million but one that sticks out from me after just catching up on Game of Thrones

GoT Season 4 spoilers are coming.
    Spoiler:

Years
  • There are a million but one that sticks out from me after just catching up on Game of Thrones

GoT Season 4 spoilers are coming.
    Spoiler:

I was in college when I read this part in the book and I was nearly in tears (and I never cry at things like films and books). I dreaded the moment in the T.V show and it delivered the same reaction as the book did.

Hmm, lemme see, I suppose...

Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Two scenes come to mind. One is from my childhood, when Artax dies. Like OH MY GOD and the music and the very quiet, still horse and... How could they put this in what was supposedly a children's movie? I was traumatized. This whole movie is very freaky of course, but this scene in particular made me cry like nothing else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y688upqmRXo

'kay that was a lie. One television scene has caused me to cry even harder, and for days afterwards I couldn't even listen to the song playing after that scene without tears welling up haha. It's, surprise surprise, the ending of season 2 in Doctor Who. It just came so abrupt and felt so wrong. I mean, it wasn't just sad, it was like you were hurting with them and just feeling how unfair and wrong it was- ok I'm starting to rant like a proper whovian and shipper now. Here's the scene, in any case. Heartache on major level for a fan of the show as it was at that time :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAm5YIOU05I#t=72

I admit I cried too in GoT S4 when
    Spoiler:
    died though! But not nearly as much ;)

Back