• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most epic fail gaming moment?

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    I was playing Spore- Galactic Adventures, what happened was I played a user-made adventure and had to travel all the way around to the other side of the planet just so I could talk to some random creature. Then, I turned to complete the next act, stepped on a bomb, and died. CURSE THAT HORRIBLE, OVERLY-LONG ADVENTURE!!

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Oh wow I can't believe I haven't posted this yet.

GTA IV
    I spawned a motorcycle, got on it, went down a one way street so fast that I actually beat the area rendering and went straight through a bridge I was riding over.

I cannot get it to happen again!

That and if you make Nico jump against a long rail fence against a building he'll start acting like he's falling.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (Wii). I always use those self-destructing moves by an accident, because I haven't played it much yet and haven't even tested every character. What is this move? Oh, I have only 1 health left, one kick, dead...

Drawicia

the artist of evil
    Years
    on super smash bros. brawl i decided to do a 1-on-3 brawl, me being the one. I was Jigglypuff and the three CPUs were all Kirby with only fans as the items.

back then i didn't know that if Jigglypuff's shield breaks she shoots to the top of the screen and dies.... this happened 4 times in that brawl....:surprised:

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    Theres a few but ill name some:

Halo 3: I was playing with a couple of friends in a longshore infection match and we were trying to take a stand in a corner. We had trip mines in front of the entrances and someone driving around outside in a ghost killing the zombies. But someone threw a plasma grenade outside and it just happened to get stuck on the ghost my and he drove it inside exploding and setting off all the trip mines and we all died. As soon as we spawned we all got killed by the zombies.

Gears of War 2: I was playing on grind yard in horde wave 50 and my team was doing great until somehow almost all of us died and only two people were left. One person got down and the other person tried to save them but a boomer blew him up and the last guy almost died from the explosion so he ran off and killed all of the horde except for one. He decided to plant frag mines inside the room he was in and he stupidly stood right next to the wall where he planted it. A few seconds later, a cyclops came in from the back door, chainsawed him and exploded.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011
    I was making a stunt drive jump on GTA 4 but then i accidenticly pressesd the button where you jump out of the car. I then saw Niko fall to his doom in slow motion lol :P

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I was playing Final Fantasy 6 using Setzers' slots command, and he just so happened to use the slot combination that automatically kills your whole party.
    It wasn't even at a strong enemy; it was just at that weird Io in Cyans' dream sequence.

DarknessSneasel

Master of Dark
    Years
    on world of warcraft is was at the top at wymrest temple and needed to get ready for a raid. So I mounted up on my 'flying' mount and get down. Run off the edge so my flying lion thing (yeah we have flying lions :p) and suddenly go wtf im falling. I used my ground mount instead and now was falling. This is why i envy druids able to transform into there flight form in mid air. Fell to my death.
    Pok'emon Xd: using my Regirocks explosion on a gengar.
    Halo 3: Throwing a plasma grendade on my foot then runnig in panic near my team mates.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    When I was playing Bioshock I was wandering around on a level for 35 minutes trying to find the Incinerate plasmid when I passed it like 15 times. :[

Years
    Combat Arms.

I was playing a Clan War. Elimination. 100 Kills. It was 99:99 when I threw a grenade at a guy who was AFK. I accidentally threw the grenade at the pole in front of me, it bounced back and killed me.

99:100.

>D

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    I was playing Cod4, with my golden M60E4, being proud and all, when a blown up car killed me. I later found out that my grenade bounded back to a nearby car and blow me up. Epic. lolz

XD

Shadow-Lugia

Musn't..... Get......GRROOO!!!
    Years
    I've got another one, I was playing (and heavily cheating) on metroid: zero mission.
    I destroyed mother brain with all shots are super missiles, ran away flew off got LAZOR'd crashed and spawned, not as zss like your are ment to, but as power suit samus, with only the long beam, none of the items you need to get through, no morph ball where zss crawls, no power grip where zss is ight enough to do it anyway, nothing.
    I then went through without cheating and realized that i didn't suck as bad as i thought at metroid. (facepalm)

Years
    I was playing Star Wars: Battlefront II one day after swim practice, going through a Conquest game on Kamino, and controlling a CIS Assassin Droid. I had my droid crouching down on a walkway overlooking a lot of Republic Clones, getting head shot after head shot. I was doing so well until I turned to the right to take out a Clone that was shooting at me with a turret. I lined him up in my sight and fired. Unluckily for me, my aim wasn't all that great, so my shot clipped the small ledge in front of my and bounced back towards me.

I died.

Another one is that I can't get past the first level on Sonic the Hedgehog for Xbox 360. *cries*

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
    In Mother 3, I spoke to Ionia.

That's the worst moment I've ever experienced. All Earthbound fans know what I'm talking about... The screen went dark, we were in a hot spring, and there was a textbox that continually said "(Ionia) Just endure it!" And then, when the screen came back to normal, Lucas' head was ducked underwater and he went up gasping for air.

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years
    Got bored and decided to do a BattleField all-nighter,

Bad Company, Gold Rush, Attacker...

I throw a grenade, trying to scare snipers out of a building, some random person on my team storms right in front of the nade, it bounces off of my teammate, lands in front of me RIGHT before it detonates and kills me. X(

1942 with FH, Allies, Saipan...

I spawn at the now captured Japanese main base, someone picks up a kamikaze kit and asks "What is this for?", he charges toward me and some teammates who wanted to see what it did, I shoot the kamikazing marine dead, someone ELSE goes and retrieves it, and blows me and 3 others up...

Some questions should NEVER be answered... >.<

Autistic Lucario

Life is too short not to enjoy
    Years
    I was playing Thief: The Dark Project, which is a stealth game. I was walking down a broken staircase in a haunted cathedral. Garrett glitched out and got stuck in a crack. A few seconds later, he died. It sounded like he took falling damage.

Back