• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most epic fail gaming moment?

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
Years
  • This has happened to me and my friends quite a few times, but I doubt anyone would find it funny unless they've played Tales of Symphonia.

In the extra dungeon, Niflheim, there's these torches you can light for extra items. But every time you enter, there's one torch that gives you the option of exiting the dungeon. And once you leave, you have to start all over.

Anyway, me being the idiot that I am, would light the torches too fast to be able to see what it was offering me. And more often than not, we'd end up leaving the dungeon right before we'd complete it. ._.

Years
  • In persona 4 I was fighting shadow Mitsuo, and I was almost done. I switched my MC's persona to one that can heal, then the boss used an attack that was strong against the persona I chose. After thirty minutes of fighting that bastard I died...

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • Mine are mostly pokémon epic fails.... I sometimes turn it off before it's finished saving >.<
    Also in double battles I somehow end up atacking my companion pokémon instead of the foe... which is an epic fail if you're battling Tate and Liza when they were hard to defeat and you'd spent the last 45 mins trying to take them down ;_;

fango pango

This fire burns, always.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    in conkers bad fur day
    i was at the end...i saw the ending...it froze...i turned it off and cried cos i got so close...then i went on the internet after i saw it freeze many times and found out it was supposed to freeze :cer_pissed:

mega-dark

In a alternate universe
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Huh?
    • Seen Sep 5, 2010
    I wouldn't call it a EPIC fail but a fail never the less. In Blazblue, NEVER if you are using Ragna NEVER use "Carnage Scissors" on a Tager, or else you will feel the power of a "GAIGANTIC TAGER BUSTER!"

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • On Mario Kart Wii, I was racing at DS Yoshi Falls (or whatever it's called), and I cut a corner too short. I bottomed out on the ledge, and couldn't move until someone hit me with a red shell. I never used a kart afterward. =/

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Age 11. Playing Final Fantasy Legend 2 for Game Boy/Game Boy Pocket with a team of 4 Monsters. I reach a Major Boss, named Venus, and none of my Attacks Connected. Come to find out, she is immune to 99% of all Monster Skills, and the ones that do work on her are too weak to be useful. I had to start a new game and Choose a Robot to win. ;-;

The worst part is, the Instruction manual said that a team of four Monsters was one of the worst Team combinations in the game, but I thought that I could prove it wrong.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • The first time I EVER picked up an xbox 360 controller... and played Halo 3.... I accidentally threw a Plasma Grenade , it hit the wall, and stuck to me. -__-

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • I was playing GTA San Andreas and generally blowing up cars. I blew up this one car and was too close but miraculously I survived with very little HP. I started to walk away when suddenly the car door from the blown up car fell on me from the sky and killed me. How this happened I don't know because I didn't think it was possible.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    in conkers bad fur day
    i was at the end...i saw the ending...it froze...i turned it off and cried cos i got so close...then i went on the internet after i saw it freeze many times and found out it was supposed to freeze :cer_pissed:

omg, no wai!

rofl! I can't believe it.

Years
  • Super Smash Bros Brawl: I was facing Tabuu on Intense and was holding a trophy stand, Tabuu would've been 'trophy-fied' if I hit him with it. He decided to cast his OHKO Off Waves, I timed the last one wrong and died. I just stared in disbelief and turned it off. One throw away from obtaining Tabuu's trophy on INTENSE. Epic failure...

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • My most major Pokemon fail was not realising you can go under the bridge on the path to Maulville. I got so mad, I restarted the game as a girl. I got to the same point and was so annoyed that I thought it would be a good idea to hit my GBA SP: I ended up knocking the button that sent me under the bridge. >.<

On Mario Kart Wii, I have a fail that keeps on happening, I use the mushrooms and speed off the edges of cliffs. |:

.Busou Kihaku.

私は神で取る!
    Years
  • It was me and another seriously uber DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi III player (knew him trough a friend)
    I was powning him he had only 1 healthbar left while i had 4 of them he went max power and thoroughly beat the living crap out of my character, never again will i understimate that Burter. Srsly.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2014
    if we count FSX as game now, I always do epic fail when landing :)

WolfWrath

*Questions your mental health*
    Years
  • I have a couple of these:

While playing Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (the boss mode thing when you have to face all the bosses) It was the biolizard fight, the second to last hit and I had all the rings collected, then when I was about to it him, I accidentally hit backward on my controller and fall into the water and die........

On Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, I was in the temple place with the monkeys. I couldn't figure out how to move that giant rock for 3 days, then I threw a bomb guy at it and it exploded. If only I've done that sooner.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • On Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, I was in the temple place with the monkeys. I couldn't figure out how to move that giant rock for 3 days, then I threw a bomb guy at it and it exploded. If only I've done that sooner.

Ugh, I had the same problem. I wandered that temple for hours trying to figure it out. >_>

My most epic fail is probably one of my many moments where my brain is working further than my body and I just walk right into a dangerous spike or enemy and die horribly. Rage ensues.

Donnie

the popstar that never was
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2013
    I was playing Shadow of the Colossus, doing the time attack mode for Phalanx.. I lost the challenge by 11 milliseconds

Back