• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most evil Dark-Type you've seen in the anime?

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
    Dark-type is literally the evil-type in Japanese, so I'm wondering, out of all the Dark-Type Pokemon around, which one do you believe was the most evil? Whether it is a despicable action or an unfriendly Pokemon, I'm interested to hear your opinions.

For me, I'd say Malamar. In one episode I saw recently he hypnotized Officer Jenny and eventually all of Ash's traveling companions (including Pikachu) and turned them against him. What a dastardly Pokemon he is!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm going to have to say Malamar as well because jfc that episode. I really hope there's a continuation of it sometime down the line because they left it pretty open ended (but at the same time I won't be surprised if it isn't continued s i g h).

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    Malamar was certainly evil, but there's still a chance that it could return and possibly see the error in its ways (although I find both unlikely, especially the latter). There have been a few bad Dark type Pokémon in the past, like the Purrloin that almost buried Ash and friends in quicksand on accident, and the Murkrow that stole Ash'd badges, but I think Darkrai was by far the worst. Not the movie Darkrai nor Tobias's, but the one in Canalave City that gave everyone insomnia due to nightmares. Malamar had evil intentions, but they were likely selfish and temporary. Darkrai inflicted a whole city with insomnia and probably would not have stopped if it wasn't for Cresselia.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    Got to go with Malamar, I watched that episode on Saturday and it really creeper me out a bit. You know its done well when you are physically angry at the bad guy on the T.V, and Malamar really got me mad!

Thorton

Factory Head
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2015
    Malamar for sure. For me, what makes Malamar truly evil isn't what it did so far, but the fact that it showed no remorse at all for what it did unlike all of the other mischievous wild Pokémon Ash has come across. But there may still be hope for Malamar yet, because I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing more of it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    Malamar 4sure. HE IS EVILZ. Jokes aside, he was not even sorry for what her did!

Years
    I agree with the rest of you. That Malamar was totally evil. I found myself getting a little angry and irritated with the episode, which I haven't really felt since watching the show 14/15 years ago (excluding A Poached Ego....). I bug my daughter now talking like Malamar. That voice is just creepy!

I really hope we see Malamar again this season. The way the episode ended, it surely left the door open for a return. What happens if (and when) James's Inkay evolves... Uh oh.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't believe that dark Pokémon are necessarily bad; they're just categorized as dark, as they might use cheap attacks--Sucker Punch, for example--to win matches. That's all there is to it, really. As far as evil dark-types go, I don't think I've seen any as of yet. I would say Malamar just like everybody else, but unfortunately, I can't go along with that, as I don't watch X and Y. Darkrai was seen as evil, to some degree, in Rise of Darkrai movie, but it was later found to be just misunderstood.

Last edited:
    Years
    Spiritomb was pretty evil, he just wanted to destroy everything.

Malamar is REALLY evil tho. I hope we see more of it

Years
    Everybody's saying Malamar and I don't find Malamar that bad, though in all honesty I don't find anybody in a TV show where the protagonist ignores the law of aging and every conflict is resolved in a half-hour episode or movie truly malevolent. But intent-wise, I'd have to say Malamar is evil, 'cause the only other two that come to mind are Spiritomb and Darkrai and they didn't do anything evil (purposefully, anyway) what that right-side-up guy did made him a pretty bad mofo.

Back