• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen most frustrating part of the game

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
  • The Defog Routes when I had no Pokemon to learn it in my Nuzlocke and the most annoying part : Mt. Coronet. Having to do it a SECOND time for Dialga and Palkia on Platinum was a huge pain in the butt, since I had to go back to take my slaves. Oh, and Dragon Rush always hitting and flinching.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Finding decent level trainers to raise my pokemon. It was pretty easy for awhile, but for some reason right after hittin' Veilstone, for me, it gets harder and harder to raise my pokemon to a level that I want. Then again I always try to have my pokemon at least 3 (minimum) and 7 (maximum) levels higher than the gym leader I'm facing.

Other than that I'd say how slow D/P are, and how you can only purchase one honey at a time. Got annoying when I needed like 3-5 to catch a combee.

DarkVhozon

Steel/Dragon Master
    Years
  • For me it was like an hour trek through route 217 an Mt. Coronet after I forgot to stock up on Repels and only had like 3 max and 2 regualur in my bag. Mt. Coronet=annoying encounter rate. That and the limitless useless pokemon in platinum beacuse their movepools are ****

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • I loathed Mt. Coronet with a passion. The one to get to Spear Pillar.

Also, I absolutely hate all Victory Roads from all Generations.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2011
    I hate walking through caves. Mostly because at any time a pokemon will be like "attack you!' I'm like, 'I have a level 80 pokemon! If it looks at you you faint! Why do you keep following me???' I hate just walking through and clicking 'Run' a million times.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
  • I hated Distortion World. T_T It was pointless, stupid,depressing(with that music and scenery) and weird. I once did the strength puzzle wrong and i had to enter it again.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2010
    Pretty much EVERY SINGLE cave!!! ( ever since Flash became a regular TM I tend not to teach it...that and I lost my map)

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2010
    Caves full of trainers. I hate Iron Island but I know it's technically not essential. I find it very frustrating when I'm just about the exit a Cave and then there's a Hiker in the way.

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
  • Gosh! Stark Mountain! That stupid mountain! I hate it with all of my life! D:< .... Okay, maybe not THAT much but STILL! It was EVIL!!!~

I kept running into dead ends and every two steps, I would run into a wild PKMN! T_T That and dealing with Team Galactic again was kinda bothersome... But it was interesting.... I guess... Not really....

RNG Abuser

RNG Abuser
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2010
    breeding, i lack patience :P
    and i dont like the credits :P
    i just leave my ds while i watch tv :)

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • Victory Road. Takes me twice as long as it should due to the massive amounts of wild pokemon. D:

Noka

I'ma nerd
    Years
  • I believe I have a top three list for this occasion.

1. Defog...it was really frustrating to use it once or twice. To me, it was utterly pointless and was just added to make the game more frustrating.

2. Trying to catch Dialga...this is pretty much self-explanatory, since all legendaries are difficult to catch.

3. Trying to beat Cynthia. Her Garchomp always ended up slaughtering my team.

Back