• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen most frustrating part of the game

WindTheCat

YOOOM.... TAH!
Years
  • For me, getting lost in the Wayvard Cave without an Escape Rope or Flash. And saving inside. Why? I have no idea. -.-''

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2010
    I know alot of people would say catching legendaries was hard. But i caught Giratina with a poke ball with 3/4 health and Dialga with a dive ball.

But anyway the hardest part for me was probably getting through wayward cave like WindTheCat i also got lost without a escape rope and it took me close to an hour to get out.

WolfWrath

*Questions your mental health*
    Years
  • - Catching Mesprit and Cresselia
    - Surfing -_-'
    - Fantina's Mismajius (or however you spell it)
    - chaining
    - defeating Cyrus and his minions caused me some frustration too.

ALittleDizzy

Cute and Hopeless Trainer
    Years
  • Most frustrating thing is evolving pokemon that have really weird requirements like item held and traded or by night or day or by happiness? so odd and hard

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    If I remember correctly it was that stupid Mt Coronet and that Ritalin-needing Rival.
    Also chasing like 348039840 legendarys around the map got a bit tedious to catch, but I felt super accomplished after that ^.^
    (I haven't played Platinum since I got stuck in Stark Mountain... That may add to the frustration hahah.)

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • Mt Coronet. It's always my most dreaded part of the game. That combined with Team Galactic and their annoying poisoning Pokémon? Eugh. -.-

Victory Road wasn't too bad... its just the fact its the only decent place to train for the league and the variety of Pokémon to train against is limited >.>

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
    Years
  • Mt. Coronet was terrible for me...
    My first time playing Pearl, I realised I had to get to the top of Mt. Coronet, and I started at the wrong entrance... twice.
    Then I finally started in the right spot, got to the top beat all of the trainers! And then lost to the Galactic Guy, starting right at the bottom again....
    NOT. HAPPY. JAN!

Lil'QD

#1 Pokemon Trainer/Breeder
    Years
  • Is when you have to put your pokemon you have to do something before you start your journey

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • Just simply fighting any trainer with a Bronzor or Bronzong turned out to be a sheer annoyance to me. I hate those annoying Pokemon.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Here's my list from least frustrating to most frustrating

Double Battle right before vielstone: If you aren't prepared for a tough Battle, these guys will destroy you. Even if you have a good team, you could still have some trouble

Double Battle on the rainy route near the mansion.
    like the double battle from earlier, except they are at higher levels

Mt. Coronet:
    Not necessarily because of the layout, but the frequency of wild pokemon. Golbat being one of them just adds to the turmoil

Distortion World:
    This one is because of the layout. I always get lost in this place or screw something up at least once, no matter how many times I play platinum

Cynthia's Lucario:
    It' fast, and counters two of it's weaknesses with earthquake and Psychic

Cynthia's Garchomp:
    No wonder it's Uber. My Empoleon was ALWAYS KOed by earthquake before I could get off an ice beam, and most other ice types are quite frail and probably couldn't live an Earthquake anyway.

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
  • For me fighting cyrus in the distortion world was hardest.getting giratina was easy though, because I used a master ball.

pichuspark

looooooooooooooool :3
    Years
  • 1.) Wayward Cave. I was a noob, yet with that I knew Flash was useless, nor can anybody in my team learn the move, so I braved in, no Escape Rope, no Flash, just for a Gible.

2.) Mt. Coronet. I remember there was some sort of maze before you get to the top, always made me want to bite off my DS.

3.) Catching Giratina. I was playing my friend's Platinum, helping her to catch Giratina without the use of a Master Ball. Being an impatient fellow, I charged in with the Master Ball >.> At least Dialga and Palkia are easier to catch...

4.) Mesprit in DP. Again, I was a noob, and had no way to track it down >.<

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • ~Hypnosis: seemed to me that it always hit me and missed when tried to use it. So I started to spam paralysis and poison.

~navigating that cavern just before the room with Heatran...

~getting a rare PokeRadar Pokemon to appear...

~uncovering TWO of the THREE spots on a Heart Scale in the Underground only to have the wall collapse...

Just simply fighting any trainer with a Bronzor or Bronzong turned out to be a sheer annoyance to me. I hate those annoying Pokemon.

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

Last edited:

hack1

Dragon Green
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    1. Distortion World (Annoying puzzle)
    2. Bronzors & Bronzongs (With no fire attacks)
    3. Cynthia's Togekiss (Couldn't OHKO it, and Cynthia used Full Restores... Air Slash is annoying too)
    4. Cynthia's Lucario (No fire again)
    5. Cynthia's Garchomp (But, Floatzel's Ice Punch was helpful.)

Oh right, Candice was annoying too with team of Staraptor, Torterra, Floatzel and Luxray.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • I may be nitpicking a bit, but to me, the vocabulary system that has been in place since Generation 3 feels just plain stupid. Apparently, since the player character happens to be around 10 or 11, Nintendo and GF apparently feel a need to confine the player to a 10 year old vocabulary. I know that they need to keep profanity out of Wi-Fi to keep the rating down, but why can't they let you type what you want and censor words off a blacklist instead? It's gotten to the point now that its ridiculous.

Back