• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen most frustrating part of the game

Years
  • The first time I tried Pokemon Platinum, the hardest fight for me was Fantina. Her Duskull and Haunter weren't hard to beat (though I hate the Will-O-Wisp), it's that danged Mismagius and its Shadow Ball that always gives me trouble.

I dont mean to intrude, but which starter did you pick when Lucario gave you trouble? For me, getting to Maylene in Platinum is right about the same time when Grotle evolves, and usually all it takes then is one good Earthquake from Torterra to KO Maylene's trump card. Lucario may be tough, but he's frail.

Last edited:

Elsword

I'm Not Sure About This
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2011
    Mount Coronet.
    It wasn't really frustrating, per se, but it was just boring going through it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2012
    Every time I play D/P/Pt, I find that the most frustrating part for me is climbing Mt. Coronet to spear pillar to capture Dialga/Palkia. No matter how many times I do it, it feels like its never going to end...

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Reverse world anyone? What about the E4/Champion rematches? Also the battle frontier. Gosh, Platinum made Sinnoh a bit more challenging than Diamond and Pearl did.

shemellon

middle trainer
    Years
  • i would have to say MT. Coronet and Victory Road .-shemellon- i found it super annoying going through mt coronet and the hm requirements for the victory road which made me use dumb hm slaves -shemellon-

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • The ice caves can sometime be annoying, because no matter how smart you are, when you can;t see the whole area on one screen, it can be difficult.

The most annoying part for me is when you need HM use, and have to go all the way abck to a centre to get a HM slave, it can get very tedious.

Choco09

+CerTiFieD -OtaKu...
    Years
  • Most frustrating part of the game

Victory Road and Mt. Coronet..
    It took me so long to get out of the cave.. and the annoying wild pokemons?
    Just.. Arrgh..

HinaBaby

#1 Spongebob Fan!
    Years
  • I hate having to climb up to Spear Pillar, not only do i have to constantly run form Zubats and Bronzors, but I have to deal with Team Galactic, and I always go the wrong way and end up back at Eterna City! It's really annoying!

I also hate Victory Road, I always end up with 3 fainted pokemon, 2 in the red, and one with a status condition, plus its very easy to take the wrong way!

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • That last stretch right before the end, where you can't get any decent training anywhere, it seems, but you can't quite beat the Elite 4 either. I almost ALWAYS come up upon this problem.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I think it is when you have low level pokemon that are hurt and you enter a cave. It takes so long to get out of it and all of your pokemon can faint.

Back