• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Most Horrible / Best Pokemon Walking/Battle Sprite?

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
  • Hmm let's see, I like all the little sprites following you because it makes you feel huge! >:) I also like the bigger sprites because I feel stronger. I like Ho-oh or my Garchomp following me. That's how it usually is, I really don't like the Dragonite sprite it looks way too big!
    What? Way too big? Pal, Ho-Oh can't go indoors. Dragonite's sprite is tiny compared to Ho-Oh.

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
    Years
  • I like Typhlosion, but it's so weird. It looks like it's about to pick me up and throw me. I like the Squirtle one, I don't have it, but I've seen it and it looks adorable.

Timepiece

Shoddy Engineer
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2010
    i dont really know...
    i like all of them.. wait!
    i know what sprite i love best!!

its magikarp! its hilarious how he flops after you XD
    Fully agreed.
    As cool as some of them look, Magikarp's comical value is simply too high.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Best:
    Kingler
    Mareep
    Lugia
    Ho-Oh
    Zapdos
    Spinarak

Worst:
    Jynx
    Gyarados

...Aaand I don't have that many pkmn, just over 3 quarters of the box full, so I'm not aware of the others.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    I really like dragonair's walking sprite! As far as my team goes I like dusknoir's walking sprite the least.

pauldan00b

Veteran Breeder/Elite Trainer
    Years
  • My favorite is weezing :) my friends and i dont understand how a diglett/dugtrio can move around behind you in buildings and not visually tear up the ground behind it though while walking...

Kakarotman

Played over 2k hrs of pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    I really like raising my dragonite. All 3 evolution states were pretty sweet looking

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    dragonair is a wicked cool sprite. but i think that dragonite looks off. not quite there.

also regular charizard is great. but my shiny charizard looks weird. it has only one pixel for eyes and theyre red so it looks all spooky

lapras reminds me of surf in the old games. good memories.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • I think the best one is Dragonite, it looks pretty rad. And the worst one is Wooper, he looks like an alien IMO.

Caxno

Caxno - The Ash of Tomorrow :D
    Years
  • That's a harder one for me, I would have to say my favorite is Eevee, like someone else said earlier. He is a great and reasonable size, and he looks so cool by any gender's side. A great pokemon for the front of your party. My least favorite is Charizard. Not that I have anything against him, he's awesome and can learn great moves. It's just he looks really strange by a female sprite, especially a Shiny Charizard, and looks decent by a male, except for the fact that it's wingspan is so small and un-realistic.

I guess Charizard might be cooler if he was a midget. :D

~Caxno

Edgaar

Journeyman Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2010
    I like regigigas' sprite. Its HUGE! Spiritomb's is cool too.

Years
  • I had a LOL moment when I saw Magikarp. I thought it was great. Doduo's was also pretty funny.

My favorite...probably my Flygon. It looks pretty cool sauntering next to me. ^_^

Back