• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most interesting Gym Leader?

EliteNeutrono37

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Please take this badge...why are you looking at me like that?

Hello PoCo's! Neutrono once again with something to get you thinking. Of the five generations of Gym Leaders, (forty-one in total O_o,) which one stood out the most to you? Which one do you think you could honestly sit down and be interested in anything he/she said? (You can choose the twin Psychics from the 3rd Generation as one of them or both.)

Rules:
    -Don't pick Elite Four, Champion, anything but a Gym Leader. The only exception is the switch with Steven (or rather, Juan,) and Wallace in Pokemon Emerald. You can choose Steven/Juan because technically he was a Gym Leader and a Champion.
    -Choose one person! Don't pick multiple people; the only exception is the Psychic Twins. You can choose both of them, but that is the only allowed pair.
    -Give good details on why you would be interested in them. Don't just say "Because THEY LOOK SOOOPER COOL!" Give a thoughtful, legitimate list of reasons. Things like personality, type of Gym, role in game, possible role in society, etc.
    -No Orange Island Gym Leaders. Nobody knows them well enough to analyze.
    -Have fun with this! I'm curious to see which Leader you would want to meet in real life and get along with.

The Gym Leader I find most interesting is Sabrina. We both have desires for greatness at the cost of losing our childhood too early. We both also have preferences of being alone and dabbling in the 'other' world through the mind. We're both smart, mysterious, have no desire to fight physically, and like to defeat our enemies with brains over brawn.

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN, READER! First to respond gets befriended!

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I got multiple since they're all even to me, if that's ok. Those would be Erika and Steven. Erika because I love grass type, and because I like her design and name. I really loved her in the anime as well, and that episode is one of my favourites. Steven because I love steel type as well, and besides being a gym leader, he was also a very memorable character in 3rd gen. I like his design as much, and he seems very down to earth, but very strong.

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    Well my favorite Gym Leader is Skyla, but as for interesting I'd say it would be Sabrina. She has Psychic powers which I think is pretty cool and a past that I can't seem to remember at the moment, but it was cool and sorta mysterious.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    Hm... I'd have to Whitney or Green. Green because is cool~ You could always learn a thing of two about pokemon from him. And Whitney seems pretty understanding, even if she is a bit spineless...

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Koga!He is great.Firstly because he fights with Poison types Pokemon and I love Poison types.Secondly,I love that he uses poison types just because they wreak havoc,despair and horror to the opponent.And of course because I like the story he tells that Toxic was invented by a ninja long ago.And Toxic is such a cool move.Your opponent dies slowly and painfully with horror and despair and the trainer can't do anything.He just watches his Pokemon dying horribly.Yeah that's why I love Koga.He is cool,poisonous and a ninja.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I think that Blue (G/S/C/HG/SS) is rather interesting for me to talk with because the both of us use a variety of types on our team. We could talk about things like exchanging battling strategies.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I thought Brycen was pretty interesting. He was definitely one of the quietest gym leaders.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Blaine, being part scientist, always fascinated me. Was he part of the project at Cinnabar Mansion who created Mewtwo? If so, what regrets does he have or not have? If not, what was his area of research in. What color of eyes lurk behind his shades? Where does he get the ideas for his quizzes and riddles?

So many mysteries surrounding him... he's certainly an interesting character.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I don't think Steven Stone was ever a Gym Leader, only the champion...

But anyway, I liked Jasmine, mainly for the steel-type specialty. And her role in taking care of the lighthouse Ampharos interested me, and I constantly wondered if that Ampharos was hers or not. And it signifies her importance to the town, as the caretaker of the lighthouse. I was interested to see her in Sinnoh after beating Volkner, and the conversation with Erika kind of showed how she thought she was a dull person.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2012
    I really don't know XD I would have to choose either Brock or Sabrina. They really are both amazing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2013
    Giovanni.

Leader of a criminal organization and still manages to stay an official gym leader.

Back