• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Memorable Guitar Solo?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Some guitar solos always stay in your mind, they are instantly recognisable when you hear them. Remember this isn't necessarily what your favourite guitar solo is.
    So which guitar solo do you remember the most?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    The final guitar solo in November Rain. Totally embedded in the essence of my soul :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Well seeing as in music is extremely vast i am going to give you three of my opinions.

1. Self written, Self produced, Purely for themselves.

Guthrie Govan - Fives

This is one of the worlds most underrated guitarists. He is underrated and underrated purely because everything he does is for his own enjoyment and he doesn't play music for money and enjoyment, he plays it for the shear love of what he can do. Guthrie is wildly recognised by great guitarists, some of the worlds best to be precise. Stevie Vai, Joe Striani, Eric Clapton and more. I'm suprised he hasn't played the 3G festival yet.
    Check out the song if you appreciate good guitar here.

2. Classic Band. Record company. Wildly known.

Pink Floyd - Comfotably Numb

Simply one if the greatest guitar solos of all time. Any guitarist you know who listens to Brit rock will aspire to play this song. It is simply the epiphany of classic guitar solos in the rock genre. The nostalgic feel you get from the string bends send shivers down your spine. The entire song is so mystic and enjoyable, then the solo breaks in and you're like "Hell yeah!!" pick up the air guitar and start shredding away! Or you can end up closing your eyes and drift off somewhere, it is simply one of those solos that can make you dissapear and just let your mind drift! This is blues at it's finest too... You may not think it but they are certainly influenced by the bues. Amazing song with the classic solo. That song is comfortably numb.

3.More modern. Major Label. Heavily produced.

Avenged Sevenfold - Afterlife

Synyster Gates, possibly the greatest living young guitarist of his generation. This song is raging with epic guitar! The intro screams with a dual solo harmony and rips right into the main verse with a heavy beat collaboration between all musicians and signer. The song takes so many changes that the guitar just changes it's key so much. Then back into heavy again! All building up to the epic solo at 2.49 onwards. When he plays this it just gives me goosebumps, my mouth dropped when i heard this for the first time! So fast, so clean so brutal! Such a great shred! It sums up what Synyster is capable of. He is by far one of the most epic guitarists of all time!
    Check out the song

There's so many more i would have said! Such as November rain by G n' R and lots more but i decided to give you a little variety.
    Hope whoever reads finds something they like in the meantime!

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    The most memorable for me is Derek and the Dominos - Layla, Eric Clapton puts so much feeling into it. I always recognise it and it's one of the first guitar pieces that I really appreciated.
    Other notable mentions:
    Stevie Ray Vaughn - Lenny
    Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
    Riverside - The Curtain Falls

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • Greenday - Holiday
    Greenday - Wake Me Up When September Ends
    Greenday - American Eulogy - Mass Hysteria / Modern World

The Best Guitar Solos in the whole inter world! Go Billie-Jo + Mike!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • The solo from November Rain. I think that solo is amazing.

One I like that wasn't in a song was on one of Alter Bridge's live tours, I can't remeber the song now though but the solo was amazing.

Vie

Years
  • The one I remember the most is in ACDC's Back in Black. *.* I love that. But I also keep the one from Idestructible (disturbed) in mind. Always.

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Greenday - Holiday
    Greenday - Wake Me Up When September Ends
    Greenday - American Eulogy - Mass Hysteria / Modern World

The Best Guitar Solos in the whole inter world! Go Billie-Jo + Mike!

Green Day is horrible.. how can anyone like them?

It's not really a solo but the looped riff on Sabotage by the Beastie Boys is hard to get out of my head.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2022
    Green Day is horrible.. how can anyone like them?
    To be honest I completely agree, But that may be just my opinion to Punk and simillar styles in general.

Im mostly into Oasis and similar stuff from the 90's their solos are all simple but memorable well in my opinion you'll see what i mean is you look up, Live Forever, Dont look back in anger and and Morning Glory. At the moment im looking at a band, Kasabian who have in their song, Club Foot, a bass solo rather than a guitar which is stuck in my head at the moment

sanny the hedgehog

Back by popular demand?
    Years
  • eruption- van halen
    back in black- ac/dc
    crazy train- ozzy ozbourn
    stairway to heaven- led zeppelin
    sweet child o mine- guns n roses
    one- metallica
    cliffs of dover- eric johnson
    free bird- lynyrd skynyrd
    last but not least
    through the fire and flames- dragonforce
    oh and more than a feeling- boston

those are some of my favorite guitar solos, and some of the best ones around!
    most of them are pretty mind shattering. am i right?!

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • November Rain and Sweet Child O' Mine come to my mind really quick. Then after some time Comfortably Numb, Hotel California, Santeria, Thank You (BBC Session), and One hit me like a ton of bricks. So yeah....all of those.

Years
  • Megadeth - Tornado of Souls

My favourite guitar solo and definitely one not easily forgotten once heard. I think Marty Friedman improvised the whole solo as well.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023

through the fire and flames- dragonforce

those are some of my favorite guitar solos, and some of the best ones around!
    most of them are pretty mind shattering. am i right?!

All of them were win except this...
    Where is the feel? Where's the melody?
    A bunch of pedal effects and whammy pulls isn't a good solo.
    Yes they're good guitarists but not good composers.

@Get Innocuous
    I said that but assumed everyone would, so I didn't talk of it in detail but it is one of the greatest solo's of all time. Now that solohas feel.

Dark Nero

Feel The Darkness
    Years
  • All Shall Perish- Better Living Through Catastrophe
    Jimi Hendrix- All Along The Watchtower

Only two l can think of lol

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Through the Fire and Flames
    Heroes of Our Time
    Reason to Live
    Operation--

Ah crap, the freaking hell with this, all the solos ever made from DragonForce

Back