• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Over Rated Pokemon

What do you think are the most over rated Pokemon? (A-Z)

• Total voters

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    How is Charizard NOT on that list o.o

From that list, Pikachu no doubt >.< I hate the little rat. It's Ash's best Pokemon. WE GET IT!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    My first thought would be Pikachu, but honestly I'm going to go with Eevee.

There seems to be a lot more Eevee fans around, than there are Pikachu fans. This also holds on true on Pokemon MMO's. I swear, everyone is an Eevee, or one of it's evo's on those things. = =;

Lady Missie

Aspiring Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Pikachu by far of course. Everyone knows Pikachu. I admit that I do like how ovalchu looks. Lucario is another one. Not sure why. He's got thunder thighs! All Eevee evolutions are overrated. Not sure why everyone likes all of them. Yeesh.

I love my mew though. <3

Years
    I despise Pikachu for his undeserved fame. I remember way back when - we were in school making hand puppets. Pokemon was probably at its strongest then, so everyone made Pikachu hand puppets. I made a Diglett one for the Electric immunity and STAB Super-effective Earthquake.
    I swear none of them ever played the game.
    Down with the yellow rat!

Techeon

I Do Not Exist
    Years
    You know, ever since the red and blue days I was sick of Pikachu and how the anime made it out to be this epic invincible pokemon but mine always had really low defense and tend to get killed with one well placed physical attack.

So, from that list, Pikachu. I'm sick of it and all the pikachu clones (Pachirisu, Minun/Plusle, and Pichu(I know it's a baby, but still...)). Too much focus on such a weak character. It's cute, yeah, but that's no excuse... :|

Now, if we weren't going by that list, I'd have to say Alakazam as far as the game is concerned. Mostly overrated by the designers of the game since they think it's good enough to be a trade evolution but it's usually pretty easy to kill, again, with one well placed physical attack. I've also seen a few of them in competition, and they've all gone down really easily, usually without even landing a blow.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
    Lucario, I blame the furries and Brawl. It's a darn shame Mewtwo got replaced with...that.

Years
    I don't think anyone overrates Pikachu in battles as far as the video games go.

The anime, however, is a totally different story. How many times have we seen Ash's Pikachu take out way stronger Pokemon with just a simple Thundershock or any other little attack? Heck, it can even manage to take out Ground-types like Geodude and Onix; two Pokemon that, normally, should not be effected by Pikachu's electrical attacks at all. The amount of victories it get's in the anime is ridiculous.

As far as the games, it's a tough call. If you're a good enough player at Pokemon games (and by all means, you should be, since the AI is horrible), and you're good with EV's, movesets, and that kind of stuff, you can make any Pokemon strong.

Lucario, I blame the furries and Brawl. It's a darn shame Mewtwo got replaced with...that.
    Hehe, I've been saying the same thing since Brawl was released. Although Mewtwo really wasn't all that great in Melee (surprisingly, it was pretty weak), it was still a cool character to have in the game.

Now that I think about it, I kinda wish they had kept Pichu in as well. Because Pichu rocks, obviously. =P

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    Funny how you left out Mamoswine, Rhyperior and Weavile, all of whom are uglier and more overrated than all of the Eevee-lutions combined.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Hmmm.. that's a tough question - Lucario, Mew, and Eevee have far too many fans, imo, so I guess I consider them to be the most overrated?
    It's not that I dislike them or anything, but it's starting to get on my nerves seeing them, along with Pikachu, everywhere.

Years
    Pikachu. I have nothing really AGAINST Pikachu per se, but is NOT the cutest or best Pokemon in my opinion. I actually adore Raichu, but you hardly ever see that poor guy, it's all about the Pika. :D

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    I don't think anyone overrates Pikachu in battles as far as the video games go.

The anime, however, is a totally different story. How many times have we seen Ash's Pikachu take out way stronger Pokemon with just a simple Thundershock or any other little attack? Heck, it can even manage to take out Ground-types like Geodude and Onix; two Pokemon that, normally, should not be effected by Pikachu's electrical attacks at all. The amount of victories it get's in the anime is ridiculous.

Yeah I agree. If I really wanted to watch an anime that has very very predictable outcomes I would just go ahead and watch Prince of Tennis, and that's still more interesting!

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Pikachu. The thing's undeserved popularity knows no limits.

And Lucario isn't overrated. It's a machine in competitive battling, and a fantastic character in Brawl. It's also one of the more-inspired pokémon designs as of late. It deserves its popularity, or at least has enough things going for it to merit some.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    And Lucario isn't overrated. It's a machine in competitive battling, and a fantastic character in Brawl. It's also one of the more-inspired pokémon designs as of late. It deserves its popularity, or at least has enough things going for it to merit some.

That's your opinion- not mine.

Years
    I'd say Typhlosion. I really like it, but it seems to be incredibly popular and I'm not sure it deserves as much popularity as it gets.

Incidentally, Lucario is one of the only G4 Pokémon I care for.

Ayselipera

Pretty much every legendary pokemon is overated to me.
    Theres really no point for legendary pokemon they're a
    waste of space. Its really annoying to see other trainers
    use legendary pokemon in their teams, its pretty much
    taking the easy way out. Lately Hoenn and Sinnoh have
    been making a ton of legendaries. Even ones that have
    little to do with the game. Honestly whats the point of
    Darkrai, Cresselia, Phione, Manaphy, Heatran, The Regis,
    and Jirachi? They don't have any role of major importence.
    They should of saved these for future games. I won't be
    surprised if the newest region has twice as many legendaries
    as Sinnoh.

Back