• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Over Rated Pokemon

What do you think are the most over rated Pokemon? (A-Z)

• Total voters

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Pikachu is not over-rated! -frowns-

Although it is all personal opinion, and that's fine, but Pikachu represents what Pokemon initially are. They're friends. To me, I'd rather see Pokemon like that then super strong haxor ones with l33t fighting skills.

Pikachu is supremely over rated. And I for disagree with your statement that they're friends. I'd definitely be a trainer closer to Paul's attitude and prefer his method. He was such a breath of fresh air.

As to other Pokemon being 'over rated' Lucario is at least cooler looking and can 'talk'. He doesn't have that annoying 'pika pika' thing going on constantly to try and talk to you.

Zach.Is.Me.

As my name suggests, I am Zach
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2009
    I personally think Eevee and all eeveelutions are overrated ESPECIALLY Jolteon. I know it's got nice stats and flexible moveset but it's overused, I swear, it's like almost every team needs a Jolteon |:

Let's take it easy on Jolteon. Just because it's probably the most useful of Eevee's evolutions doesn't mean it's not overrated.

Flareon is cool, but you have the option of a fire-starter anyway. And even so, Growlithe/Arcanine Rapidash and Ninetales are just as good.

Same with Vaporeon. You've already got the option of Squirtle as a starter. You get to buy a Magikarp early in the game, leave it at the daycare center and come back for a gyrados after you've probably gotten the Good Rod and had some luck getting water-types leveled up by then.

But since Eevee doesn't have a grass-type evolution, Jolteon is probably the most logical choice. Plus, Raichu is probably the only other good alternative. Electrode and Magneton don't really do much for me.

encas

Don't tread on me.
    Years
  • Um, Pikachu isn't overrated. Overrated means that it's too popular with the fans. Pikachu is simply overmerchandised.

But when it comes to being overrated, I think Lucario is tops. I never got its appeal. But then again, I never watched its movie, but that's because I dislike the anime. Eevee and its evolutions come in a close second. They'd probably eclipse Lucario's popularity if it was added up!

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Pikachu is over rated, whether people like it or not he is. He is one of the main characters and of course will be "over rated" over merchandising Pikachu also makes it seem more over rated then it is because a lot of others don't get sold as much as they should. It's to be expected though, I don't really mind Pikachu as he was one of the origionals.

Autumnfox

Go with the wind~
    Years
  • Pikachu. He got old, quickly. Being the mascot of Pokemon is okay, but isn't it time for a little change? And plus, it is a very weak Pokemon (but Pichu and Raichu are cute).

I think the three original starters are overrated as well. But that's just me.

-Raiken-

L is real 2401
    Years
  • Lucario.

I know this pokemon is supposed to be strong and all but I don't see what is so great with this pokemon. Is Lucario even legendary? I keep wondering if he is or if he is not.

aquakirby

*Your ad here*
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Lucario.

I know this pokemon is supposed to be strong and all but I don't see what is so great with this pokemon. Is Lucario even legendary? I keep wondering if he is or if he is not.

Same here. Is he 3rd or 4th gen?

I vote for Lucario. Just go to any art site. And I pick Lopunny as well for obvious reasons.

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
  • Ho-Oh lol. Lay out Stealth Rock, and after two Switch-Ins its dead, or attack with a (Choice Scarfed-) Pokemon who knows Stone Edge. Tyranitar has a very painfull Close Combat-weakness but at least it can boost itself and probably take down the foe faster than, than he could do.

CyanideEspeon

Strange Woman
    Years
  • I know that Pikachu may be overrated in my opinion, but even I sort of like it. I like all the Pokémon on and not on the list, to be honest with you all.

Dj2030

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2011
    Pichu, Pikachu, and Raichu.

Their all over rated.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2013
    As much as i love it, pikachu is the most over rated just like everyone said its everywhere, and pikachu's not a strong pokemon anyway it's just cute...

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    Pikachu "I Choose You", oh it's the weakest little turd in the Poke-Universe and yet Ash thinks it can beat a Groudon which it can't use Electric attacks against because it's a Ground type Pokemon and yet it still hits.

Same with Jigglypuff, Piplup, Glameow, Gengar, etc.

Years
  • And why does Lucario have so many votes? I think it's a pretty strong Pokemon.

Maybe so, but that's not the point. The point is that so many people fanboy over it that it's practically reached the state of a demi-god when in actuality it's not all that special.

Back