• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most overrated Pokemon ( Not Competitively )

Hoenn_Waters

Is patiently waiting for ORAS
Years
  • I mean design wise, which Pokemon is overrated to you? I personally still think it has to be the Pokemon who get a lot of press just because of what they look like. For example, Lucario and Greninja are popular examples. It's not that I hate them, it's just that they're your typical fighting stance Poke with a glare. You know what? I'll just let Ledian hold a fiery staff, change its eyes to alien like while having a sleek body with spikes on its back and BOOM, instant Smash Bros character. And that's my two cents

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd like to think that Mega Charizard X gets more attention than it deserves, in some way. First thing is that it's dragon-type, which a lot of people wanted Charizard to be. Second, it's its color scheme; many people find black and blue to look nice. Personally, though, I'm not such a huge fan of it; in my opinion, its colors just don't seem to suit this Pokémon. It's also pretty random, so to speak; Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard are all a combination of red and orange, and when it mega-evolves into its X form, it changes completely. That doesn't make much sense, really. Another Pokémon that I think is sort of overrated is Zoroark; many like it simply due to how it was designed. At the same time, I feel that it still deserves credit, because how much of an important role it had played in-game; primarily, it was N's go-to Pokémon.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Zoroark :/ I guess you know why as the poster above just said it =/

Everyone likes it because of how he was designed but really, it's just...a random wolf lol

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • I have a hunch that eevee is overrated. A lot of people like it and its evolution, and I have no idea why. Personally though, eevee is not my thing.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    Most Fire-types and Dark-types are insanely overrated. Especially Charizard, Blaziken, Zoroark and Umbreon.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Most overrated design-wise eh? Hooboy do I have a wall of text ready for this.

Alright, first thing's first, I know someone said it up above, but Mega Charizard X. Chill the ♥♥♥♥ out with that appearance brah, we get it - you're trying to be cool. You didn't need to nonsensically change your whole color scheme, from one that coincided with your alternative prospective starter pokemon's of water fire and grass, with blue, green and red, to black. You can't just come back with that like you're ACDC. You're not. And the blue flames, like your'e 2edgy4school; what is that?! Blue flames are supposed to burn hotter than red, if I'm not mistaken... but you're the PHYSICAL mega evolution, with "Tough Claws", and a higher attack stat! I've got news for you buddy, no matter how dark and badass you try and look with those Pablo-Picasso-blue-period flames leaking out of the side of your mouth like you can't control your own power, your counterpart is spittin' much hotter fire, because he can control the freakn' sunlight, AND literally; spits hotter fire with higher Sp. Atk. Why not just have your claws cloaked in blue flame?!? Too much??? Is THAT crossing the line, with your sudden black color scheme, blue flames, and mouth-fire???

Lemme stop digging into that ascetic Hydreigon wannabe though, to spout off what might be an unpopular one. Garchomp. What; wh-what is this. Is this what kids think is cool nowadays? What does it even want to be? A dragon? A shark? A jet plane??? I dont' care if it gets sand veil - there's no way I'd ever miss anything like that, sandstorm or not. Its belly is bright red and yellow like some glowing Lost Planet franchise weak point, it has spikes... that, are bone? Metal? A dorsal fin; for - you know, swimming and stuff - because yeah - it can learn surf. Not that you'll EVER see that on a garchomp, but hey. IT LOOKS COOL RIGHT. Especially with those tears; like it just starred in a Steven Spielberg movie against "bigger jaws". Oh yeah, and its head makes a lot of sense; turbines on the side of a falcon-esque cranium, with inlaid eyes like it's stealing Deoxys' facial features - and what's that, A BIG YELLOW STARBURST IN THE CENTER. Why? PROBABLY - because he runs into sh*t constantly, because he can't see ANYTHING on his left or right - with organic JET ENGINES blocking his ENTIRE PERIPHERAL FIELD OF VISION. But who cares, right? Because he looks soooooOOOOOO coohoohoohoooohhooalskfjdlksadjsafjdslkfjdsklafjds

Don't even get me started on Mega Garchomp.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Jumping on the Mega Charizard X bandwagon here. I was personally happier with the black colour scheme on any form of Charizard being restricted to its Shiny forme - it just seemed more right...shinies are hard to find, so having a badass black Charizard is a lovely reward for your hard work in trying to get one. But then, they decide to give that colour scheme to its Mega form, which also gets:
    - the highly desired Fire/Dragon type, something I was happier with Reshiram having unique bragging rights to
    - fire bursting out of its mouth. I don't see why it needs that design detail, seeing as MCX never uses special Fire type moves, so those blue flames are virtually useless.

Another Pokemon I find overrated is Lucario. Now, don't get me wrong, Lucario is a great Pokemon that's served me well both in my Pokemon X playthrough and in competitive battling, but c'mon. Ever since we saw it in the Pokemon movie, people have gushed over it...then Diamond and Pearl came out, and we got to see the thing in battle. It was pretty damn good, and along with the appearance it has, it was a favourable Pokemon among players, because anything with spikes is awesome.

Enter X and Y. Enter Mega Evolutions. Enter Mega Lucario. This thing...do I have to say anything? They gave it more spikes, they gave it Adaptability of all abilities, and they gave it red tipped limbs and dreadlocks...in my opinion, they overdesigned it a bit, and overpowered it a bit. Everyone abused the hell out of it in competitive when X/Y came around...abused it so much that Smogon banned it to Ubers.

Last but not least, Eevee. People only like it for its cuteness to me. Sure, its evolutions have proven to be pretty effective, particularly stuff like Espeon and Sylveon, but base Eevee? I for one find it rather useless, no offence to fans of it. If I ever get an Eevee, I'd try to evolve it as soon as possible, as base Eevee's near defenseless. It doesn't help that I usually want an Espeon, and that's quite a timely process. Another thing - why does Eevee's shiny have a cult following? I don't see why so many people like it. :/

DarkIllumination

The one in the darkness
    Years
  • Mewtwo is the most overated seeing as he had two movies about him and the most powerful legendary until Arceus then they gave him two megastones x and y which buff his stats even higher and I keep running into him in battle spot though I usually beat it with scizor or dragonite after a DD but, everyone has one unless they trade and I never understood besides him being a powerful psychic and godly at it made him so popular and even today it still is.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I think Magikarp is really overrated. It's weak, it's stuck with Splash until it gets Tackle at level 15, and it's not even good in spin-off games. And that's why a lot of people are glorifying it now? Seriously, Magikarp sucks IMO.

Umbreon and Glaceon are the most overrated Eeveelutions in my opinion. Umbreon is weak, annoying, and NOT cute, and Glaceon has a really shallow movepool with little coverage. It doesn't help that the Ice type sucks defensively.

I also find Typhlosion to be a Charizard wannabe, and Stunfisk is a pathetic excuse for a derpmon, let alone a Pokemon in general.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2015
    Charizard, I admit, is overrated. As much as I love it, its weaknesses make it competitively difficult to use unless you Mega-Evolve it (people tend to adore it because it looks like a dragon). I also find Eevee and the eeveelutions to also be quite overrated due to people considering them to be cute (Looking at the fancharacter community, lots of Pokémon fancharacters have an Eevee or an evolution of eevee). Another overrated Pokémon is Gardevoir- who is often liked for all the wrong reasons, unfortunately.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    I'll jump on the Mega-Charizard X bandwagon, too. I won't even say why, a bunch of people before me explained it.

Lucario - Again, something most people have said in this thread. I love Lucario, it's awesome, definitely in my top 10 Pokemon design-wise, but I still know it's overrated. It is too skinny, has those weird "pants", and its tail looks really weird. Definitely overrated. But then again, compared to the rest of 4th gen, it's a god design-wise.

Mega-Gyarados - Well, it's not too bad. I just think it's highly disproportional. The head and the fins are way too big compared to the tail.

Sylveon - Here it is. The king of overrated. Ever since it was revealed, people kept talking about its design non-stop. "Omg it's so cute", "Best eeveelution yet", "Sylveon wins at everything", "Ever since I saw Sylveon, my life was complete", etc. etc. What is up with that? I don't know where to begin describing what's wrong with Sylveon. Its eyes are lifeless, the bow-ties are ridiculous, its ears are too big, legs too skinny, and the ribbons are plainly stupid.

These are just my opinions, though. Don't take them too seriously.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Lucario is so overrated. Just because it appeared in Brawl and looks "amazing" doesn't mean so many fanboys have to fawn over it. It's frail, not that fast and its mega evolution looks dumb. Its role in Movie 8 was pretty lame if you ask me.
    Also, the eeveelutions. They look way too generic, most of them have a bad movepool. But people want GameFreak to make an evo for each and every single type, and they fawn over their "cuteness".

Pikachu and Arceus are also overrated. I don't need to explain why.

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • As much as I hate saying it, but definitely Charizard. He gets way too much attention and praise, especially now with his 2 Mega Evolutions. Seriously, did he even need 2? -_-

Years
  • Charizard is extremely overrated, I never saw the appeal in it - I guess it came with being first generation and one of the most powerful in the original 151.

Back