• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most overrated pokemon

Wyvern

Gallade's Fury
Years
  • Mewtwo and Mew. They are no match for Jigglypuff.

Hehe, I agree.

Anyway, I don't like the competitive battles the way they are now! I just hate seeing EVERYONE uses the same pokemon over and over(i hate this when there exist 493 pokemon and people choose between 20). Skarmory(what's with this one? i hate him), especially GARCHOMP(no more garchomp,please!!), and Infernape (why a monkey, WHY?)...

Getting to the point. In My Honest Opinion, Sweepers are overrated. I don't know why does everyone choose ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS offense over defense! I know that most think offense is the best defense, but did you know that defense is the bravest than the 2 of them? Well you lose to this, DO NOT go against me or else... i'll fart deadly lol

Sorry for double posting:
    Ash uses gameshark. His pikachu has max stats...hacks.
    You finally got it. How does it do volt tackle without breeding?? And how did Ash's Bulbasaur use Whirlwind???? lol

Last edited:

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Getting to the point. In My Honest Opinion, Sweepers are overrated. I don't know why does everyone choose ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS offense over defense! I know that most think offense is the best defense, but did you know that defense is the bravest than the 2 of them? Well you lose to this, DO NOT go against me or else... i'll fart deadly lol

Umm, without sweepers, good luck doing anything to an opponent. Unless you're running a stall team, which is a totally different story.

Unless this is directed at noobs who have teams of 6 sweepers who can't take a Tackle, in which case, I agree with you. But as I always say, a good team strikes a balance between offense and defense.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Too bad Ash gamesharked the wrong moves onto that Pikachu :P

Overrated also has to be SKARMORY SKARMORY SKARMORY Heatran. I mean it is very good, but some people overestimate it and are reckless. In the right hands I would probably withdraw that opinion.

SpecsMence is also terribly overrated :( There are better pokemon to Specs with and Mence isn't even that great at it IMO considering it CBs way better and has a predictable movepool that even when Mence predicts right won't hurt a ton.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2014
    I think Umbreon and MewTwo. MewTwo isn't bad, actually he's pretty good, but for all the work it takes to get him, and all the hype, he could be a lot better.

As for Umbreon, in G/S/C he can't even learn any decent dark type moves.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Well Umbreon isn't supposed to attack at all.

Also on the overrated list falls Jolteon, by far the most overrated BPer the game has. It just never works :0

Palkia_279

Palkia's master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    Also on the overrated list falls Jolteon, by far the most overrated BPer the game has. It just never works :0
    I think you mean "Under Rated." Flareon is the Overated one.

And Jolteon is a good Pokemon.

Rinku

Is back for "REVENGENCE."
    Years
  • In my opinion, I think Quagsire is so overrated. I hate the combo of ground/water. Also, I think they are cowards, cause every trainer I know of that has a Quagsire over-use attacks like Dig and Protect. I think they can't take damage for sh*t and try to get away whenever they can. They are SO annoying.

Dog11561

People to see, things to do.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    I think that Porygon is sooooooooooooooooooooooo overrated. It is just a cool pokemon that can be killed really easy and its attacks are terrible and the only reason to waste 99,999 coins to get a pokemon and thousands of pokemon money is to get the stinky Pokemon in your Pokedex.

Dog11561

People to see, things to do.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    I think normal types are not really good. Porygon is good when it evolves. But still, it is the worst EEEEEVVVVVEEEEERRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But its evolutions are okay....(i guess)

LARVITAR AND SQUIRTLE ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • In my opinion, I think Quagsire is so overrated. I hate the combo of ground/water. Also, I think they are cowards, cause every trainer I know of that has a Quagsire over-use attacks like Dig and Protect. I think they can't take damage for sh*t and try to get away whenever they can. They are SO annoying.

No, Quagsire is UU- nobody uses him, especially since we have Swampert.

And if an opponent uses Dig, switch in a Flyer/ someone with Levitate (immunity to Ground), or use Earthquake (does x2 damage to Pokes that are Digging). Dig is ridiculously easy to counter.

I think normal types are not really good. Porygon is good when it evolves. But still, it is the worst EEEEEVVVVVEEEEERRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But its evolutions are okay....(i guess)

LARVITAR AND SQUIRTLE ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Porygon can put over 600 Japanese kids in the hospital for epileptic seizures. So don't say he isn't awesome. And Porygon-Z is one of the best Sp. Sweepers in the game, and has the highest SpAtk stat of any non-uber Pokemon in the game.

And for your Pokemon:
    Squirtle: Read what we all said about the starters being overrated.
    Larvitar: Tyranitar is awesome, but Larvitar? Come on.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Jolteon only beats Skarmory as a common PHazer. Steelix, Hippowdon, Swampert...none of them care if they take Hidden Power Ice and roar away subpassing attempts. Oh and all can OHKO with Earthquake. Seriously flareon sucks so it can't be overrated ._.

Also nobody uses Dig on Quagsire, and rarely you see Protect.

Palkia_279

Palkia's master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    Gallade is pretty overated. He isn't good at all. His base stats are really low.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • He can easily be dealt with. Nothing a Dynamic Punch cant handle.

Um Gallade resist Dynamicpunch :0

Like we respect your opinion and all but non of your logic makes any sense :/ Also Gallade can WoW stuff.

But anyways I'm going to play the overrated card on Cresselia. It's a good wall but not what people think it is. Weakness to pursuit really hurts and the only way it can deal damage is through Toxic or a bunch of SAtk boosts with Charge Beam. I will say it's a good Gyarados counter and can hurt Garchomp which is nice.

But IMO Cress is slightly overrated.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
  • He can easily be dealt with. Nothing a Dynamic Punch cant handle.

O.o;; Gallade's part Psychic, so fighting moves do squat. If your Gallade can't take a Dynamic Punch, it's best to raise a different one.

Technically, this isn't what the question is asking, but I think Ludicolo is terribly underrated. His only weaknesses are bug and poison, which aren't two of the more common types. Mine even withstood a Spacial Rend from my friend's hacked Wonderguard Mewtwo. x.x

I think Celebi's overrated. It's good, but it has way too many weaknesses for my taste (fire, ice, poison, flying, bug, and dark. ouch). It's good as a cleric, and is great as a Calm Mind/Baton Passer, but personally I just can't get past 6 weaknesses. :/ Base 100 in EVERY STAT is really nice though.

Back