• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Overrated Type

Most Overrated Type?

• Bug

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Dark

• Dragon

Votes: 32 48.5%
  • Electric

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Fighting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fire

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Flying

• Ghost

• Grass

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Ground

• Ice

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Normal

• Poison

• Psychic

• Rock

• Steel

• Water

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    I'm saying steel, because many go boasting how many resistances they got, many of them still get owned by Fire, ground or Fighting attacks.

I'm surprised to see that no one voted ground, because of the fact that almost every physical orientated pokemon can learn Earthquake.

Years
    Fire. While Dragon and Steel can at least use the fact that they are ridiculously overpowered as an excuse for their way too high popularity, Fire is not really a good type. Above average on the offense, and defensively just plain terrible. And still, people spam fire types on their team like crazy.
    Also, to a lesser extent, Dark.

DarkVhozon

Steel/Dragon Master
    Years
    I actually voted grass(and possibly the only person who did) because they hve an *** load of weaknesses and bad moves(ill stop here) and yet people still seem to think they are good, at least in my experience
    Dragons may be overrated but they r epic...

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    I actually voted grass(and possibly the only person who did) because they hve an *** load of weaknesses and bad moves(ill stop here) and yet people still seem to think they are good, at least in my experience
    Dragons may be overrated but they r epic...

AMEN!!! Although it's still wise to not bring a Water Pokemon to Erika or Gardenia's gym...otherwise, they get pwned when they're up against fire, bug, poison, flying and ice types.

And I REALLY HATE how many staple grass type movies, like vine whip have low PP. Vine whip only has 10 PP, while it's counterparts; water gun and ember have 25 pp.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Dragons. Well, they are dragons are a legend in every region(not pokemon, but in real life) Such as in Asian and European cultures. So Pokemon, being Japanese-made, dragon type pokemon definately will be semi-legendary or legendary.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Dragons, most def. Everyone gets obsessive over them.

You know what type is underrated? Ice. Ice types are wonderful.

eNz

Stealthy.
    Years
    I'm going with dragons on this one. Yea, they are really powerful, but I think people set the standards too high.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Dragon types. Nuff said. Plus the fact that their Dragons makes EVERYTHING cool >.>

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
    used almost every single dragon type I've came across

They're overrated coz they mostly have superior ATK or SPATK stats

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Fire is my first choice. Why does everyone have to pick the fire starter? If you give it a second type its pretty much vulrenable. The 2nd choice is Dragons. Need I say more? (lol I love dragon types)

Rossay

Quack quack
    Years
    Have to agree with most people, dragons are pretty overrated. I think ice is majorly underrated.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I'll have to agree with most people here; Dragon type Pokemon are the most over-rated. Fire types come in a close second.

Everyone is crazy about Dragon types. Dragons = Mythical creatures = Awesomeness personified.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I believe dragons are pretty overrated for obvious reasons. But they do have cool designs, ne? :x
    Fire types are a close second, although I just love them. <3

Back