• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Powerful Move?

YOLIT1

Uber Strategist
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2015
    Hey everyone. I'm sure you've all heard of the most powerful move ever thought of. (level 100 shuckle on the fifth turn of rollout hits for 4x damage, scores a critical, yada yada yada) But, I have a theory that there's another move that can be pulled of for EVEN MORE damage. I'm not the best number cruncher, so if you can get the exact values, please comment. Ahem. A level 100 Rayquaza (with 252 Evs in attack, 31 attack IVs, and an adamant nature) uses Swords Dance for three turns to max out its attack in a triple battle, while two other pokemon use a defense lowering move (Leer?) on a level 1 enemy Paras. (0 defense Evs, as little as possible defense IVs, and any nature that further subtracts to its defense) On the turn of the attack, your helpers (plusle/minun?) both use helping hand, Rayquaza uses V-create, (from the event) moves scores a critical hit, wha-boom, really burnt up Paras. If I missed anything, feel free to comment, just felt like that should have been brought up. :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In terms of anime, any move could be powerful, I suppose, as it all depends on the Pokémon's skills and experience. If done right, even a single Cut attack could be made to look harsh. When using Draco Meteor, it even has possibility of showing as if you're throwing some little pebbles, if that makes since. Anime-wise, it's anything goes. I'm not exactly a follower of manga, but I believe same could be applied there as well.

As far as games go, one of the most powerful moves I had ever seen is Outrage. It strikes your opponent two to three times without stopping, and deals quite a lot of damage. It does leave you confused in the end, but that's not much of an issue; you could always switch out, and your Pokémon's confusion would instantly be gone. Alongside, I'm also pretty fond of Iron Head and Air Slash. When these two moves are combined with Serene Grace ability, you're guaranteed to make your foe flinch almost every time and stop them from striking any hit.

YOLIT1

Uber Strategist
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2015
    I'm talking games here. This thread is made to see if I have found a move that deals more damage (don't care about other effects) than any other move. V-Create currently has the highest base power of any non-normal type move (Self-destruct and Explosion, I'm looking at you) and has the added pedigree of being fire, meaning it can strike bug/grass types (Paras) for 4x damage for a crap load of damage. I'm trying to see if this move with all the added boosts will strike for more damage than the Shuckle Rollout thing.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Anime wise , I think Psychic is most powerful move ! I mean you control an opponent body and turn all attack toward the attacker .
    Mewtwo only needed Psychic to beat practically everyone .
    Psychic is invincible So you can't dough it .
    And Psychic can manipulate all attack unless the attack is too powerful that it overpower Psychic.
    Only a Sound-based move can completely beat Psychic.

I'm talking games here. This thread is made to see if I have found a move that deals more damage (don't care about other effects) than any other move. V-Create currently has the highest base power of any non-normal type move (Self-destruct and Explosion, I'm looking at you) and has the added pedigree of being fire, meaning it can strike bug/grass types (Paras) for 4x damage for a crap load of damage. I'm trying to see if this move with all the added boosts will strike for more damage than the Shuckle Rollout thing.

You already mention the most Powerful move.
    Head Smash deal 150 damage and if user has ''Rock Head'' ability then he doesn't take recoil damage.
    Acrobat deal 110 damage if the user doesn't holding item.
    Fury Cutter can reach 200 if it use 5 time.
    Flail & Reversal's Power can also reach 200 if the user barely has any left .

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    If you only want games talk, you should post in Pokemon Gaming Central, because here you'll get comparisons woth anime, manga and assumptions about if pokemon were real.

I'll move this to PGC for you!

YOLIT1

Uber Strategist
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2015
    Thx adventure. Now, does anyone have an addition, or the numbers themselves?

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Shuckle still holds the crown for most damage possible in the game. Here is an excerpt that I read a couple months back on GameFaqs. It details on how someone tried to dethrone Shuckle by using a Swampert, but he failed with that, as his method using Swampert also works with Shuckle.

TBF Bri 10 said:
    However, after much research, Shuckle can learn the move Mimic through a FR/LG/E/XD Move Tutor, which means that Shuckle can also use Ice Ball. Here is what I found out:

User's Team:

Shuckle @ Metronome
    Level: 100
    Ability: Any
    IVs: 31 Def
    EVs: 252 Def
    +Def Nature
    Maximum Defense: 614
    - Defense Curl (Emerald Move Tutor)
    - Power Trick (D/P/Pt/HG/SS Level 48)
    - Mimic (FR/LG/E/XD Move Tutor)
    - Any

Smeargle

- Skill Swap
    - Forest's Curse
    - Screech
    - Any

Cherrim
    Ability: Flower Gift

- Sunny Day

Cherrim
    Ability: Flower Gift

Opponent's Team:

Noibat @ Any
    Level: 1
    Ability: Any
    Ivs: 0 Def
    Evs: 0 Def
    -Def Nature
    Minimum Defense: 4

Walrein

-Ice Ball
    -Any
    -Any
    -Any

Greninja
    Ability: Protean

Medicham
    Ability: Pure Power

Have Smeargle use Forest's Curse on Noibat to add a Grass type
    Have Smeargle use Skill Swap with Greninja to get Protean
    Have Smeargle use Skill Swap again to give Shuckle Protean
    Have Walrein use Ice Ball
    Have Shuckle use Mimic to copy Ice Ball
    Have Shuckle use Defense Curl for 2x power Ice Ball
    Have Shuckle use Defense Curl until Shuckle is at +6 Defense
    Have Shuckle use Power Trick
    Have Smeargle use Skill Swap on Medicham to get Pure Power
    Have Smeargle use Skill Swap again to give Shuckle Pure Power
    Have Shuckle use Ice Ball until Metronome is at maximum potency
    Have Cherrim use Sunny Day to activate Flower Gift for both Cherrim
    Have both Cherrim use Helping Hand on Shuckle
    On Ice Ball's 5th hit, get a critical hit

To make things simple with the calculation, I'm keeping out the super effective and critical hit calculations until at the end.

Psypoke's Damage Calculator:

Your Pokemon:

Shuckle @ Metronome
    Level: 100
    Type: Bug/Rock
    Att/Spec Att: 614
    Def/Spec Def: -
    Stat Modifiers: 6
    Ability: Pure Power

Your Opponent:

Noibat
    Level: 1
    Type: Normal (for easy calculating)
    Att/Spec Att: -
    Def/Spec Def: 4
    Stat Modifiers: -6
    Ability: Ignore Ability

Your attack: Ice Ball

Swampert's Item: Metronome
    Number of Consecutive Uses: 10

Global Battle Effects:

- Sunny Day
    - Defense Curl
    - Helping Hand
    - Partner's Flower Gift

Results:

Defense Curl boosts the base power for Ice Ball with a 2.0× multiplier
    Helping Hand strengthened the power of Ice Ball with a 1.5× multiplier
    Shuckle's Pure Power boosted its Attack with a 2.0× multiplier
    Shuckle's partner's Flower Gift boosted its Attack with a 1.5× multiplier
    Shuckle's Metronome strengthened the power of Ice Ball with a 2.0× multiplier
    Shuckle gets the Same Type Attack Bonus (STAB) for Ice Ball

MAXIMUM DAMAGE: 26,737,002

26,737,002 x 1.5 (additional Flower Gift) = 40,105,503
    40,105,503 x 1.5 (additional Helping Hand) = 60,158,254
    60,158,254 x 1.5 (new Critical Hit multiplier) = 90,237,381
    90,237,381 x 8 (3x Weakness) = 721,899,048

Yeah, I guess Shuckle is still the best.

YOLIT1

Uber Strategist
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2015
    This may still be alive. The formula sits at (.84*3942/D*180+2)*10.4. If anyone could find out the minimum defense stat of a level one Paras, this can be solved once and for all. Thx for any help :D

Ok, that's it. Looking around, I found the minimum defense for a Paras at 5. Going back to the formula, lets plug that in: (.84*3942/5*180+2)*10.4. After solving, the total power of this attack is: 1239764. This isn't anywhere near the record, but if someone could help me here with extra modifiers to build this up, it would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: If this doesn't work out, round two to come when O&A come out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    252+ SpA Choice Specs Turboblaze Reshiram Helping Hand Blue Flare vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Paras in Sun on a critical hit: 205836-242160 (1715300 - 2018000%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Ouch. It's a Level 1 Paras with Dry Skin, by the way. I think this is the most damage you can get without having to use anything related to flipping stats, like Shuckle has to do.

YOLIT1

Uber Strategist
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2015
    Guess this one is dead then. Ah well, just gotta wait till November before I pick this up and blow Shuckle out of the water.

Years
    These are some really interesting numbers, i've always seen stuff like theorizing Heatran using Overheat on a Level 1 Paras with +6 Sp Atk, Flash Fire and the Choice Specs but these are funny.

If it weren't for Fairy-types, Draco Meteor would still be one of the strongest moves out there, but sadly that move is mostly past its time. ):

Back