• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Underated/Overlooked/Overated Game

Crimson_Blade

Get Vegas 2 or else!
    Years
    Overlooked: Halo/Halo 2 (with ya all the way on that Kip Kip) How are Halo and Halo 2 overated any way there more overlooked that anything.

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    dragon_masta_99 said:
    Overlooked: Halo/Halo 2 (with ya all the way on that Kip Kip) How are Halo and Halo 2 overated any way there more overlooked that anything.
    I was joking. How is Halo 2 overlooked when it was the biggest entertainment single-day event in history?

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
    Pokemon_Veteran said:
    Underrated
    Metroid Prime 2 (9.5 is good but I thiought it deserved more cus it is probably the best game I've ever played XD.)
    Viewtiful Joe (Just alot of fun to play XD)
    Pokemon Colosseum (Well we all now why. 7.5 is just too low)

I have more

Overlooked
    Mario Golf TT (People dont play it cus they dont like golf. I dont but Ive played it and its a pretty cool game.)

Overrated
    Halo/Halo 2

Pokemon_Veteran

In some ways Pokemon Colosseum is underated, but it could have been so much more with all the pokemon fans and people who supported it. So to me it was good, but not great.

Kenta-kun

死神
    Years
    dragon_masta_99 said:

See, it's because they're not bad games, but they're not insanely revoluntionary, or groundbreakingly good. Yeah, it's a fun game. For a while. But everyone goes on, saying how they're the best games ever, blablabla, while they're not. Like I said above: Even Metroid Prime 2 had better single player, and Half-Life 2 had better multiplayer. So I';d hafta say yeah, both Halo & Halo 2 are extremely over rated

Carlito-san

Wooo! I'm from South Park!
    Years
    SBaby said:
    Evidently, you have never played any PS2 games.

PS2 wasn't overrated in the least. In fact, the PS2 graphics were the standard that the other two systems went by when they made their graphics engines.

Actually, it has the best graphics out of the three systems and that is because of the discs. The GCube and XBox both run on discs that allow for some of the best graphics imaginable. The drawback is that their games do allow those graphics, but the games like that are often short, unless you use multiple discs. This is because the most you will ever get out of their discs is 2-4 GB of space.

PS2 DVDs can run up to 8 GB if they're Dual-Layered. Otherwise, they go up to 4 GB, which is currently the max for XBox (which is incompatible with DL technology) and GCube (which uses different discs anyway).

Thusly, while they can have similar graphics, PS2 has much longer games because of the disc space. Look at Xenosaga. It has EIGHT HOURS of movies and cinematics in the game. And there's STILL over 30 hours of gameplay, not including the 10 hours I spent on the card game...

The Ique is an add-on to the GCube that plays DVD Movies. They need DVD games in order to keep up with the PS2's and XBox's capabilities.

That's my rant of the day.

Fable is M rated because you can get married and have... ahem... kids... Then you can kill your wife and repeat the above as many times as you wish. Also you can kill whoever you come across too.

As for me, the most overlooked game I think of is Disgaea. It's so awesome and part of the only series of games in existence that lets you level up into the thousands, without using a Stat System. Plus the story is freaking hilarious! It's a shame it wasn't advertised very much, otherwise they might still sell it here... Lots of Tactics RPG fans missed out on a great game because of that...

Sure right.Look at A game on GC,then on PS2.What is better?GC.

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    Overlooked- Beyond Good and Evil, It got good ratings but its over looked.
    Overated- Halo/Halo 2, to much hype goes out to this game..its fun but not amazing.

Pounce

renai kakumei
    Years
    Overlooked: -KATAMARI DAMACY!! ^__^ such a great game. Roll, roll, roll <3 I love it so much, but because it's so hard to find, not many people know about it. oh man. more people definitely need to find out about this game. sooo great, and it's only $20.

Overrated: -yeah, I agree- Halo/Halo 2. I thought they were horrible... I don't understand how something with such an excessive amount of violence is so popular.

Underrated: dynasty warriors. it's awesome, even if a little repetitive.

JoWood

貴族のキケロ
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 27, 2012
    Underated

-X-Men Legends
    -Nintendo DS
    -Racket and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
    -Star Ocean
    -Trime Crime: Streets of L.A.
    -Medal of Honor(both games)​

Overlooked

-Paper Mario 2
    -Mario Parties
    -Raymon Games
    -Sonic Games
    -Urbz Sims In the City(It was way better than what some game mags said)​

Overated

-Baten Katos (Because of the game, card based battling is simply boring and then they made it turn-based lol. The graphics was the only thing that made N.P. tease and RPGamers drool.)
    -Halo 2 (Same thing, just graphics that peoeple drooled over. This game only offers a good time on multiplayer or X-Box Live. Campaign is way too easy.)
    -The Sims: Makin' Magic (The fact that this game sucked. I think ruined Maxis' vision to bring REAL life to the Sims.)
    -PS2 (X-Box technically has better graphics and the same capabilites as the PS2 and most of the game are on there except for GTA: Andreas.)​

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Underrated-
    Half-Life 2(in comparison to Halo 2, this is practically trashed. I think it's far better)
    Xbox- I still think the system is crappy, but not to the extent some(most) people take it.

Overlooked-
    XenoSaga- Too many people don't know about it xD
    Half-Life 2- Really... too many people don't know about it! XD

Overrated-
    Halo1/2- Oh come on! It's great, but not that great. This game has gotten people to completely trash/forget/overlook other FPSs. Not cool.

Nintendo DS- Ooooooooooooooooooh! Two screens! Big Deal. Even Nintendo fan peoples have got to admit that NDS's attention is in the wrong area. The two screen thing is cool and all, but apart from that, the average consumer couldn't point out any other differences between it and the GBA, but will still buy it because it has two effing screens.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
    Brittany said:

Overrated-
    Halo1/2- Oh come on! It's great, but not that great. This game has gotten people to completely trash/forget/overlook other FPSs. Not cool.

Nintendo DS- Ooooooooooooooooooh! Two screens! Big Deal. Even Nintendo fan peoples have got to admit that NDS's attention is in the wrong area. The two screen thing is cool and all, but apart from that, the average consumer couldn't point out any other differences between it and the GBA, but will still buy it because it has two effing screens.

I don't really think the DS is overrated anymore, because ever since the PSP was released in Japan, and it was imported, people are now starting to see past the dual screens and into what each has to offer.

But right now PSP seems to be overlooked and underrated greatly around here.

Kenta-kun

&#27515;&#31070;
    Years
    That could be due to the fact that it has yet to be released out here. I've seen a few screenshots of games, & I think it looks good. I wanna get the Bleach game for it...

Years
    Well, I think that the most underrated-overlooked whatever game is the Boktai games I mean, has anyone heard of it? most people dont like it cause its gimmicky with the solar sensor, but its really good.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    Underrated:
    GoldenEye: Rogue Agent. It aint perfect, but it's NOT a 6.3. About 8.5
    Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. It scored lower than the MP1, and was not a worse game.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    Overlooked:

Hearts of Darkness (PS1 game, I loved it, but no one played it!)
    Banjo Kazooie (where did it go?)
    Donkey Kong 64 (another perfect n64 platformer, where's the sequel??)
    Zelda: Wind Waker (Everyone saw the graphics and instantly ignored the game without giving it a shot, shame on you!)
    FINAL FANTASY 8!! (IMO, the greatest RPG ever made, but everyone was enthralled by 7 :()

Overrated:

Halo 2 (Aside from Duel Wielding weapons and a sword, it's basically Halo Online with a crappy 1 player mode)

Tony Hawk anything (geez, just kill the series already, it once thps 3 was made)

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Dakota said:
    Overlooked:

Banjo Kazooie (where did it go?)
    It went to the cursed X-Box not too long after Star Fox Adventures was made. And they've yet to make a sequel for it on there, but last I heard they were going to make one. And of course, Grunty did mention a Threeie in Tooie and when has she been wrong about a sequel? =p

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Try the day SFA was released, their website did that massive overhaul. They were having an affair with Xbox Dev Kits for some time, I'm sure. Like they are now with the GBA. Meh.
    Dakota said:
    Overrated:

Halo 2 (Aside from Duel Wielding weapons and a sword, it's basically Halo Online with a crappy 1 player mode)
    And that's all it needs to draw in the fanboys/girls for playing. Don't you know anything? XP

Overlooked: Diagaea, Phantom Brave. And I certainly understand why. They appeal to a very specific taste, a very geeky one. The kind smothered in lifelessness and the enjoyment of raising your stats because you can. Bless NIS for continuing to give us geeks these gifts.

Star6

PC'S Local Sci-Fi Geek
    Years
    I don't know about the other catergoires but the most over rated gameis Grand Theft Auto : San Adreas. It is likke all the other games in the sereis the mission are just reguratated missions from the other games in the series. The grpahics are still the same as the two before it. The co,ouring is horrible to on it. I als just hate this series of the games.

Back