• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most useless move in the game?

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2012
    Memento. D|

Except when the last opposing Pokemon in the Battle Frontier uses it. 8D

mukkamukka

Elite Four Champion
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2014
    Dragon rage.

Because no matter what you always hit a 30. It is annoying. The other moves let you hit more or less each time but for Dragon Rage its the same 30 less hp each time. What if you versus a really tank sort of pokemon like snorlax and it has over 200hp. If all you use is dragon rage it could be a while till yuo beat it

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Mud Sport.

Dragon rage.

Because no matter what you always hit a 30. It is annoying. The other moves let you hit more or less each time but for Dragon Rage its the same 30 less hp each time. What if you versus a really tank sort of pokemon like snorlax and it has over 200hp. If all you use is dragon rage it could be a while till yuo beat it

It does 40 damage. This is like hell in low level battles, especially if you breed it onto a Horsea or a Charmander and do Level 1 only battles >_<

Years
  • I'd have to say the crappiest move is definitely Baton Pass- or at least as much as I know about it. Does it do anything other than just switching out your pokemon?

And even if Perish Song is cheap, a lot of the time the enemies are too nubbish to do anything about it XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I saw poison sting or fury attack. Gah :|

It kills me when I have to train a weedle or zubat and that's all they have.

Years
  • Just realized i didnt state mine! I think the most useless move in the history of pokemon is...!

Lucky chant. i mean seriously, what the hell man? the odds of critical hits are so low as it is, why bother lowering it even more at the expense of a turn? seriously...

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years
  • Well Im glad someone agrees with me, my point exactly, I mean whats the chance of a critical hit landing in that small window of 5 turns

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • I guess Lucky Chant is to stop people from using Focus Energy + Razor Claw + Slash (50% chance). I still think its useless though.

Negative Zero

The Word on the Wind
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2009
    Mud Sport, since it's almost always on ground-types.

Edit: Whoops, someone beat me to it.

zarithron

Still learning!
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    most useless one.. would have to be... dragon pulse :) why? CUZ I FLIPPIN SAID SO >=D jk haha :P becuase my lucario cant one shot a garados with it D:<

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • I'd have to say the crappiest move is definitely Baton Pass- or at least as much as I know about it. Does it do anything other than just switching out your pokemon?

And even if Perish Song is cheap, a lot of the time the enemies are too nubbish to do anything about it XD
    The entire competitive battling center would like to have a word with you...

Anyways, I'd have to say...Rocksmash. Until generation IV, it had a power of 20 (and even now, 40 isn't something to hold your breath at), it's chances of lowering the foe's defense are not worth wasting an entire turn, much less a move slot to use it, and just when you want to get rid of it for an uber kewl move that you spent an hour leveling your poke up just to learn...

That move can't be forgotten yet!
    -.-

Time to catch another poke to get another heart scale, then fly to Canclave to the move Un-learner, then fly to Pastoria to the move Re-learner and reteach that move...

*Bashes head against wall*

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Flatter is really useless.

It ups the target's Special Attack and make it confused.
    hitting yourself in confusion is Physical, so I deem the move, Flatter, useless.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Flatter is really useless.

It ups the target's Special Attack and make it confused.
    hitting yourself in confusion is Physical, so I deem the move, Flatter, useless.

The only use I can think of for it is for a double battle with your partner, if your partner has a Lum Berry. ._. I think whoever thought up the move Flatter, just copied Swagger without actually knowing what it was for.

Back