• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Most worthless 4 gen feature

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
    I was pretty pissed at the lack of a Game Corner... now the palce resembles a retirement home for checker players...

Also the battle pacing in DPPt was soooooo sloooooow... pauses between text, slow HP decrease... my God it made me glad I didn't care much for my Diamond and Pearl teams, not enough to grind them to bits.

Also Licklicky... my god it took one of my favourites and gave it retarded parents... how can you look at it and say it's well designed (or even remotely close to being decently designed?)

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    pokemon contests, poffins, photos, snorlax timer, and the special event swhere you have to go to gamestop in order to get it.

The bastard children of Tamagatchi known as Pokewalkers.
    mt wao could play it at school and the teachers would think its a pedometer and i wouldnt get in trouble

Last edited:

PrinceBlackheart

Taking Revenge on Dusknior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2010
    I think making poffins were the worse.It took so long and they really weren't needed.Especially the contests.I'm glad they droppped them in HG SS

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    contests
    voltorb flip
    slower loadin
    the over load of legends/events
    and the lack of fire/electric types
    oh and those worthless unneeded evolutions for previous gen pokemon except:
    gliscor,yanmega,weavile,glaceon,electivire,mamoswine&leafeon
    also porygon-Z

the rest were horrible -_-"

am ya i liked all the evos you named although i was pretty indifferent to gliscor and mamoswine but i think roserade was amazing although i hated lickilicky (i think thats what its called) so much!

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Defog, I found that utterly annoying, they just had to take out dive, and make Defog.
    This. I miss Dive. It added so much more area to the game. Imagine the new places to explore if Dive was kept in.

Defog was just there to piss people off and take up another HM slot on my Staravia.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

Ruin Maniac

Booshka
    Years

A lot of things

The designer of the in-game battle system.

The Poketch.

The battle tower.

And, lest us not forget, the stupid amount of Legendaries introduced into the fourth Gen.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I never liked the contests, or, in HGSS, the Pokeathalon. The Poketch was pretty useless too.

As to the people complaining about Voltorb Flip: Have you actually played it? It's a fun minigame, if confusing if you don't understand it.

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
    Dude, the reason of Voltorb Flip was so that the nerds and geeks out there would learn to use their brains instead of going up to the Game Corner and pressing "A, A, A, A, A, A" to buy coins (which doesn't even make sense in the first place). Most worthles 4th gen thing, though: TEAM GALACTIC'S UTTER STUPIDITY! "Oh, you've come to donate your Pokémon! How nice! Huh? You want to battle?!"

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Voltorb flip. TOO DARN LUCK BASED. AND IF THERE IS A STRATEGY,HOW WOULD A 8 year old FIGHURE IT OUT?

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
    Not luck-based at all. There is a strategy that a six-year-old could figure out. In fact, anyone who can add basic numbers can figure it out. Yes, this prices are ridiculous, I have to agree. But the Voltorb Flip is a nice way of introducing brains into Pokémon.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Nothing, I like everything about the fourth gen. 8]
    But I would have to say, I would prefer Dive than Defog. The fog is pretty fun at first, but I still miss Dive.

ase

learning How to Hack
    Years
    the fact that they had useless legendaries like cressalia and heatran they dont even have a story for cressalia and for heatran the story sucks

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    -Poffins (my screen will never be the same)
    -Contest
    -The pokemon finder thing. Whatever it's called. Half the time I just found normal pokemon that I could easily get in D/P, and then I'd have to walk around again until it recharged. It was just a pain.

I did like mining though. I swear, I think I spend more time just mining than anything else in that game...

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    Poffins is a big no no.

Contests are very big no no.
    Battle frontier deserves to be bombed. Yeah, thats right.

Back