• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Most worthless 4 gen feature

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Honey Trees.

You can't delete numbers from the Pokégear.

Kurt's Pokéballs, except the Friend Ball.

Honey Trees are okay, I just hate how long it's taking me to find a female combee in them! ARRRGHHHH.

TrainerShane

The Planner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    Legendaries, thanks to how many were introduced in Gen IV, have lost much of their luster. I remember back when I captured the legendary birds and Mewtwo I thought I was the man. Now you have so many different legendaries and so many different possibilities that it is like, "Oh, that's cool, I have captured a legendary. Anywho..."
    I like Voltorb Flip as a game, but I dislike how much things cost.

Years
    1. Ridiculously Slow frame rate (Mostly in D/P)
    2. Slow surfing (D/P)
    3. Defog (at least whirlpool was slightly better, but I like dive better)
    4. Most of poketech apps (Except for Type thingy, compatibility check, ect.)

Platinum made everything in D/P better. Now, when I go through pearl, I can't stand it!
    But I liked generation 4, thanks to platinum and HGSS.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Defog.
    Poffins.
    Accessories.
    Battle Tower/Frontier: Really, it makes no sense in the story. How do guys like Palmer get ahold of Pokemon like Cresellia and Regigigas? What sort of magical powers are used to drop your Pokemon from level 100 to level 50? Why the heck would any battle facility even think of purposely poisoning or paralyzing your Pokemon? (I'm looking at you, Battle Arcade)

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 5, 2011
    The actual slots they were a fun mini-game. I also miss that one game from Gen 2, it was like the new one I think.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    1.The Contests utterly ridiculous
    2.making poffins like most people can't really do it well
    3.accessories why would I want to dress my pokemon up I mean really? whats the point
    4. Continually having to traverse Mt.Coronet I mean come on build a cable car or something

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2012
    I found Poffin Making more fun that doing the contests which the poffins were supposed to train you for :/

şɧąγɱïŋ

Z E K R O M ★☆
    Years
    I have to say, Defog was really annoying and useless, another HM that I'd use once and then never have to bother with again since I'd already cleared that area and could just fly to the next place. Sometimes I didn't even need to use it since you could pretty much see what was on the map if you walked around enough.
    Another thing would be some of the useless Poketch applications. Why do I need a coin flip or a puzzle game or the marking map? I have nothing to mark, since the berry location already has an app. The calendar is pretty useless too, since I'm pretty sure everyone knows what day it is. The only useful ones imo are the normal 24 hour digital clock, and the pokeradar counter. :/

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I have to say, Defog was really annoying and useless, another HM that I'd use once and then never have to bother with again since I'd already cleared that area and could just fly to the next place. Sometimes I didn't even need to use it since you could pretty much see what was on the map if you walked around enough.
    Another thing would be some of the useless Poketch applications. Why do I need a coin flip or a puzzle game or the marking map? I have nothing to mark, since the berry location already has an app. The calendar is pretty useless too, since I'm pretty sure everyone knows what day it is. The only useful ones imo are the normal 24 hour digital clock, and the pokeradar counter. :/

the daycare app was useful

şɧąγɱïŋ

Z E K R O M ★☆
    Years
    the daycare app was useful

Sorta.
    But most people used the bike on that stretch of map that ran right from the moomoo cafe thing to the bottom where the trees are, and that means cycling past the daycare guy each time, so you could check visually if there was an egg or not without having to use the daycare app. Plus you have to refresh the ap by clicking on it, so you still have to waste time going around and pressing it every so often to check if theres an egg there. I guess it's alright for some people though.

BigBlastoise

The Big B-Turtle
    Years
    Wow! I have the ultimate most unusable and most pointless addition to the games! Alright, the first app you get for the Poketch is a digital clock right? Later in the game, you can unlock the analog watch app. Why in the God forsaken world would I want to use an analog clock when I have a digital one for free...?

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Sorta.
    But most people used the bike on that stretch of map that ran right from the moomoo cafe thing to the bottom where the trees are, and that means cycling past the daycare guy each time, so you could check visually if there was an egg or not without having to use the daycare app. Plus you have to refresh the ap by clicking on it, so you still have to waste time going around and pressing it every so often to check if theres an egg there. I guess it's alright for some people though.

that is a good point but it was kinda useful which is better than most apps

Back