• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Most worthless 4 gen feature

Years
    I just wanted to know what you guys think the most worthless 4 gen feature was?. For me it has to be the contests for this game they really didn't cut it for me.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Contests were made impossible, IMO.

However, worst for me was the slower frame rate. If you look, when you're on a bike, the graphics are crappy anyway! I think they should have delayed and made it at least Platinum standard for D/P, and bumped Platinum up to Hg/Ss standard, then kept those the same.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I liked the contest, but I'd say the worst definitely had to be the poffins, and making them was equally boring.

Unionhack

Yes Indeed
    Years
    Making poffins was the absolute worst. I usually just bought them, because I had all kinds of money when I was playing. I love the contests, however.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I hate the extremely low amount of BP you get in the battle tower. You go through all 7 trainers who are usually pretty hard and get like 3 BP and return.

Mewtwo152

nomnomnomnonmnom
    Years
    I think it was the two-speed bike. I realize it's infinitely more convinent than having to go to Mauville whenever you need the other bike, but you never had to utilize it. There weren't the Acro Bike obstacles from R/S/E, and the Mach Bike setting was nowhere near as fast as Gen III. The only explanation the game gives for multiple speeds was taking sharp turns, but how many of those are there, really? And the bike is slower anyway, so you should be able to take corners easily.

However, worst for me was the slower frame rate. If you look, when you're on a bike, the graphics are crappy anyway! I think they should have delayed and made it at least Platinum standard for D/P, and bumped Platinum up to Hg/Ss standard, then kept those the same.
    Also this. The switch to a 3D style slowed down the game considerably. Especially running, and explains the slow bike.

Last edited:
    Years
    I played through the entire game without making or using a single poffin, or participating in a contest. However, I think the most worthless feature was the Accessories and dressing up your pokemon for a photo.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    TTHHIISSSSS.

I can't stand playing through Pearl or Diamond because things take FOREVER to get through. After playing Platinum I wonder how I even put up with it in the first place.

I kinda do contests once in a while, but I never got serious about them, and I find something relaxing about making Poffins.

Oh I also get annoyed at the honey tree system too. I started paying attention to my Munchlax trees but eventually gave up :(

Years
    Oh I also get annoyed at the honey tree system too. I started paying attention to my Munchlax trees but eventually gave up :(
    Oh, and did I mention the outrageously slow Surfing?
    Defog, I found that utterly annoying, they just had to take out dive, and make Defog.
    I think the most worthless feature was the Accessories and dressing up your pokemon for a photo.
    I agree with all of this. Honey trees might of been a good idea for the game, but IN GAME eh...not a fan. yeah the surfing was pretty slow too. and DIVE WAS SUCH A GOOD HM. more useful than Defog thats for sure. I loved the move Dive, they could of done so much with it too :|
    And the dressing up thing was so dumb too :|

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    well surfing was very slow in diamond and pearl, but they sped it up to a decent speed in platinum. But waterfall was still slow. And I like the honey trees just change the system so it's not as much of a hassle.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I hate the extremely low amount of BP you get in the battle tower. You go through all 7 trainers who are usually pretty hard and get like 3 BP and return.

I agree, and that reminds me of how much I hate the battle frontier in D&P anyways. Platinum's was a little bit better, but to me it just didn't have that feeling that Emerald's had. Weird? Mehh, maybe.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    The Vs. Seeker. I mean it's good for having a rematch, but it's just not worth it..

wwwhhaaat?
    that thing basically made my garchomp !
    there's not unlimited trainers in DPPt, and I'm not one of those people who rushes into the Pokemon League with 5 lvl 40 pokemon and a legendary hoping to luck it out, and buys 100 full restores.

Anyway, the Poketch Apps were the most useless, they should have had mini games on the poketch, it was boring and lame

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years

This sucked. A lot.

Also, in Diamond and Pearl, whoever programmed the battles needed to be shot.

Chimchar used Scratch!
    *pause*
    Damage animation.
    *pause*
    HP drops.
    *pause*
    Piplup used Pound!
    *pause*
    Piplup's attack missed!
    *pause*
    What should Chimchar do?

It makes Diamond/Pearl almost impossible to play for me, considering that I spend 95% of my time grinding. The first time I played Diamond, I gave up right after the Rival fight at the very beginning. :C

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    Lack of good pokemon, they make a game with so many training areas, yet they keep out the strongest pokemon, and add ****** ones

Garchomp, The dragon trio. And Arceus THE STRONGEST POKEMON IN THE METAGAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well.... Perhaps some suck but still ARCEUS THE STRONGEST POKEMON IN THE METAGAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back