• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mostly hardest GYM Leader?

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
Years
  • emerald the twins of mossdeep

awww man they were so tough

but i actually enjoyed the difficulty i think the gyms of hoenne where all generally tough except the first two those were a joke haha

Years
  • It's a tie between Clair and Norman. In the old Silver and Gold, IIRC, there were no dragon types until after you beat Clair, so I usually had to level grind significantly (or use a legendary). And Norman's Slaking is just a beast.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Seeing as this pertains to all generation Gym Leaders and not only those in HeartGold and SoulSilver, I'll just move this on over to General Pokémon Gaming.

For me though, I don't necessarily find any of the Gym Leaders to be difficult. I notice they do get harder as you progress, of course, but none in particular that is all that difficult to say. If I had to choose one, then it would probably be Clair of Johto, as Dragons can be tough to deal with at times, considering they only have two main weaknesses that not everyone trains. :\

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
  • I'd say Whitney and Norman. Though when I battled them I wasn't using fighting types, but still.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • I never thought Claire was tough. I would always have a Kadabra/Alakazam with Ice Punch. Same thing for Whitney, but it would be a partly trained Geodude or Machop. Norman was pretty tough though, I'll agree to that. For me, the hardest gym leader was Misty. I always start with Charmander, and lately, i've been speed running blue, so I don't stop to get a Pikachu or train the Pidgey that I have. I have to settle for getting Charmeleon and teaching it Dig. It's definitely not very easy.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Depends on my team, for some reason Claire is rather easy to me... unlike you guys...idk why... there is however always one Pokemon that seems to be on steroids...anyone know what I mean? You OHKO 3 of their Pokemon and the last one just owns your whole party's face

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I hated the Hoenn gyms. I disliked Brawly and Wattson.

A long time ago I would have said Brock at the beginning of Yellow version was the most ridiculous gym leader I have ever had to face.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I hated the Hoenn gyms. I disliked Brawly and Wattson.

A long time ago I would have said Brock at the beginning of Yellow version was the most ridiculous gym leader I have ever had to face.

Brock was never hard on Yellow, get a Butterfree and Confusion OHKO both Pokemon or just level that crap outta Pikachu to 20 and use Slam

Years
  • I would have to say the girl with the milktank haha. bad memories...
    Misty was hard for me if i chose charmander and the twins at mosdeep city were tough too

Years
  • Giovanni from R/B/Y was pretty hard in my opinion (my Pokemon weren't leveled up enough). Norman was hard 'til i got a fighting type and whooped his *ss!

Years
  • Winona

I don't much like Hoenn Electrics other than Lanturn and Raichu.
    Her spamming of Double Team is frustrating. Mostly the Pelipper and Altaria that annoy me.

Wild Pelipper are more annoying than hers. Protect.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Whitney. Milk Drink and Rollout were driving me nuts, along with attract, that made it the battle a whole lot harder :/

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
  • Whitney an her stupid Miltank, I remember the first time I ever fought her, It took me 3 tries to beat her! I've never had that much trouble with any other Gym leader except going against Wattson with a Grovyle and Swellow. So either of those two.

Years
  • Sapphire was my first pokemon game and Brawly almost made me break my game boy until my friend told me about fighting being weak to flying so I wised up and got a tailow.

Back