• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Mt. Coronet

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
  • Mt. Coronet

The presence of caves is a given in any Pokémon game. Mount Coronet isn't just your average cave that blocks your path once during the story. No, the player has to travel through and over this mountain several times during the main story with the climax being the summoning of the box legendary of the game deep in the inner part of the cave system.

What did you think of Mt. Coronet and the Spear Pillar that lies within? Share your opinion and you might get featured on PokéCommunity Daily a la this article.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Personally a huge memory spot. This was my 7 year-old self's first moment of video game suspense. I still remember the feeling I had as I walked up to the pillar... And then remember how much Team Galactic COMPLETELY RUINED THE SUSPENSE by trying to beat me up. I also remember having like 10% HP on my last mon when I fought Dialga. That sucked. Last thing I remember is Fly not working from Spear Pillar, costing me a Blackout on a wild Bronzong. God those Bronzong were awful.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2018
    The Sinnoh region really stands out. In no other Pokémon game the games world feels more alive than in DPPt. This is because the places in this region are tied to the story closely. The story truly takes place in that region. NPCs interact with it, places change their appearance. It is not some random places that could be exchanged by something else, every detail is important.
    Mount Coronet really adds to that effect. Not only does the most important part of the story take place there, it makes Sinnoh dynamic. There is a Pokémon which appearance depends on what side of Sinnoh it lives, there are Pokémon that can only evolve if you train them in the mountain, it even plays a key role in Sinnoh mythology.
    I always loved travelling around in Mount Coronet. It felt big. Not only because it actually was big, which means it took up much space, but also because it felt like something bigger. Bigger than the story you were playing, bigger than the everything you or Cyrus or anybody in Sinnoh could do or accomplish. The place felt like it demanded to be respected, as if it was a living character in the game. That's what makes Mount Coronet stand out: It's not just any location.

Years
  • Sinnoh was by far my favorite region. I remember feeling really hyped walking up to the pillar and catching Dialga.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    Mt. Coronet was great. I like that there was a bunch of different pokemon to find in it but it also mattered in the story. The snowy, haily parts were a pain in the ass but Mt. Coronet was always fun.

DarkestMidnight

[color=black][b][font=Shadows Into Light]Demon Sla
    Years
  • I remember as I approached Spear Pillar for the first time, my 8-year-old self's heart was beating so fast. The combination of the music and the buildup to the encounter with Dialga was an incredible experience for me. One of my favorite moments in Pokemon. Sinnoh made me so happy, so many memories. Mt. Coronet is cool, but it was sometimes annoying to navigate without repels.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I thought it was personally one of the coolest and nicely designed places in the games. I mean sure the graphics helped give it that more "real" affect but the pillars broken and such looked awesome, the mural was cool and just all the mystery around it and stories were fun to hear and kinda like suspenseful. Plus it wasnt one of those enter the cave and go straight up kinda places it had twists and turns and seemed more lifelike cause you could go to opposite towns and then of course you could enter from a green meadow and end up in like 4 feet of snow!

Back