• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Multi-Generation "Pick-a-Character" Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eevee-Freak

AmberAnonymous
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2012
    CHARACTER: Giovanni/Sakai
    GENERATION: IV
    GAME VERSION: Pearl
    POKÉMON CHOSEN: Persian(Meowth), Kingler(Krabby), Rhydon(Rhyhorn), Machamp(Machop), Golem(Geodude)

ANYTHING ELSE? Ill trade the eggs from my Platinum and also use it to evolve Machoke and Graveler

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    CHARACTER: Giovanni/Sakai
    GAME VERSION: Pearl
    POKÉMON CHOSEN: Persian(Meowth), Kingler(Krabby), Rhydon(Rhyhorn), Machamp(Machop), Golem(Geodude)

ANYTHING ELSE? Ill trade the eggs from my Platinum and also use it to evolve Machoke and Graveler

Interesting choice! I've added you to the Participants Roster; thank you and good luck!

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    This may help you if you watch the Anime ^^ Remember, you can be anyone who owns more than 1 Pokémon. (:

i know my choices, but i have to decide. can more than one person be the same person...whoah. (can more than person choose the same character??)

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
    CHARACTER: Cynthia from Diamond/Pearl Versions
    GENERATION: Fourth
    GAME VERSION: Pokémon Diamant (i'll play the French version, so i can learn and play at the same time ;D)
    POKÉMON CHOSEN: Garchomp, Lucario and Milotic (for training); Roserade and Gastrodon (as slaves). I'll play a ROM, so no Spiritomb for me..
    ANYTHING ELSE? I wanted to pick Crys, but it's okay. I can't wait for my Champion battle!!!!!!!

Years
    i know my choices, but i have to decide. can more than one person be the same person...whoah. (can more than person choose the same character??)

Ahh, okay. And yes, more than one person per character is fine. If one character becomes insanely over-used I might put a limit cap on them, but at the moment people seem to have interests in all directions, which is great! (:

CHARACTER: Cynthia from Diamond/Pearl Versions
    GENERATION: Fourth
    GAME VERSION: Pokémon Diamant (i'll play the French version, so i can learn and play at the same time ;D)
    POKÉMON CHOSEN: Garchomp, Lucario and Milotic (for training); Roserade and Gastrodon (as slaves). I'll play a ROM, so no Spiritomb for me..
    ANYTHING ELSE? I wanted to pick Crys, but it's okay. I can't wait for my Champion battle!!!!!!!

If you really want to use Crys then you may; at the moment, no character has a cap on how many people can pick them. (: However, I'll put you down for Cynthia from the Adventures Manga, is that right?

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
    Ah, it's okay. Actually I never trained any of Cynthia's Pokémon in DP, so I think that it fits better than Crys for me. I'd feel bad to play with Shirona from the mangá since i didn't read the DP series yet.

But thank you, anyways!

Last edited:

Years
    Okay, getting the updates started! There's no official way of doing this I think, so I'm just going to use bullet points. bullet points are sexy.

Character: Paul/Shinji.
    Game: Pokémon Pearl.

✖ Started Pokémon Pearl. Chose a male avatar and named it Shinji. Saved myself and Rival Pearl from some fearsome Starlys (o no), choosing Turtwig in doing so. Named Turtwig "Maurice".

✖ Ran backwards and forwards between Twinleaf Town and Sandgem Town doing all of the beginning-the-story plot stuff up until the point where Dawn gave me five Pokéballs. I used these to catch five Bidoofs, headed to the Pokémon Center, and traded over my ready-bred eggs from Platinum. I then spent about twelve million years running around getting the eggs to hatch and levelling up my hatchlings.

✖ Proceeded to Jubilife City, got my Pokétech, delivered the map to Pearl, then ran into Pearl on my way out and beat him easily. Poor Pearl. At least he isn't Wally. :/

✖ Proceeded through Oreborough Gate. Got HM06: Rock Smash from the eerily generous Hiker. Arrived in Oreborough City, healed up, went down to the mine, dragged Roark back out by the ear, then beat him using only my Nidoran and Double Kick. Then I took on his Pokémon hurrr.

✖ Back up through Jubilife to the Ravaged Path, Rock Smash'd my way through, oh hai Floaroma Town and the Team Galactic Team of Fail, just passing through, up to Eterna Forest. Weird lady in there latched on to me (apparently the Yes/No option is broken) and with her Chansey on-hand we made it through the forest. I'm now just outside of Eterna City, doing some training for Gardenia's gym.

My lovely team of awesome Instruments of Certain Doom and Destruction or Else™ (staying in-character) are as follows:

Teddiursa - Adora - Level 15
    Murkrow - Esk - Level 16
    Aron - Glenda - Level 13
    Nidoran - Vimes - Level 14
    Elekid - Weatherwax - Level 15
    Turtwig - Maurice - Level 14

Yes, I have some serious levelling-up to do. (If you get where the nicknames are all from, you are made of serious awesome.)

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    CHARACTER: May/Haruka
    GENERATION: IV.
    GAME VERSION: Platinum
    POKÉMON CHOSEN: Torchic (Blaziken) Eevee(Glaceon) Squirtle(Wartortle) Bulbasaur (Venusaur) Munchlax(Munchlax) Wurmple (Beautifly)

ANYTHING ELSE? I'll be sending the eggs from my plat.to my diamond to my plat again.lol

Question:Do they have to have the same exact moves?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    That's funny. I actually had this same idea a while ago when I played through Fire Red using only the pokémon that Red from the manga had. Of course, that wasn't too hard because all of his pokémon were easily obtainable in that version but I might just give this a try with someone a little more challenging.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Hmm..I have a problem, the guy I want to be is https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Drew

but I can't use any of my gen III games. so i think ill do Gary.

Character: Gary
    Player: Gary
    Game: Blue Version

Blastoise
    Nidoking
    Nidoqueen
    Pinsir
    Magmar
    Dodrio

P.S. i won't be putting my full focus into this as I am doing a Solo run with Totodile in Crystal and the Ultimate Monotype Challenge, so I have to clear that too. But it willl eventually get done.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    Hmm..I have a problem, the guy I want to be is https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Drew

Game: Blue Version

Blastoise
    Nidoking
    Nidoqueen
    Pinsir
    Magmar
    Dodrio

P.S. i won't be putting my full focus into this as I am doing a Solo run with Totodile in Crystal and the Ultimate Monotype Challenge, so I have to clear that too. But it willl eventually get done.
    This is my story too so I am progressing slow in FR.

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
    Right, so I'm a tall blonde kind woman called Cynthia, from Celestic Town. I mean, Celéstia. (This is Pokémon Diamant, trés chic!)

(I'll skip the obvious part, i think we know the Diamond Version story)
    Me and my firend Cyrus went to lake Vérité (Verity). I ended up with Wig, my Tortipouss Turtwig. Then, I went to Littorella Jubilife city. At first I didn't want to catch any Pokémon, I knew my future Baskara Grotle could take care of Pierrick Roark, from Charbourg Oreburgh, so I went to the Pokémon School to deliver a Parcel to my beloved friend Cyrus. When I left I decided to walk around looking for some clowns with Coupons. They were so lovely.. All the three of them gave a Coupon to me :D !!

-- From now on, i'll say it all in english, cause this is annoying

With my new pink Pokétch, I had a battle with Cyrus (FRIEND!!). Of course that I forgot to heal Wig, but I didn't faint! Actually I won! (2 HP left)

After I have defeated a lot of strong and powerful trainers (at Route 103), a Hiker I don't know gave me a HM06. But i can't teach such a weak move to Wig, so I caught a Machop and named it MACHOC (actually, it's Machop's name in French, so i didn't call it anything), and taught it Rock Smash. But before you can use the move you got to have a Badge (Coal Badge, specifically) So I got it (easy..). In the way back to Jubilife I decided to catch a Zubat (to help me defeating a certain Nature-Lover you-know-who..) Named it Ultra. And caught a Budew too, since something tells me I'll have a Roserade someday. But it's just as a symbol of my future slave (a.k.a Pokémon treated with love and respect). Named it Lux (Light).

Before defeating that stubborn red-head Galactic Commander, I had to evolve Wig, so I did. And I defeated her, even though Ultra seems to be a waste of time, by now.

Now I'm on my way to the forest.. I want to meet myself in Eterna!! it'll be like.. WOW! Cynthia talking to Cynthia! Like if time and space were out of control... bleah, that won't happen, specially in a fourth Generation game, hehe.

---

As you may have noticed, I never wrote things like this before, but that's how i think it works.

Pokémon:
    Zubat Ultra lv. 12;
    Grotle Wig lv. 20;
    Budew Lux Lv. [I don't care]
    Machop MACHOC Lv. [doesn't matter]

Years
    I looked through the Bulbapedia character list for characters teams that are usable outside of DPPt (too slow =/) and have rather cool teams (no monotype teams, then I could do a monotype run as well). I decided to play a character named Mandi, in Crystal version. So yeah:

CHARACTER: Mandi, apparently from the anime
    GENERATION: 2
    GAME VERSION: Crystal
    POKÉMON CHOSEN: Exeggutor, Seadra, Golbat, Pidgey
    ANYTHING ELSE? Crystal because I'm in early generations mood and outside of Crystal there's no female character.
    Oh, and from which trainer do I get the Leaf Stone there?

Last edited:

Hana~

Now available in surround~
    Years
    Since there apparently isn't a cap on players playing as the same character, I'd like to do Shirona as well.

CHARACTER: Shirona (Cynthia) from the Pokémon Anime, Pokémon DPt and Pokémon Adventures.

GAME VERSION: Pokémon Platinum Version

POKÉMON CHOSEN: Garchomp, Togekiss, Lucario, Spiritomb, Roserade, Milotic

ANYTHING ELSE? I will trade over eggs containing Riolu, Spiritomb and Feebas from my Platinum. The rest of the Pokémon I will catch/recieve normally.

Eevee-Freak

AmberAnonymous
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2012
    Hey, ehh.. mai eggs failed pretty much, so ehh.. i wnna change from IV to I and use LeafGreen
    thnx

Progress:
    -Got Bulbasaur
    -Did all the starter stuff
    -Got through Viridian Forest
    -Pwnt Brock
    -Got running shoes
    -Saved Progress

Team:
    Bulbasaur Lv.14 @ /

Moves:
    Tackle
    Growl
    Leech Seed
    Vine Whip

Yeah i know, but the 1st pokemon of Gio you can get is Geodude and that one is at Mt.Moon

Another Update:
    Finally got to Mt.Moon and caught myself a nice Geodude, had to lv it a lot so...
    Team:
    Butch(Geodude) Lv. 15 @ /

Moves:
    Tackle
    Defense Curl
    Mud Sport
    Rock Throw

Last edited:

Years
    BIG REPLY OF AWESOME

I'm glad to see so many people getting involved!

Question: Do they have to have the same exact moves?

You have been registered on the Participants Roster, good luck!

Also, you do not have to use the same Movesets unless you absolutely want to. It's another way to make the challenge harder if you like stuff like that ^^

That's funny. I actually had this same idea a while ago when I played through Fire Red using only the pokémon that Red from the manga had. Of course, that wasn't too hard because all of his pokémon were easily obtainable in that version but I might just give this a try with someone a little more challenging.

Funnily enough, SilverSmeargleSplatter also had the same idea XD I'm glad I made a challenge for it, lol. Let me know who you decide upon!

Game: Blue Version.

If you wish to use an Emulmalator for a Drew challenge, or use Gen IV games if you have any available, that would be fine. For now I will register you as Gary, but let me know via PM/VM if you wish to change.

CHARACTER: Mandi, apparently from the anime
    GENERATION: 2
    GAME VERSION: Crystal
    POKÉMON CHOSEN: Exeggutor, Seadra, Golbat, Pidgey
    ANYTHING ELSE? Crystal because I'm in early generations mood and outside of Crystal there's no female character.
    Oh, and from which trainer do I get the Leaf Stone there?

Great to see someone taking on a side-character! You've been registered, good luck! As for the Leaf Stone, you acquire one from Picknicker Gina on Route 34. She'll call you after a little while and give you one.

Since there apparently isn't a cap on players playing as the same character, I'd like to do Shirona as well.

CHARACTER: Shirona (Cynthia) from the Pokémon Anime, Pokémon DPt and Pokémon Adventures.

GAME VERSION: Pokémon Platinum Version

POKÉMON CHOSEN: Garchomp, Togekiss, Lucario, Spiritomb, Roserade, Milotic

ANYTHING ELSE? I will trade over eggs containing Riolu, Spiritomb and Feebas from my Platinum. The rest of the Pokémon I will catch/recieve normally.

Shirona sure seems to be popular! I've registered you on the Roster; good luck with the challenge, particularly with Feebas!

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    I'm considering joining this taking on Red, but as Red would I be able to use the team he has in GSC or would I have to use his Manga team?

Years
    Started on Crystal, chose Totodile, did early stuff. Caught a Pidgey. Trained it a bit and then fought my way to Violet, and caught a Zubat on the way there. Used Sprout Tower to level Zubat up, against most other enemys it would have been a much bigger pain since zubat literally sucks. beat Falkner, he was quite easy thanks to some luck with Confusion. Arrived at Azalea. Beat Rockets, beat rival but I yet have to challenge Bugsy.

Team: (yes, I'm uncreative and re-using nicknames)

Columbidae / Pidgey m Lv.14 @ /
    - Tackle
    - Sand Attack
    - Gust
    - Mud Slap
    As you can probably see, I've been focussing on Zubat since I can't evolve Pidgey so it will become rather useless later on.

LOL Edward / Zubat m Lv.19 @ /
    - Leech Life
    - Supersonic
    - Bite
    - Confuse Ray
    Again, a huge pain to train until it got Bite.
    The positive thing: Since there are no natures in this generation yet, this has regular Special Attack, which makes it a better Bite user than my previous Zubat was.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back