• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Music you're looking forward to hearing

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I have a question:

Isn't this similar to the thread I made about a week or so ago?
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=180651
    Your thread is about official music and this thread is about the music we are looking forward to listening. Thus I assume that they may be similar in the sense that both of the threads are about music in hg/ss. Ontopic: I am really looking forward to all the music in the game but the ones I really would like to listen are Legendary dogs' theme, Lance's battle theme and Red's battle theme.( I think that Red should have a seperate battle theme. I am not sure but I remember Lance and Red having the same theme in the originals.)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    GOLDENROD CITY PLEASE.

The BGM there is still one of my favourite tracks in all of video game OST history. No joke. (And I listen to a looot of OSTs.) I'm not kidding when I say hearing a rearrangment of this song is one of the only reasons I'm excited for the games at all.

Ayselipera

The battle music and surfing music were my two favorites.
    I'm also really looking forward to the music in Sprout Tower,
    Gyms, and the kimono girl dance theatre in Eruteak. And then
    theres either the theme in Cherrygrove or Littleroot that I liked
    I don't really remember. For the most part though I'm excited
    for all the old music.

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Dec 10, 2023
    I know this has to be one of the more said ones but both the 3 dogs music and the kanto leader theme.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Looking forward to hearing all the music, but especially the champion's theme and the music for the Kanto Gym Leaders. The Legendary Beast's theme will be something to look forward to as well.

kellogs

Crunchy
    Years
    The surf music,so relaxing and also Bellsprout tower and Goldenrod's music as well,as they stood out the most for me :DThe one i want to hear the most is Ecruteak city :D

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Goldenrod had some great music, Olivine City did as well, I just love all the music in general. Going back to Kanto, Lavender Towns music was always classic. Celadon City's was my favorite though.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    I love to hear every new song but I hope somehow that they will keep the G/S/C "Super Effective" sound effect and some of the attack sounds (just polish them a bit). I would also like to see some redisgned attacks of G/S/C with a bit of D/P/Pt

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    Gamefreak probably will ruin most of them. Honestly, everyone has to agree that the FRLG tracks weren't anywhere near as badass as the classic ones were.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    In FireRed and LeafGreen the remixed put it worked out perfectly fine. Not everyone liked it, yes, but that is because everyone comes with their own likes and dislikes. However, the music placed in the Kanto remakes was not terrible and I wouldn't say Game Freak will ruin most of the new music placed in HeartGold and SoulSilver either. From what we've heard, everything seems to be going well. Yes, there were people talking over it, but it was still capable of being heard and what people said sounded like they liked it. For me, I'm enjoying every song heard so far, but I'm really interested in hearing more of GoldenRod and the newer locations added in as well. The reason why is because a remix placed in both places can be twisted in with the old, but a little hint of new music game play in these locations will be nice. The nostalgic feel of it would be the best part though and seeing as Goldenrod was a personal favorite city of Johto, I'd like to hear what has been altered with it some more.

Back