• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Musical Geniuses

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
    Do you play a musical instrument? If so, which instrument? It can be whatever you play, including singing. Do you play in some sort of band, or do you just play for fun?

I play guitar, and I can occasionally sing. I do have a band, and currently we are recording our first album.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i play the piano. i like to sing, which i'm normally very modest about, but i've been able to vocally/instrumentally collab with a friend of mine who plays the guitar. we're not a band, we just like to cover old folk songs together. we share this weird addiction to formulating a series of notes/cords and repeating them over and over. only a musician understands this, his wife or anyone else sharing the house gets really annoyed and confused. anyway, that's what my time playing music consists of.

congratulations on your album. do you write music?

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    I play Piano, Violin, Viola and Cello and I'm going to learn to play guitar aaaand I used to play clarinet, flute and recorder but I quit because the teacher sucks. xD; I'm in the school choir, orchestra and band. :3

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I sing, play guitar, bass, violin and I'd like to pick up piano. I'm not overly good at any of them but I just do it for fun really.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I play the piano, and I used to take drum lessons. I take piano lessons, but I took the drum lessons for fun.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    I can sing and I recently quit guitar because I wasn't getting anywhere.
    I'm not in a band or anything, but I'm more of a manager for my friends band ^^

PokeLen

I am Kira
    Years
    So jealous of you all. I've always wanted to learn how to play the guitar, but I never actually tried. I do play Piano and have played for a really long time. I've tried singing a little, but I usually stick with singing rock songs, because my voice can't really do anything else.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
    i play the piano. i like to sing, which i'm normally very modest about, but i've been able to vocally/instrumentally collab with a friend of mine who plays the guitar. we're not a band, we just like to cover old folk songs together. we share this weird addiction to formulating a series of notes/cords and repeating them over and over. only a musician understands this, his wife or anyone else sharing the house gets really annoyed and confused. anyway, that's what my time playing music consists of.

congratulations on your album. do you write music?

Ah, yes, the blissful sound of three simple chords being played over and over and over again... yes I do understand that.

I do dabble (this is a fun word, try saying it out loud)in music writing, but I'm not particularly good at it. I stick mostly to lyric writing, and leave the arpeggios and such to my band's lead guitarist (we don't really play arpeggios, since a lot of our music is on acoustic guitar rather than electric. Plus neither me nor the lead guitarist are quite fast enough to play an arpeggio.)

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    I've been playing guitar for 10 years now, and I got pretty good I guess. I've always been using electric guitars and never owned my own acoustics although I do intend to get one at some point and try to get good on them too. I'm best with lead stuff, like improvisation and all that; I was never into learning other people's songs since I didn't get the point so I taught myself musical theory and went from there really. Just simple metronome practice with a load of scales in front of you actually goes a long way imo, especially if you throw in a few more interesting chords like 7ths rather than the bogstandard Maj, Min and 5ths. I'll stop now lol.

I really wouldn't be interested in playing as part of a band though. I don't really think I could give it the time or dedication it'd need and in that way I'd just be letting the other members down, so there are far better people than me to help participate in one. I've been asked a few times to join bands but I didn't really know the people either so I always declined. It doesn't feel good but I don't think I'm into it enough so yeah. x)

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Ah, yes, the blissful sound of three simple chords being played over and over and over again... yes I do understand that.

I do dabble (this is a fun word, try saying it out loud)in music writing, but I'm not particularly good at it. I stick mostly to lyric writing, and leave the arpeggios and such to my band's lead guitarist (we don't really play arpeggios, since a lot of our music is on acoustic guitar rather than electric. Plus neither me nor the lead guitarist are quite fast enough to play an arpeggio.)

right on. it takes practice and self-confidence. i can't read music so i have my own disorganized little system of writing piano pieces. if i tried to write lyrics i'm sure i could, i mean, i'm a fabulous pun-maker and my haiku freestyling abilities can't be topped. heh but i don't care to spend a lot of time putting together a lyrical masterpiece though. creative writing just doesn't come naturally to me.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Musical talent? I can play piano, violin, flute, alto saxophone, clarinet, ukulele, and recorder if that counts. I quit the band and orchestra though...

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    My main instrument is the piano. I've been playing since I was six, quit lessons when I was ten (but still played occasionally and even taught myself To Zanarkand from Final Fantasy X) and just started back up almost two years ago. I love playing, especially slower songs; it's my favourite emotional outlet.

I also have a guitar and a violin but I haven't really been successful with either yet. I've had guitar lessons on and off to very little success and I've yet to properly learn the violin but I would love to in the future. Maybe when I'm done with my piano lessons.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    I used to be the drummer for the local high-school band, but I stopped since it dissolved long ago. Gotten rusty.

I've also been told that I sing well, but I never agreed to that-or gave it any serious thought. To sum it up, musical instruments are not really my thing. I like hearing music, but i'm not particularly interested in producing it.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I play the clarinet, and two days ago I finally quit the lessons! :D

Yeah it was fun at times but the school band is crappy with 9 members in it lol, and I have my final year 10 exams in a few weeks, and I have dropped music for year 11 so i don't need to play anymore.

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
    Years
    I play the piano. Or any other keyed instrument for that matter. I also play guitar. I'm more of a guitar player than I am a keyboardist, because when I play the keyboard, I just make **** up as I go along until it starts to sound like a psychedelic song. With the guitar, I actually right things down. I was also a big saxophone player in my youth.

fango pango

This fire burns, always.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    I can play drums and a tiny bit of bass and I do sing (but only like asking alexandria and cradle of filth,mmy clean vocals aren't as good xD)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    My main skill is trumpet, and even then I'm not really good, considering that I onlyplay now and then. Keyboards another skill, and I'm getting better at playing it. Guitar is my main aim though, or bass. As for playing in a band, I don't, as I believe I'd bring anyone else down, as I'm not that good.

Back