• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Alolan Team V2.0 (Under Construction)!

GloomyFrost13

Commander of the Almighty Bergmite Army
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    So I took on board what you guys said last time and started properly putting together my new team:

Salazzle @Choice Scarf
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Corrosion
    EVs: 252 SPATK/ 252 Spe
    - Fire Blast
    - Sludge Wave
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Toxic (Because I can't be bothered grinding for HP Ice)

Dhelmise @Assault Vest
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Steelworker
    EVs: 252 HP/148 DEF/108 SPDEF
    - Power Whip
    - Shadow Claw
    - Anchor Shot
    - Rapid Spin

Lycanroc-Midday @Focus Sash
    Ability: Inner Focus (In case of Fake Out)
    EVs: 252 ATK/252 Spe
    - Stone Edge
    - Accelerock
    - Crunch
    - Fire Fang/Stealth Rock

Fourth member is a choice between Golisopod and Araquanid - I dunno, I really like them both....

Golisopod @Assault Vest
    Ability: Emergency Exit
    EVs: 252 HP/252 ATK/4 SPDEF
    - First Impression
    - Sucker Punch
    - Leech Life
    - Liquidation

OR

Araquanid @Assault Vest
    Ability: Water Bubble
    EVs: 252 HP/252 ATK/4 DEF
    - Liquidation
    - Leech Life
    - Lunge
    - Scald

For my last two slots, I figure I need maybe another Special Attacker and probably something that resists Rock-type moves - Kommo'o and idk what else, maybe.
    Also, I'm really bummed that Gen 7 doesn't really have good Ice-types - they're my favourites. Crabominable's OK I guess, but only in a Trick Room team.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

I'm assuming this is an in-game team, right?

Anyways you don't want Choice Scarf on a Pokemon with a status move such as Toxic. You don't want to be locked into that. Also it is going to be hard to give you a full review until you provide your entire team.

GloomyFrost13

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I'm assuming this is an in-game team, right?

Anyways you don't want Choice Scarf on a Pokemon with a status move such as Toxic. You don't want to be locked into that. Also it is going to be hard to give you a full review until you provide your entire team.
    No, it's not an in-game team. It's for random battles online. Nothing serious. I don't do serious.

The Choice Scarf is there because Salazzle has literally no coverage moves other than what I've given it. Toxic is a situational move; Salazzle scares out a lot of Steel Types, and on the other side of the coin, lots of Steel Types switch in to try to wall Sludge Wave. It's a perfect use of Corrosion, and I can just switch out after.

Lastly, I did say in the post I don't have the rest of my team yet.

Sirfetch’d

No, it's not an in-game team. It's for random battles online. Nothing serious. I don't do serious.

The Choice Scarf is there because Salazzle has literally no coverage moves other than what I've given it. Toxic is a situational move; Salazzle scares out a lot of Steel Types, and on the other side of the coin, lots of Steel Types switch in to try to wall Sludge Wave. It's a perfect use of Corrosion, and I can just switch out after.

Lastly, I did say in the post I don't have the rest of my team yet.

You don't need any additional coverage moves. You could add a Hidden Power of choice, probably grass for Rock + Water types, but Nasty Plot would be the best move for the 4th slot. It powers up Salazzle's already high sp attack turning it into a good sweeper. Equip a Life Orb for more power.

And yes I saw in your post where you said that you don't have the rest of your team but that doesn't change the fact that it makes your squad hard to properly rate. Even if you don't have them yet maybe specify a few mons that you are considering using to help out a bit.

GloomyFrost13

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    You don't need any additional coverage moves. You could add a Hidden Power of choice, probably grass for Rock + Water types, but Nasty Plot would be the best move for the 4th slot. It powers up Salazzle's already high sp attack turning it into a good sweeper. Equip a Life Orb for more power.

And yes I saw in your post where you said that you don't have the rest of your team but that doesn't change the fact that it makes your squad hard to properly rate. Even if you don't have them yet maybe specify a few mons that you are considering using to help out a bit.
    Then maybe suggest good support for my last slots?
    Also, I can't be arsed grinding for a specific Hidden Power. Shoot, I don't know how.

Edited main post: Kommo-o and maybe an Electric Type (Tapu Koko?) are ideas for my last two.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I take it he was looking more for team-building help rather than a RMT

But anyway, Salazzle doesn't need Choice Scarf. Base 117 Speed is plenty good and being locked into one move at time wastes away on the coverage it has.

One thing to try to do with the rest of your slots is to have the team members work well together with each other. Like for example, using Dhelmise's Anchor Shot to trap Pokemon that its teammates will handle well. Bring Dhelmise in on something it does well against, then Anchor Shot their switch-in, then switch to whatever you have that handles that Pokemon well; it'll be trapped and then you can get a kill there.
    edit: fml Anchor Shot trap effect wears off when it switches out

Pair it with stuff that will check/counter its checks/counters basically.

One thing I've been wondering though: Golisopod and Leech Life. I'm aware that Leech Life got a huge BP boost, but is that really going to be healing significant amounts on a poke with base 60 SpA and a -SpA nature and no SpA EVs?

Oh, and if you're going to be doing 6v6 singles and not 3v3 singles, you need Stealth Rock.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I take it he was looking more for team-building help rather than a RMT

But anyway, Salazzle doesn't need Choice Scarf. Base 117 Speed is plenty good and being locked into one move at time wastes away on the coverage it has.

One thing to try to do with the rest of your slots is to have the team members work well together with each other. Like for example, using Dhelmise's Anchor Shot to trap Pokemon that its teammates will handle well. Bring Dhelmise in on something it does well against, then Anchor Shot their switch-in, then switch to whatever you have that handles that Pokemon well; it'll be trapped and then you can get a kill there.

Pair it with stuff that will check/counter its checks/counters basically.

One thing I've been wondering though: Golisopod and Leech Life. I'm aware that Leech Life got a huge BP boost, but is that really going to be healing significant amounts on a poke with base 60 SpA and a -SpA nature and no SpA EVs?

Oh, and if you're going to be doing 6v6 singles and not 3v3 singles, you need Stealth Rock.
    Leech Life is a physical attack and always has been.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    dammit I would forget that lol

GloomyFrost13

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    OK, Gotcha! I have an SR user in Lycanroc.
    I might have Kommo-o ready to switch in after Anchor Shot in case of Dark types, and Tapu Koko to deal with Flying Types.

Back